More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:37:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti Watch Out!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Watch Out!  (Read 49008 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti Watch Out!
« on: 2006 January 13, 19:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gets rid of unnecessary "Watch Outs!" which usually stomp homework returns, stuff-brought-back, etc. Sims no longer watch out for unmanned vehicles. Period. Supercedes Crammyboy version. Now with more "get in the damn car" action.

antiwatchout.zip

Anti-Watchout for TS2NL v1.0p1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Sims no longer "WATCH OUT!" for unmanned vehicles. Only manned vehicles will
shoo sims off driveways.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for all versions up to TS2NL v1.0p1.
Replaces Crammyboy "No Driver Watchout".

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 17, 15:26:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Anti Watch Out!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 13, 20:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOOOO! Thanks JM - that's REALLY annoying!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 13, 20:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* felt real stupid that I couldn't see a link then realized there wasn't one but I found it here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/

Grin
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 14, 00:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, I think Pescado forgot to put the link in his 1st post, thanks for adding the link.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 14, 01:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you this is great! Cheesy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 14, 10:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you this is great! Cheesy

Ditto Grin

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 14, 11:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of interest, what are unmanned vehicles in the sims?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 14, 11:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know when a Sim arrives home in his car, and then immediately gets an action to "Watch Out!"  That vehicle is unmanned, so that shouldn't be happening.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 14, 17:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious, but does this improve upon Crammyboy's hack in anyway? What's the difference? Is it just a matter of cleaner or neater code... or are there any additional features? Inquiring minds want to know!  Cheesy

Ste

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 15, 15:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! I hate it when you have to wait so long for sims to move out of the driveway before you give them a command.

Ty, ty Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 15, 15:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious, but does this improve upon Crammyboy's hack in anyway? What's the difference? Is it just a matter of cleaner or neater code... or are there any additional features? Inquiring minds want to know!  Cheesy
Crammyboy's hack appears to attack the problem by extending the pulse rate between which sims are told to Watch Out!. This tends to result in lower incidents of "Watch out" hitting a sim exiting the vehicle before he can clear the driveway, but it'll still happen eventually, and may catch him anyway depending on how fast he moves. Crammyboy addresses this by increasing the delay cycle in the updates, which doesn't really resolve the fundamental issue, since the pulse edge can hit at any time anyway, and increasing the pulse time simply makes it take longer to REALLY clear people out who really need clearing.

This version attacks the problem by trying to identify when a vehicle is completely non-threatening. Thus, no matter how long sims are loitering by the vehicle, they will never be told to watch out if the vehicle's driver position is unmanned and nobody is attempting to man it, because an unmanned vehicle is not going to go anywhere, period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 16, 00:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless it's Herbie. Cheesy

Downloading - I like queueing up actions for Sims to do when they get home from work... I hate having to cancel them out and start over again.

<insert witty comment here>
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 16, 00:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!  We're not worthy!

Thanks yet again...

I'm sure I'll be saying this several more times before the night is through.

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 16, 15:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay! It's not like sims can get run over anyway, so what are they watching out for?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 16, 15:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay! It's not like sims can get run over anyway, so what are they watching out for?
Mostly, they're watching out for not blocking a departing vehicle. But an unmanned vehicle ain't going anywhere, so that's not a reasonable worry in either case.

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 06, 23:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this hack really compatible with OFB? I ran into some problems with this hack. I had a problem where the car wasn't able to enter the garage upon return causing a reset. This makes it impossible to earn money when returning from work or paying for a car alarm.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 07, 02:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems to be an unrelated problem. Is there a reason the car was unable to enter?

Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 07, 06:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was nothing hindering the car from entering the garage. I believe the anti watch out hack is the culprit because the problem ceased upon removal.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 17, 15:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with more "get in the damn car" action to discourage sims from standing there staring stupidly when told to get in the car.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 17, 16:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, okay I will try the update then because I had the old version and I don't know if some patch or Glamour Life or what messed with it, but I'm getting the damned watch out again.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 17, 22:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with more "get in the damn car" action to discourage sims from standing there staring stupidly when told to get in the car.
Maxis really screwed this up, yet again.  Angry
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 25, 16:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, with the latest, most shiny version of antiwatchout.package installed with Pets, My Sim refuses to get in the car, and the balloon above his head implies that he thinks the driveway is in the way(?).

Took out antiwatchout, and the problem went away.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 25, 19:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, with the latest, most shiny version of antiwatchout.package installed with Pets, My Sim refuses to get in the car, and the balloon above his head implies that he thinks the driveway is in the way(?).
Have observed that sometimes if you start too close to the car, your sim gets confused. I believe the code is programmed to shuffle around until you can get in, which may result in a few balloons popping up. This is still better than being queuestomped and ending up by the mailbox.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 25, 23:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what's happening when my sim is on a date and goes to sit in the car for some kinky woohoo and her boyfriend stands next to the car like an idiot? I can't ask him to join because it thinks he's already joining, but I can't woohoo with him either, and I cna't get her brother to sit in the car because the game thinks he's claimed the spot.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 26, 03:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you having problems getting sims to join in cars? Because that was an existing problem in OFBp2, where they broke it. Then Pets totally changed the code again for Pets, and it is unknown whether it is using the broken version or the working p1 version for sim-get-in-cars.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: