More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:18:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making my own townies/downtownies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making my own townies/downtownies  (Read 12102 times)
Thraxwhirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Making my own townies/downtownies
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 21, 23:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends where you "release" them as townies.
Thus, townies you create and release downtown will become downtownies and likewise for uni (ya only, of course) and your main hub.

I don't think that's true at all. Townies don't specifically live ANYWHERE as such. They are simply folk who wander the Neighborhood. Furthermore, they stroll around from one SUB-Neighborhood to another, so there's no such thing as Townies versus Downtownies. Not as far as I can tell.

YAs at Uni will visit both Residential AND Community Lots in your Core 'Hood and your Downtowns(I've seen them there). And, prior to Installing the "No Shove After Look Through" Mod, I found that one of the Dads living in my Core Neighborhood had a habit of turning up on Campus to do the shoving.

It is however true that Uni NPCs, such as Cheerleaders, Streakers and Mascots etc. will only do their annoying BS On Campus, although there's a hack on MTS2 for people weird enough to WANT these irritating NPCs visiting their NON-Uni 'Hoods.

But, apart from the Uni NPCs, which I always BAN from all my Lots, thanks to Twojeffs' marvelous work, I don't honestly think it matters WHERE you make a Townie or NPC. I THINK they'll show up just about anywhere.

Though I haven't looked at the coding, so I couldn't swear to it.
Nick
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 21, 23:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not like townies very much. I only use them for friends occasionally.

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 22, 01:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAs at Uni will visit both Residential AND Community Lots in your Core 'Hood and your Downtowns(I've seen them there). And, prior to Installing the "No Shove After Look Through" Mod, I found that one of the Dads living in my Core Neighborhood had a habit of turning up on Campus to do the shoving.

Untrue. YA students do not leave the campus unless you invite them over.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 22, 09:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, apart from the Uni NPCs, which I always BAN from all my Lots, thanks to Twojeffs' marvelous work, I don't honestly think it matters WHERE you make a Townie or NPC. I THINK they'll show up just about anywhere.

What does matter is what 'family' the sim gets put in. Making townies with the regular teleporter shrub means the sims will be put into the townie family, and this will effect the frequency with which they appear at certain places. In the base neighborhood one will get townie walkbys and townie visitors to NPC lots, but I have yet to see ANY downtownies in my base neighborhood. However, in the downtown, downtownies will be the majority of the population on the community lots and will be the walkbys - but if one is making townies and does not specifically put the sims into the downtownie pool, they will not get this. They will find their downtown lots oddly bereft of any visitors but what playables aren't being played at the moment.

NPCs are a whole 'nother matter, but again, they have to be in a particular family.

I've never seen a dormie wander anything but Uni lots, and seriously doubt that they go outside of the Uni neighborhoods on their own.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: