More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:42:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Family Reunion Memories Have Driveway Pictures.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family Reunion Memories Have Driveway Pictures.  (Read 5067 times)
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Family Reunion Memories Have Driveway Pictures.
« on: 2006 January 31, 05:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone! First I would like to say thank you to all of you for providing me with countless hours of entertainment with your retarted and intelligent posts. Thank you to many of you insightful people that provided answers to fixing problems with glitches in the game and a big thank you to you wonderful modders that provided awesome hacks that improved my enjoyment of the game immensely.

Now on to my question. A few days ago I noticed something odd when I clicked on one of my sims family reunion memory icons. In the display window that popped up the thumbnail was of the driveway and not of a sim. I checked out a few other sims that had family reunion memories and they were all the same. Has anyone else had this happen to their sims memories?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Family Reunion Memories Have Driveway Pictures.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 31, 05:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only gotten the 'random household object' icon in place of a Sim icon when someone invites a friend over via the computer.

I actually haven't had any family reunion memories at all... I think I have a hack in that suppresses them, though I would like some now and again, but considering the way Maxis spams memories and how related my Sims are, I think I'll just leave it in.

There's also the fact that the 'never went to college' memory comes up in a Sim's memories as 'completed freshman year'... so I'm not surprised some other memory is messed up, too. For something that can screw a game up so easily, memories sure are kinda buggy.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 31, 05:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you get family reunions, you tend to get thirty or so of the memories as well. I reccomend getting noreunion memory, which can be found at the hack section of this site. (Try clicking free sample on the front page)

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 31, 05:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the "no family runion memory" hack stop a sim from getting any family reunion memories or will it just stop them from getting so many of them?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 31, 05:53:20 by DCNBrett » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 31, 06:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It squashes all of them. The wants will be satisfied, but you won't get a mangled memory that points at empty space and random garbage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 31, 16:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here's a stupid question.  How do you get a family reunion in the first place?  Invite over all relatives?  Or just immediate family?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 31, 16:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've gotten it is when I had anniversary parties and had relatives invited.  It probably works the same way for having a party as well.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 31, 16:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone. Your answers were greatly appreciated.
pippi
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 09, 22:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's another stupid question.. how do I delete the hundreds of family reunion memories I have? Now, I have the hack that prevents them so they'll no longer show up, but I didn't have it before and acquired a large ammount of these retarded memories.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 09, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's another stupid question.. how do I delete the hundreds of family reunion memories I have? Now, I have the hack that prevents them so they'll no longer show up, but I didn't have it before and acquired a large ammount of these retarded memories.

Go into the memories in SimPE, select them and press delete.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 09, 23:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this plugin for SimPE will help get rid of those spam memories faster

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2590.0
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 10, 20:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the noreunion memory hack in place, and it works great.  However, last night while playing Darren and Cassandra Dreamer's lot, I realized that their youngest son had never even met Dirk, so I had Darren throw an anniversary party, inviting just Dirk, Angela (formerly Pleasant), and their child aged son.  After the party, both Darren and Cassandra had memories of the Golden Anniversary party, but the picture on the description was a police car for one and a taxi for the other.  And no, the party wasn't raided by the cops.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: