More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:47:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it possible to enable build mode on community lots, or another easy way...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to enable build mode on community lots, or another easy way...  (Read 4120 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Is it possible to enable build mode on community lots, or another easy way...
« on: 2006 January 18, 16:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...to do this?

My little family graveyard has gone too crowded to fit in the garden, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a small family graveyard on a community lot right next to the house.
I like to make little mausolleums for each sim.  A small building, with a nice little endtable for the urn, some candles, maybe some flowers, and most importantly; a portrait of the sim.
So, I'm wondering, what's the easiest way to get the portrait from the home, to the graveyard?
The easiest way would be if I could just put it in the inventory of one of my sims, send them to the lot, and hang the picture on the wall.
I know I could change the lotzoning of the graveyard, put the picture in the inventory of a sim and move them into the graveyard, then change lotzoning back, but then I'm not sure what the safest way to get the sim out of the lot again would be, without selling everything that's already there (for some reason I'm not entirely sure I can trust Inge's stay things shrub), and anyway, it sounds a lot more complicated than it should be.

Any suggestions?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it possible to enable build mode on community lots, or another easy way...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 18, 16:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false? I don't know if it would work with the inventory though.

It is a lovely idea of putting the portraits in the crypt though-let me know if it works so I can steal your idea! Cheesy

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is it possible to enable build mode on community lots, or another easy way...
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 18, 16:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it lately, but I seem to remember trying it before and not getting it to work.
I guess I should try before asking.  brb

Edit:  Nope, sorry.  Does not work.  Cry
« Last Edit: 2006 January 18, 17:08:58 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 18, 17:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there is a way, a little hard but...

1. Clone a paint with SimPE (various tutorials availables).
2. Place inside the paint of the sim (extracted from his thumbnail - tuorial at MTS2).
3. Always with SimPE, categorize the cloned paint to have it available in community lot (again, tutorial at MTS2).
4. Simply place the new paint into your graveyard lot (build lot mode).

I think it should work.

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 18, 17:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would work, but it wouldn't be simple.

I think I'm going to have to take my sims to the graveyard, have their mugshot taken there, and place it in a pre-recerved tomb before they snuff it.
A bit morbid, but functional.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 18, 18:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use Inge's "make things stay" shrub and change it to a residential lot. www.simlogical.com  You can move out of residential lots and not have to sell anything. Then change it back to a community lot. You will also need Carrigon's wierdo collection www.variousimmers.net to put a residential trash can and mailbox on the lot. Just changing from community to residential will not allow a sim to move in if they are missing the mailbox and trash can.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 18, 19:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've set up a photo studio at the graveyard.  I think that's the simplest way.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 18, 19:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww what a shame it doesn't work Undecided It was a lovely idea.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 18, 19:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to my post?  Huh

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: