More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 23:47:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strange furious situation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange furious situation  (Read 4210 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Strange furious situation
« on: 2006 January 10, 07:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a new one for me.

It goes a little something like this

Alex Goth married Naima Broke, daughter of the late Angela & Dustin.  Angela & Dustin also had a son, Seth, who married Maemi, daughter of Dirk & Dagmar Dreamer.  So Alex & Naima and Seth & Maemi are brother-sister inlaws.

Before Maemi married Seth, Alex had a bit of an affair with her, producing a child, Miles.  Yeah it was sourta one of those families I lost track of, not only is Alex Mile's father, but uncle by marriage.  Opps.

That's the background info.

Anyways...Alex ended up with two alien children, and one child with Naima.  He was still in love with Maemi.  I invited the whole family over for the birthday party of the youngest, where Seth proceeded to flirt with his wife as a normal husband would.  This of course set Alex off since he was still in love with her (yeah I was looking for some drama, it was all rather uneventful).  A slap fest ensues, and Alex wanders off to go shower.  I'm looking at the children and notice they are furious.  The toddler (Alex & Naima's child) and Alex's alien son are both pissed at Seth and Maemi.  Maemi is perhaps understandable, they did witness her slap their father, however why Seth?  Seth never even had a clue that Maemi & Alex had a fling in the past the led to Miles.  Why do the children even "care"?

All I can figure is that they are furious that Aunt Maemi broke their father's heart by showing public displays of affection WITH HER HUSBAND...they don't even seem to care that perhaps daddy cheated on mommy at one time.  All rather screwed up if you ask me *heh*

And then to top it off, the alien son has become randomly furious at himself or so it appears (flaming thought bubbles with himself pictured) which usually occurs after he showers and makes a huge mess.  Strange happenings...
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Strange furious situation
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 10, 07:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scandel, all I can say is, that you "asked for it", so you have to "eat the crap"...Smiley

In the manual is written clearly, that you have to be careful who do you invite to the party. If the two families are connected in some way - the simulator shows you that you have made a mistake, by inviting the previous lover of Alex. What YOU know - ALL the sims know too, I experienced it a lot of times.

If you didn't look for the drama (which I bet you did, lol) - you can't invite "crushes" and "loves" to the party...Smiley.
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 10, 12:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the same thing. Recently changed my game language to german, and lots of the townies names have changed, which i didnt know at this point. Two of my sims were getting married, and i needed some extra guests, so i invited a girl in off the street, didnt recognise the name, so didnt think to check relationships. I get everyone out to the wedding deck, except the bride, who is bringing the toddler.

Suddenly, she puts the toddler down and runs to the deck. I scrolled there just in time to see her slap her groom to be, for flirting with the girl i'd invited in, as they were in love with each other. Used the insim to make them best friends and crushes again, but i have a nice wedding pic of the bride stood under the arch with a furious thought bubble of her new husband.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 10, 14:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a very similar situation in my original Pleasantview, which I mentioned somewhere else but can't remember where.  Basically, it involved Martha Manning, a Romance Sim, and her boyfriend, Spankideli Broke (son of Dustin & Angela).  They became an item at Uni, but before going to Uni Martha had a one-night stand with another Romance Sim, Henry Broke, Dustin's cousin (son of Brandi's third, Robert).  After graduating, Spankideli & Martha went to a downtown lot on a date and during the course of it, kissed or something.  Without warning, Spankideli's uncle, Vincent Broke (Brandi's son to the headmaster Vince Walter, so also uncle to Henry), ran up to them and tried to slap Martha (who was still in love with Henry and had woo-hooed with him again once more, either when she was still at Uni or just after returning).  That I could understand, but when he couldn't get to Martha he turned-on Spankideli instead and within minutes they were fighting.  This made no sense to me, because Spankideli had absolutely no idea what his girlfriend had been up to.  Even more bizarre is the fact that Vincent hadn't met any of them before, not even Henry.  Spankideli and Vincent became enemies as a result and whenever they met afterwards would always fight.  This upset Spankideli a great deal as he has a lot of nice points and normally is very easy-going and kind-hearted.  Even Vincent has 6 nice points, but where this situation is concerned he was always very nasty.

Then, of course, there is the ludicrous situation where a sim can actually reject the advances of another sim and still their partner is furious with them.  This happened with Sophie Miguel when her drama professor flirted with her boyfriend, Brandon Lillard.  Even though Brandon pushed her away when she tried to give him a romantic hug (before she'd even met him!), Sophie still went from 100/100 to -50/-50 and fully furious.  What else could he have done to show his lack of interest other than reject the professor's advances? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 10, 15:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, forgetting all those sim's lost loves.

I was having a wedding, and invited pretty much half the town.  Suddenly a fight breaks out, and I am at a loss to explain why these people are going at it.  Seems that back in college, Sim A had been in love with sim B.  She then (after college) married sim C.  So, when Sim A and Sim C show up at the wedding together, Sim B started a fight! 

(sigh) Ahhh, seems like a normal family get-together, for me.  Wink  (j/k)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 10, 16:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen in my MATY hood recently as well.

In University, I had Hook and Brynne attend together.  They became friends, and since Hook is a Romance Sim, I had him flirt with Brynne, who fell in love and wanted to woohoo.  Hook's LTW is to woohoo 20 different Sims, so I thought it was a good opportunity.  After Uni, I got Brynne together with her husband, which was my plan all along, and one day sent Hook downtown on a date.  Well, Brynne was there with her husband, and I completely forgot that they ever had a history together.  Undecided

Brynne got furious at Hook, and slapped him silly.  I repaired their relationship in SimPE, and just rode out the furious stage.  I know next time I decide to have two Sims hook up for some woohoo fun, I'll remember to set their relationship back to friends-only before having them interact with other Sims around each other.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 10, 19:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah so much for the newest Goth children ever liking the Broke side of their family.  Ah well, might make for some interesting storylines down the road. I need to go back to Maemi and Seth's house and see if Miles is now furious at his father.

I shouldn't have invited Seth, I totally forgot that he would probably make a move on his wife in front of Alex.  I was actually hoping Alex or Maemi would make a move on each other in front of Naima.  Yup I was looking for drama, got it, but not with the couple I wanted.  Alex is a complete tool in my neighborhood and I wanted to cause him some trouble.  He's constantly fighting with everyone  and despite having 3 bolts with Naima, barely acknowledges her unless I direct him too (Quite odd, most of the time my 3 bolt couples can't leave each other alone.)

Ancient Sim...that is wierd.  Alex went directly for Maemi although he of course was furious with Seth as well, which makes sense, but the whole kids getting involved thing throws me off.

Your other story of the sim rejecting advances... and then getting mad...I had that happen the other day as well. That's another strange one...

Cassandra Goth had long put Don Lothario behind her after he left her on their wedding day, but they did repair their relationship and end up being friends on Cassandra's part...Don of course is still in love with her and about 30 other sims. Cassandra ended up marrying an exterminator, Robi Charvat, and things were happy happy until Cassandra began dragging Don home from work with her.  Don is now of course an old man about to meet his deathbed but can't move on the fact that Cassandra got over him years ago.  Robi had never met Don prior to this.  Don attempts to grab Cassandra and make out with her and she shoves  him away.  Robi sees this and goes running up to Don, and both Don & Robi get cheating icons over their heads and Robi gets the memory of "catching so and so cheating my heart is breaking blah blah" only the picture is of Don and not Cassandra...what?! Shocked  He is of course pissed at both of them even though Cassandra rejected the makeout.  Although it is obviously fair that Robi did not receive a memory of Cassandra cheating with Don now it looks like Robi had a little fling going on with Don when he had never even met him prior to the incident.

Strange crap..the people at Maxis need to work out the cheating thing *heh*
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 10, 20:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to add this...

So I just went back to Seth and Maemi's house and took a look at Mile's relationship panel.

He is also furious with Seth and Maemi as well!  Wow..just wow lol

Talk about loyalty to one's father here hehhe
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 10, 20:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has a new NL romancemod up in testing. I was suffering from one of these irrational jealousy fits w/ Dina and Don's family, and the romancemod fixed it right up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: