More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:50:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Squiggly Lines of Doom!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Squiggly Lines of Doom!!  (Read 56057 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Squiggly Lines of Doom!!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 13, 17:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those bubble with lines appears in my game when a Sim would "talk about" (or something like that) another Sim that it is furious with.  Ex:  Sim A is furious with Sim B, Sim A talk about Sim B to Sim C result, bubble with lines in it. 

No Sims in that hood is dead and I do have JM fix but those lines still appears when I use that action.  Depending on the reason why they appear, I think in this perticular case they are harmless, but then again they might not be, I have no idea but did not notice anything wrong following that action happening in my game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 13, 17:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And JM, you take out twin insurance to cover the extra costs involved in having twins, so I imagine you are actually making a bet with the insurers that you will have them, while they are betting that you won't, then, if you win your bet, you get paid out - and that's all any kind of insurance is, really, isn't it - a bet!
Wouldn't it be better to keep the money and use it towards insuring that you will not be having twins? Anytime you deal with insurers, you generally lose: Remember, these people are running a business for profit. This means that the expected yield involved here is always negative in their favor. The house always wins.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 13, 18:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add to the confusion: A friend told me that all left-handed people were actually conceived with a twin only it didn't develop in the womb... That evening when he told me that he was the only one out of 4 people that was right-handed.

So: My maternal grandpa was born as a twin, my paternal grandpa was left-handed. Both parents were right-handed, no siblings are left-handed. Considering the tendency of twins skipping a generation, I will refrain from having kids other than my stepson, thank you very much.  Grin

INTJ
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 13, 18:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twins sorta run in my family too; my dad was a twin, although his twin died when he was a baby.  And I am left-handed, so it wouldn't surprise me if I was a twin originally.

As for the insurance, I can definitely vouch for the fact that insurance companies are out to make money.  I work for a car dealership and recently we had a customer come in who purchased his car in a different province.  When he purchased it, it cost him $2000 and when he came in for a problem with his 4WD, it was discovered that the part was not covered under this warranty.  Although, if he purchased a similar warranty from a different company, for less money, it would have been covered.  The kicker?  The two extended warranty companies were underwritten by the same insurance company.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 13, 18:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm right handed, not a twin, and can't afford any insurance because all my monthly wages go to my MATY subscription fee.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 13, 19:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my MATY subscription fee as a Christmas present...it's now paid up for the year.  Grin
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 13, 19:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I saw the squiggly line memory was when  the maid "asked" the child something.  The response was squiggly lines.  His icon had the maid's face on it and said"be asked".  Probably had to do with homework( I have the All-in-One NPC) but they never went to do the homework.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 13, 19:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my MATY subscription fee as a Christmas present...it's now paid up for the year.  Grin
Wow, Blue, that's some Christmas present!  That's worth $480!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 13, 19:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I ask something(s) here while we're on the subject of the contents of the neighbourhood memory?

I have been deleting memories that don't belong to anyone - I figured that if no-one is owning up to them, they can't be that important.  And then I have also been deleting memories without a subject for a similar reason - can't be that memorable.  And then there are those memories that belong to the sim I am looking at but are an invisible copy of a memory they already have - I'm assuming they have had that passed back to them by some other sim.

But what about all those tokens for 'foods cooked well' and 'foods eaten'.  Can I get rid of those?  And also various other oddities.  I get the pregnancy modifier token now and the attraction markers and the furious and furious reverse stuff, but what about the Tokens for Misc Skills and why do they all seem to have the Gastronomique Podium Marker in the memories - sometimes more than once?  And what's the personal wealth one for?  Sorry - I probably shouldn't ask in someone else's thread but my fingers are itching to delete some of this.  Please tell me I can.

Inteen for AL, yay!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 13, 20:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM or someone can probably give a more definitive answer, but I believe he said that deleting tokens and things other than the regular memories and invisible memories can screw up your sim.  I know the personal wealth token keeps up with how much money your sim has earned, which is important for Fortune sims to satisfy their wants to earn $X, especially the LTW of Earn $100,000.  Foods cooked well I believe has something to do with whether the sim "knows" how to cook a particular food and their chances of burning it or making it successfully in the future, so I wouldn't mess with that.  The attraction markers are new in NL, of course, and I'm not sure if it's ok to delete these.  I don't see that it would hurt, but I was waiting to hear from JM on those specifically.  They certainly get passed from sim to sim, because I see Sims having those hearty thought bubbles about sims they haven't even met, let alone be attracted to.  I think the Gastronomique Podium Marker must have something to do with whether your sim has dined downtown, whether they paid their bill, whether they should get a coupon, or something like that.  I'm not certain, but I wouldn't mess with those either.  Perhaps Misc Skills has to do with dancing skill or their progress toward the next skill point on various skills?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 13, 22:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling most of those shouldn't be messed with.

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 13, 23:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't touch any tokens myself, heh, after accidentally deleting half an attraction marker which made my Sim jump and be unable to use the toilet/shower. Fixed by removing the other half, but I generally leave that stuff.

I've gone through the memories many times but I just saw this squiggly bubble, but when my Sim was looking out the window... I wonder what it was about then, since they usually just "see" random objects outside...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 13, 23:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's funny when they "see" the maid's van coming, someone out in the yard, or a bush or yard light.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 13, 23:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't touch any tokens myself, heh, after accidentally deleting half an attraction marker which made my Sim jump and be unable to use the toilet/shower. Fixed by removing the other half, but I generally leave that stuff.

I've gone through the memories many times but I just saw this squiggly bubble, but when my Sim was looking out the window... I wonder what it was about then, since they usually just "see" random objects outside...

Swiftgold, I wish, oh how I wish, you'd been around when I had my problems with poor Liz!  That's what caused her to jump!  Now, if I can find a back-up from BEFORE i swapped her with and unsatisfactory clone of herself, maybe I can get her working again!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 13, 23:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Swiftgold, I wish, oh how I wish, you'd been around when I had my problems with poor Liz!  That's what caused her to jump!  Now, if I can find a back-up from BEFORE i swapped her with and unsatisfactory clone of herself, maybe I can get her working again!!!!!

Hope you can find one... I've had to do some clone swapping myself, once when my Sim changed her (Maxis) skin from S1 to S3 randomly and I couldn't fix it. Tried to play on but it just wasn't her, so I made up the clone, heh. Now I have a way to actually fix that kinda thing, but I don't have any old backups anymore. Guess that's life!  :\
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 13, 23:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always the way!  But somehow the clone just wasn't her!  Didn't even have the same LTW!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 14, 15:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had squiggly lines in the chat bubble of Loki's daughter when he died. That was some time ago. Haven't seen another since, *knocks wood*, though i may have seen another out of the corner of my eye...is it true as long as they don't gossip it won't spread? i'm holding on to that hope...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 14, 16:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Blue, that's some Christmas present!  That's worth $480!
Ssh.  don't tell anyone but I found a back door in where you don't have to pay the subscription fee.  Ssh.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 14, 16:33:47 by speedreader » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 14, 16:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dun da dun dun....

so busted...points and laughs at speedreader
« Last Edit: 2006 January 14, 17:13:03 by nectere » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 14, 18:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww man, apparently someone didn't tell speedreader not to brag about stuff like that.  Sad
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 14, 21:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Speedreader.

Uh-oh, he knows, speedreader, run for your life lips!

Heheh, just goes to show you, what goes around, comes around, also true to TheSims2.  Don't gossip about fubared memories and the neighborhood won't fubar into a BFBVFS!
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 15, 11:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the early days I did things that I never knew we shouldn't, such as installing occupied houses.  I installed only one such house (a couple of other attempts were so disturbingly unsuccessful I stopped doing this all by myself), and fortunately it dragged in only 5 non-linked characters.  I've never seen the corrupt memory squiggles, but that of course doesn't mean they won't show up in the future.

After much reading here, I got seriously worried about the BFBVFS potential, so I've spent a great deal of time looking things over in SimPE.  First I moved the house occupant into a different home.  Then I deleted all his memories of the unlinked sims, removed his family connections to them, checked every damned sim in the neighbourhood for memories of these unlinked sims, and deleted them when I found them (not too many).  Finally I deleted the unlinked sims.  Today I'll enter the lot again and see if things get -- well, "exciting".  Also, I made sure that any sims I ditched directly from the sim bin were safe to delete, then I roasted them too.

Apart from that, the only unlinked characters I see now in Pleasantview are -- wait for it -- ones that were supplied with the game.  For example, there were two Diane Pleasants, two Jeff Pleasants (hmmmmm . . . . ), and the Burb family is so fucked it's beyond belief.  Any attempt to load any Burbs in Family Ties results in an object reference error, neither of the Dianes nor Jeffs have any relations, and John's memories are of only one pair.  I noted the ID number and deleted the surplus Diane and Jeff.  That's another household I have to load today, too; more potential "excitement".

I've also found a number of screwed-up memories (lots of things wildly out of order, or duplicates, or completely unconnected to the sim) for sims that existed prior to Uni being installed.  If this has been discussed then I've missed finding it here, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.  Sims I created post-Uni installation have been fine.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 15, 14:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also two Darleen Dreamers, two Michael Bachelors, two Skip Brokes - need I say more?

the only way to get the correct one is to resurrect them, and then edit their memories and relationships in SimPE.

Zephyr Zodiac
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 15, 16:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for everyone's advice about the tokens and other stuff in sim memories.  I just thought I'd pop back and mention one real oddity with this though.  I've just started a new sim in my neighbourhood called Bob Newbury (yes, that one).  I made him a janitor of a block of flats.  I've literally played him for three sim days and that's not long to get a lot of memories.  He has one token in there with this description:

Token - Misc Skill (owned by Therapist)

I really can't think what that is about.  He hasn't bottomed out with his aspiration (yet) BTW.  In fact, he's been quite happy and pretty social too (he's just met Betty).

Inteen for AL, yay!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 16, 00:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as long as it's owned by someone, I wouldn't touch it!  And it could be gossip that's been passed to him by a car pool driver or any other sim he's spoken to.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: