More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 02:35:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Never Met = Best Friends. bug?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Never Met = Best Friends. bug?  (Read 5429 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Never Met = Best Friends. bug?
« on: 2006 January 09, 05:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wondering if anyone has encountered this or something like it in their game. I did a hack test (yanked them all out and tried again) and it seems to actually be a base game "feature" and not a result of any conflicts from mods/hacks but I could be wrong and would like to see what others have found.

I was giving dizzy2's callanyone hack a try. With it installed I had JC call a previously unknown to him Professor and chat a bit. Since JC is working on his 20 simultaneous lovers LTW, he chatted her up a while and then I had him invite her over. Here's where we noticed something was off.

He greeted her at the door and she immediately tries to give him a romantic hug (not friendly). Their relationship score on his side was at 27/5 so I thought that was a bit odd. When he rejected her, the little lost best friend icon floated up over her head.

eh?

So A few more interactions (with some +'s) and she's spamming the lost best friend floaties. So I quit, load up SimPE and check the relationship out. On her side it's 100/100 (and the darkened green) and she's flagged for friends/best friends/crush/lover  Huh So I adjust her side of things to match his side of things, unflag everything, pull the callanyone hack out and load back into game.

First interaction they get +'s and everything looks normal. So he cooks up some dinner and they sit down for some chow and conversation. She starts spamming the lost best friend floaty again after every relationship boost.
So I quit without saving, pull my entire hacks folder out, and load up SimPE again. The relationship on her side is 100/100 and she's flagged for lover/crush/best friend/friend. I readjust, load back into the game, and try again.

And again 1 interaction goes normal and then she starts spamming the lost best friend floaties.  Angry

So I move her butt into the house to clear her frigging memories and send her the bin.
----

I've searched around but only found a mention here of something that seemed similar involving Santa in the Who's getting the x-mas pack thread but I don't think it was quite the same thing.

So has anyone else seen anything like this previously in their game, or read about it anywhere? Since it occurred with all my hacks yanked I'm fairly certain it's not a conflict somewhere but confirmation would be good. I'm not positive it wasn't something caused by the call anyone hack that just didn't "fix" after pulling it out.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: Never Met = Best Friends. bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 09, 05:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance she was a drama professor?
Nah..there's wasn't just a chance, it was a drama professor Wink
Drama professors fall in love with anything and everything they see.  They are apparently rigged in someway to fall in love with anyone they have ever had contact with.  Very good for homewrecking indeed if you have never realized this before.

And there is some type of glitch that causes that whole best friends thing to happen.  I once had one receive like 30 "lost so & so as best friend" memories.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 09, 05:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why yes she was a drama professor!

Ha! *hugs hacks folder* I knew it couldn't have been my precious shinies.

Wow but how annoyingly fubarred is that??? I mean I can see the idea behind it but with all the problems that have already come from too many memories Maxis goes with "hey lets add more spam!!" Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 09, 12:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could just use TJs No Meeting Professors, and just avoid playing them under any circumstances!  There are plenty of other NPCs to choose from!  One of my romance sims had a blind date with Mitch Wolosenko (at her house) and she was head over heels for him in no time flat!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 09, 13:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drama professors always immediately lose their "best friends" because their "friends" actually don't like them at all, so the moment they interact, the best friends loss check is run, and immediately results in the loss of their "best friend".

If it happened to be a fear as well, your drama professor will go crazy on the spot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 09, 13:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make it my policy to have my romance sims woohoo a proffessor each semester.  I guess I should go for the drama ones.  Cheesy

I wish it game more of a grade boost though.  I think fucking a proffessor should get you an automatic A.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 09, 13:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't need to be any easier!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 09, 13:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not easier, but possibly more fun.
All romance sims are cheating bastards anyway.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 15:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have to be!  And maybe they're just more honest about their lecherous desires than some of the others!  I mean, what does a nice little Family Sim think "Play with" is going to lead to?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 09, 15:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the mistake of getting Sophie Miguel to invite her old drama professor (female) on an outing with several other sims.  Sophie actually was best friends with the professor (who was always phoning her), but as soon as Sophie interacted romantically with her live-in partner (Brandon Lillard), the professor went nuts.  The professor then went nuts when Brandon interacted with Sophie (because, of course, she was in love with Brandon by then as well) ... all in all, the professor fell in love with about six people and had around 45-50 lost best friend memories, plus several "Caught X Cheating" ones.  When I left the lot, the professor was hugging Marsha Bruenig (an adult by then) romantically, even though she'd never met her before.  I noticed that Marsha responded positively just as the screen changed to the Downtown loading one, but that's probably because Marsha prefers women anyway.  

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 09, 15:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose you could be really unkind to the drama prof by using SimPE to make her totally unturned on by either sex! Grin  Then maybe she'd flirt with the phone-booth or something.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 09, 16:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Inge's teleporter to bring a drama professor and several of my sims to a dorn for a party.  I wanted to see how they really interacted after reading people's posts about how love-sick they are.  It was hillarious.  Buy the time he had left, he much have hit aspiration failure 4 times!  LMAO
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 09, 16:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've successfully managed to get 8 Sims through Uni now, in two groups of 4.  In neither group did I have them make friends or even socialize with anyone other than each other. 

Now that I read Kristalrose's post, though, it makes me want to get a drama professor over to check this out, it sounds hilarious.  Grin
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 09, 17:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there should be a chance that woohooing a professor gets you caught and both thrown out of college. That would add some spicy realism and danger to the scenario, all right.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 09, 17:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the idea behind the drama professor falling in love instantly that bothers me at all, mind you. What I find annoying about the whole thing is that said professor's memory panel gets filled up with "lost best friend" memories. Spammed. Literally. After every interaction. So looking at that professor's memories with JC you get "Met JC Abbott" "Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend""Lost JC Abbott as a best friend"

etc.

Other than that I think it's a rather cute little inclusion. Great for.. drama. heh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: