More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:41:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti-Foodnapping Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Foodnapping Hack  (Read 33777 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti-Foodnapping Hack
« on: 2006 January 18, 06:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes foodnapping considerably less likely to kill your sims: Sims will not foodnap until their energy is somewhat lower AND they are not in danger of starving.

antifoodnap.zip

Anti-Foodnapping for TS2NL v1.0p1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Sims will not consider foodnap until energy is lower (-75 -> -85). Odds of
foodnapping proportionately adjusted upwards (25 -> 40), but sims will not
attempt to foodnap if hunger is low enough that foodnapping can be fatal.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for all versions up to TS2NL v1.0p1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
Re: Anti-Foodnapping Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 18, 06:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a star! Kiss

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 18, 07:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't wait to try this.  Even with No eat crap, they still fall face-first in their food way too much.
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 18, 10:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank god.  I swear, yesterday my sim was foodnapping when her hunger was at 5 and her energy was at 21.  I wanted to reach through the screen and shake her to wake her up.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 18, 12:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is working great so far.  One question:  will it also affect visitors to the lot who fall asleep while eating?  The only way I've found to wake them up when that happens is to make a loud noise in the vicinity (like, say, a stereo or a ringing phone).  It would be great if visitors would wake up on their own, or better yet, not foodnap in the first place.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 18, 13:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is working great so far.  One question:  will it also affect visitors to the lot who fall asleep while eating?  The only way I've found to wake them up when that happens is to make a loud noise in the vicinity (like, say, a stereo or a ringing phone).  It would be great if visitors would wake up on their own, or better yet, not foodnap in the first place.
It will have an effect on visitors foodnapping. And yes, the best way to wake up people who insist on sleeping is loud noises. APO or the Stereo is a great way to create a loud noise on demand (and I often have security panels in food service areas anyway just to keep undesirables out)....but why are you feeding visitors anyway? With only very rare exceptions, there's no benefit to feeding them. Little thieves can go get their own food at someone else's expense.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 18, 13:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the specific situation that prompted this question was a visiting Sim who'd been stuck on the lot overnight.  She originally fell asleep in the bathroom (trying to use a very old toilet that wouldn't function anymore...) and I didn't notice until the next time I entered the lot that she was even there.  I unstuck her from the bathroom, and then I wanted to send her home, but didn't have a Say Goodbye option for her.  She flashed a "hunger desperation" thought bubble so I decided to feed her, just to get her stats up high enough so she wouldn't die while visiting.  (She's one of my playable Sims, not a townie, so if she's going to starve to death I'd rather have her do it at home....)  And then she started foodnapping, and I had to use the stereo to wake her up.

Karen
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 18, 14:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karen

It would be nice if there was a "wake up" interaction for visitors.  I mean, can't your sim shake them, or yell in their ear?  I've never had a visitor foodnap, but I get a little annoyed when a sim woohoos with a visitor who is just slightly in the yellow on energy and they proceed to sleep until 6 am, or the date ends.  I sometimes resort to "cheating" and make them selectable, wake them up, then make them unselectable (I use InSIMinator, but you could use Merola's mirror, too).
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 18, 14:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting banned, I just had to say "Thank you, this is great!". Now Cassandra Goth can consider getting pregnant again without a fear of an embarrasing death with her face buried in her dinner.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 18, 14:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes resort to "cheating" and make them selectable, wake them up, then make them unselectable (I use InSIMinator, but you could use Merola's mirror, too).

I thought about that (I've used Merola's mirror to do similar things in the past) but decided to see if I could figure out another way to do it in this case.  It would be nice if there was a "Wake up" interaction that one Sim could do on another who is sleeping.  Having them wake up all of a sudden to a blaring stereo or TV is awfully jarring.  It works, but it's annoying.....

Karen
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 18, 15:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! I love you JM Kiss I have wanted this hack for ages Grin No more cookies for my poor pregnant simmies now!

By the way, if visitors fall asleep, I find 'shoo' ing them works wonders Smiley

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 18, 15:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely, thank you!

Food-napping is just so very...not cute. And not funny. It would be funny if it were RANDOM rather than just happening every bleeding time (and usually only when the sim in question is starving to death). I wonder if it is one of the many things that was supposed to be random originally, but just...isn't.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 18, 16:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say foodnapping, I immediately thought it referred to people in restaurants stealing your food (which is also an annoyance).  As in kidnapping and dognapping...

Anyway, I'm downloading.  Cheesy

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 18, 16:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say foodnapping, I immediately thought it referred to people in restaurants stealing your food (which is also an annoyance).  As in kidnapping and dognapping...

LOL!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction at first....

Karen
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 18, 18:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was about food stealing, too!  Anyway, I am not going to use this because one of my main joys is watching the dormies fall asleep in their food and thinking "Another dormie death?!" in an excited, anticipatory manner.  Not that any have died that way, they've all died because the game insists on sending them to class when they're practically dead of hunger.  One dormie recently came back from class, sat down to eat, managed one mouthful and was sent to class again.  His hunger bar at that point was almost totally red. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 19, 17:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if there was a "wake up" interaction for visitors.  I mean, can't your sim shake them, or yell in their ear?  I've never had a visitor foodnap, but I get a little annoyed when a sim woohoos with a visitor who is just slightly in the yellow on energy and they proceed to sleep until 6 am, or the date ends.  I sometimes resort to "cheating" and make them selectable, wake them up, then make them unselectable (I use InSIMinator, but you could use Merola's mirror, too).

When a visitor fall asleep in bed after a woohoo session, if one Sim is awake on the lot, you can clic on that visitor and select "shoo".  The visitor will wake up and get out of bed.

And thanks JM, pregnant Sim will no longer die for silly and conflicting reasons from now on.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 19, 21:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I am not going to use this because one of my main joys is watching the dormies fall asleep in their food and thinking "Another dormie death?!" in an excited, anticipatory manner. 

I'm on the fence on this one, too, for the same reason.  I took a snapshot for that dorm's photo album because one of the dormies was "foodnapping" and my sim was sitting at the table with her, eating and chatting while the dormie snoozed away.  At one point my sim's talk bubble showed the hourglass, and that's when I took the picture.  It's labeled "Oh, grow up already, Adrianne!  Get up and go to bed!"  "Twas quite funny at the time.

But I hate when a pregnant sim who's trying to get some food in her plops face-first into her bowl, and I can't get her to wake up long enough to eat a sufficient amount before going to bed.  And I know that if she wasn't pregnant or wasn't eating, for crying out loud, she wouldn't be passing out at that energy level.

So I'm going to download this and use it when I'm playing residential lots and take it out when I'm playing Uni.  Seems to be the best for both, at least for me!

Thanks again, JM!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 20, 20:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the fence on this one, too, for the same reason.  I took a snapshot for that dorm's photo album because one of the dormies was "foodnapping" and my sim was sitting at the table with her, eating and chatting while the dormie snoozed away.  At one point my sim's talk bubble showed the hourglass, and that's when I took the picture.  It's labeled "Oh, grow up already, Adrianne!  Get up and go to bed!"  "Twas quite funny at the time.

But I hate when a pregnant sim who's trying to get some food in her plops face-first into her bowl, and I can't get her to wake up long enough to eat a sufficient amount before going to bed.  And I know that if she wasn't pregnant or wasn't eating, for crying out loud, she wouldn't be passing out at that energy level.

So I'm going to download this and use it when I'm playing residential lots and take it out when I'm playing Uni.  Seems to be the best for both, at least for me!
That seems like a cumbersome method of doing it. Besides, dormies will still pass out into their food plenty often. Why, just a few minutes ago, a dormie took a foodnap into his food. And this was installed. As Ancient said, he hasn't actually seen a dormie DIE from foodnapping normally anyway.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 20, 21:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well then, as long as they still pass out I'll just leave it in.

BTW, since putting in the nouniprotect I've had two dormie sims die.  And the latest one was - wait for it - Marsha Bruenig!  (The YA dormie version of her is a real bitch, so MWAHAHAA!)

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 20, 21:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Ancient said, he hasn't actually seen a dormie DIE from foodnapping normally anyway.
Ancient Sim is a female. 

BTW, since putting in the nouniprotect I've had two dormie sims die.  And the latest one was - wait for it - Marsha Bruenig!  (The YA dormie version of her is a real bitch, so MWAHAHAA!)
I just had a dormie die coming back from class at the large dorm at La Fiesta Tech.  She came back from class and turned into a tombstone.  I didn't realize it until my knowledge sim wanted to see her ghost.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 21, 01:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much. I've been wateing for this since Nightlife came out. Maxis had a good idea with the "food nap" thing but they did it wrong... again.

Or I could be totally wrong...
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 21, 02:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a visitor fall asleep in bed after a woohoo session, if one Sim is awake on the lot, you can clic on that visitor and select "shoo".  The visitor will wake up and get out of bed.

Yes, but if your sim is on a date with them, that will instantly end the date.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: