More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:00:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mod suggestion : Rent instead of buy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mod suggestion : Rent instead of buy  (Read 11228 times)
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Mod suggestion : Rent instead of buy
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 19, 05:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali
Maxis bragged that you could do this before the release of the core game.  Of course they also bragged about weather and a bunch of other stuff that never materialized.  They said you could own your own vacation house as well as your main house.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 19, 07:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried replying to this a few hours ago but I pressed the wrong button and all was lost.

I shall make another shrub for $10,000 and look into making the interest rate a BCON value so it can be easily edited according to personal choice.   That will affect all shrubs from that file though - I don't think it's practical to have a menu and set each one separately.  So you'd  be able to have the $1000 shrubs at one rate and the 10,000 shrubs at another.  Of course you can also aways edit the OBJD to change the price, too.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 19, 15:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried replying to this a few hours ago but I pressed the wrong button and all was lost.

I shall make another shrub for $10,000 and look into making the interest rate a BCON value so it can be easily edited according to personal choice.   That will affect all shrubs from that file though - I don't think it's practical to have a menu and set each one separately.  So you'd  be able to have the $1000 shrubs at one rate and the 10,000 shrubs at another.  Of course you can also aways edit the OBJD to change the price, too.

Woo hoo!

Thanks Inge!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 19, 17:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's practical to have a menu and set each one separately.

If you can set the amount for each shrub, why would you have multiple shrubs?  You'd only have one per lot, or maybe a few more if you get yourself deeper or deeper into debt.  Or ideally you'd modify the amount for your initial shrub (like you would be re-mortgaging.)

Woo hoo!

Thanks Inge!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 19, 18:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point was it was meant to be something very simple - with nothing to go wrong.  Unfortunately it's already getting a bit more complicated because the billing has started playing up again and I am having to set the price up and down when you go in and out of live mode Sad

Bear in mind that players will want to place some of these while they are initially building a lot, and under those circumstances the menu cannot be used.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 19, 21:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new plant is now available and I fixed both so you can edit the amount charged, and they turn into $0 price during live play, and revert to -$1000 etc when you go into buy mode!   At least now the bills don't get confused.  I think that's a Maxis bug, actually.

qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 22, 03:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Maxis bug? Surely you jest!
Just thought I, too, would do my bit to irritate JM by thanking Inge. Benes for you!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: