More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 09:58:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Reason for crashing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reason for crashing?  (Read 6163 times)
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Reason for crashing?
« on: 2006 February 20, 07:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having trouble with the Goth lot crashing - it's the only lot that does this, and even when I remove my downloads and hacks, it still crashes.

The only thing in the error logs (apart from about a million audio issues) is this -

ERROR GZPersist: Cannot load dependent resource with group ID = 6f000667u, instance ID = d2aad222ff0a72cau, type = e519c933u
.\source\GZPersistSerializer.cpp(204)
ERROR GZPersist: Cannot load dependent resource with group ID = 6f0005d5u, instance ID = f8c02f63ffb830c1u, type = e519c933u
ERROR GZPersist: Cannot load dependent resource with group ID = 6f000724u, instance ID = 3bdfa4c0ff3042aau, type = e519c933u
ERROR EdithObjectModule: Found multiple global simulation objs of the same type [Controller - Visitor]
.\source\EdithObjectModule.cpp(2291)

I have no idea what any of these mean - are they related to the crashing? I'd really like to try and fix this problem without having to resort to moving the family out (and preferably without bulldozing the lot, too.)

I know, I don't ask for much, do I?  Wink
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Reason for crashing?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 20, 07:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When does it crash, while you're playing, when you're loading or what?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 20, 07:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a particular time the lot crashes?  The reason I ask is because mine would do it when the carpool would come.I couldn't figure out why
tho but one day I decided I wanted to redo a few things on the lot and I removed the fence and crashes stopped,not sure if that was was doing it or not but it couldn't hurt to try it.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 20, 07:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It crashes when I'm trying to load the lot.   Undecided
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 20, 09:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Klapaucius, make a test: take off all your hacks folder from the Downloads folder (I hope you have such a folder), and try to enter the lot. It will give you some hint of the crash's cause.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 20, 09:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

incompatable careers are usually the culprits though your error log doesn't seem to indicate that, usually it hints at something. still could be though
taking out your downloads folder is the easiest way of seeing if it is anything in there causing it and then checking a few in batches
tedious but has to be done Smiley
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 20, 12:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went through a period where each one of my Maxis-made lots would crash. And I never found the cause.

Eventually I moved the families out and into new houses, and all is well (for the time being).
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 20, 12:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I took out the hacks folder - still crashed whilst trying to load the lot Huh

Anelca, I don't have any non-Maxis careers, and even when I remove the entire Downloads folder, it still crashes....

I suppose the next step is just to move the family out - I was really hoping to keep the family and the house intact (it's filled with family paintings) but I guess sometimes you just have to know when to let go... Cry

Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 20, 13:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an inhabited lot with people who wield cellphones?

This could be a cellphone-related crash, if the lot jams because somebody was using a cellphone when you last saved.

There is, however, a cure you can try, if you haven't already evicted them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 20, 13:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting the groups.cache ?
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 21, 01:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, groups.cache has been deleted, with no effect....

And no cellphones on this lot, or any of my lots, for that matter - those things drive me crazy, so my Sims don't get one...

No, I haven't evicted them yet, so am keen to hear any possible cures..... I think.....  Undecided

Grin
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 21, 02:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, once I had a Sim wearing a custom outfit and I didn't like it, so I closed the game and deleted the dress.  The next time I tried to open that lot, it crashed and it wouldn't load again until I restored the deleted outfit.

Since then, I've never had that problem with deleted CC clothes, but sometimes a deleted item can do that.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 21, 02:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't deleted anything lately - deletion is not something I do too often, I usually hoard stuff, even after it becomes patently obvious that my Sims wouldn't be seen dead in whatever-it-was...

Thanks for the idea, though...  Smiley
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 21, 03:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have debug mode on when you are loading the lot?  Perhaps it will come up with an error and then you can make note of the error that comes up.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 21, 05:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried loading the lot with debug mode enabled, and it just crashed at the usual point with no error message.

I'm starting to wonder whether the Goth family is worth all this hassle...  Cheesy
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 21, 18:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing you might try...

If you have a backup of the neighborhood, and you aren't overly partial to any other lot in Pleasantville, delete the no-longer-Pleasant neighborhood from your Sims 2 folder and replace it with the back up. You'll obviously loose any recent changes to your other families, but you'll also loose the crash-causing bug in the Goth house.

Good Luck!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: