More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 19:42:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This can't be good
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This can't be good  (Read 20454 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
This can't be good
« on: 2006 January 08, 18:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Pleasantview, my simson Matthew is a Private school teen.  He has several skills at level 8.  He is in the business job as a teen.  He got to executive assistant which is a Mon - Fri job.  He then got a message on Sunday afternoon that he had been promoted to some kind of manager which is a mon - fri job from 8 am to 3 pm at $798 a day.  In other words, an adult job.

Any advice?  What is this all about?  The carpool comes, he goes to work and his grades never falter from A+

eta:  I just looked at his file in SimPE.  He was listed as straight up business career, so I switched it to teenelder business.  But how did he get on the adult track in the first place?  he got the job by looking for a job on the computer.  It is the laptop that Motoki made.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: This can't be good
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 08, 18:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the inteenimater? If so, this is a feature. When a teen sim has 7 days left before aging they become a "young adult" and they don't have to go to school and they get promoted to the adult level of their teen career.

Be your own fish.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 08, 18:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL yes, I do.   I need to get a sim Jase so he can come in my game and KICK MY BUTT for not RTFM thoroughly.  Thanks.  Going away with my tail between my legs now.   Embarrassed

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 08, 19:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prob with this feature is that they lose their scholorship if you don't move them to Uni before then.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 08, 20:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "No Adult Teens" flavor pack for InTeen prevents this "perk".

jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 09, 09:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you can also circumvent this feature by using the Gather a Household for College feature from the University Neighborhood view.  This presents sort of a "third" option for those who like giving preferential treatment to over-18 teenagers, but occassionally want to send the 16 yr old to uni.

I'll have to look at the scholarship thingy sometime.  This isn't the first I've heard of this and to some extent it makes some measure of sense, so its probably a legit issue/bug/unintended feature lol.

PS. My self-sim is already in the game.  He wears black robes and is frequently seen in the company of dancing girls in bikinis.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 09, 16:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS. My self-sim is already in the game.  He wears black robes and is frequently seen in the company of dancing girls in bikinis.

Well, hello Grimmy.  It's nice to meet you.  And, I guess, not be dying at the moment.  LMAO
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 09, 16:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading so many threads about bugs in The InTeenimator (or whatever it's called), it's a wonder why anyone uses it at all.

What is its primary function?

Instant gratification takes too long.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 17:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading so many threads about bugs in The InTeenimator (or whatever it's called), it's a wonder why anyone uses it at all.

Oh dear. Shocked I'm going to jump into my foxhole now and assume the "duck and cover" position.

Wink I don't use myself it but I'm guessing the Inteenimater is another version of the Insiminator. I did find this website http://www.insimenator.net/forums.php if you'd like to check it out. I also just found this link to the Inteenimater http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 18:06:49 by cabelle » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 09, 18:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its primary function is to get teen sims pregnant. It's the secondary functions that cause all the problems though.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 09, 20:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it once again I find myself jumping to the defence of a poor misunderstood mod?

if used correctly the inteenimator, I have found, to be stable and useful, not to mention interesting.  And trust me I have a lot of other hacks/mods that could cause possible conflicts.

Most of the reported issues with the Inteen are user errors, or people not actually reading and understanding what the Inteenimator's fuctions are, even this one.  We can all make mistakes or not read something thoroughly, just as we should be able to say sometimes the error is ours, and not a mod/hack.  Many people use and have used the inteenimator without any problem in their game, and I'm one of them.

I know it is considered "less awesome" mostly because JM doesn't like "cheat" mods, and that's fine too, each to their own, but please people, I beseach you, stop bashing what is in all actuality a well made and up until recently, excellently supported mod, especially if you don't understand it's functionality.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 09, 20:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it once again I find myself jumping to the defence of a poor misunderstood mod?

if used correctly the inteenimator, I have found, to be stable and useful, not to mention interesting.  And trust me I have a lot of other hacks/mods that could cause possible conflicts.

OK then, how do you benefit from getting teens pregnant? They aren't teens for very long, so why not wait until they are adults?

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 09, 20:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I play aging off my teens are actually teens for a very carefully controlled amount of time, four actual months if it matters Tongue.

But to answer your point more fully.  What is the point of having any mod or hack at all?  To enhance gameplay and help tailor it to each persons individual playing style.

Lets look at, for example, nowhatsthis, I have this one too, couldn't live without it, the constant need of every sim in a 500 mile radius to crowd into the bathroom to examine the new mirror drives me insane, and I'm sure others here could say the same.  But, I could just wait it out until they've minutely examined every new thing bought for them.  So what's the point? Where's the benefit?

Beside, I actually like a lot of the secondary functions of the inteen, and it was for those that I switched from the T/woo mod I was using previously.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 09, 22:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK then, how do you benefit from getting teens pregnant? They aren't teens for very long, so why not wait until they are adults?

I agree. I have never had any problems with Inteenimator functioning other than it should. I didn't like the promotion to adult job = no scholarship _feature_ so I disabled it - my choice not Jase's problem.

There are some teens that I think are begging to become teenage mothers - Angela Pleasant for one (I just wish that there was a mod that introduced some adult wants into your teen - Angela has always struck me as a stuck up little Prima Donna who will do any damn thing she wants and damn the consequences - I usually knock her up and send her off to live with Dustin and his mother in disgrace). Another benefit from Inteenimator is the inbuilt risky woohoo and same gender pregnancies which also function for college students - who _do_ have woohoo wants. I believe in consequences for my Sims actions (me, I'd like to get through life scott free please - BEG)

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
questar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 09, 22:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wowww
And here I was thinking that she was such a sweet kid.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 09, 22:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Inteenimator for a little while now and haven't had any problems.  I was very leary but then my daughter told me she was using it fine so decided to try it.

I didn't add it for the teen pregnancy thing, although I think that's a great feature to have if I decide to use it.  I put it in my game so that my college-age sims have the option for marriage with anyone, and/or date neighborhood teens.  At some point I'll no doubt even have a teen couple marry.

Overall, breaking the romantic barrier between teens and adults causes some absolute hilarity in the game--as in taking sims to community lots and seeing these little teen boys going ga-ga over some older woman they think is 'hot' or the teen girls positively gagging over an old guy.  Oh yeah--occasionally the teens do swoon over an elder, too, which always makes me think of my own teenage daughters going nuts over some of the 'old' actors they think are so great.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 09, 22:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had no problems with it either - it makes it work quite naturally, and when the teens do get pregnant they're temporarily adults, so they get the adult wants - and I've been able for some to lock the 'have a baby' or various woohoo wants so they can fulfill those. The only thing I wish for now would be to actually see the bolts the teens have for adults and vice-versa - they will show it via the thought bubbles but not in the menu so it's hard to tell sometimes. I once realized a teen was pregnant when I noticed she had bolts for adults on her panel!

Also, I wonder what the percentage for the Risky Woohoo is using Inteen? I -did- read the manual, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I usually use WooHoo instead of Try as a surprise/birth control method (having Quiet Pregnancy installed also), but they seem to be falling prey to the Risky more often now than when I used the old standalone Risky hacks. Don't usually mind these unexpected pregnancies except when NPCs are involved, though. (They're romance Sim fodder only in my game.) *snerk*
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 09, 23:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Inteen and Jase has been great about supporting it (until he pulled it from Insim's boards). The mod isn't for everyone but reading thru the support threads, I can't tell you how many problems were because people wanted to "get teens pregnant" and didn't bother to read the support documents to see just exactly what the mod did. Jase was quite thorough with his documentation, listing conflicting/compatiable hacks and working with other modders to eliminate conflicts. I was sad to see him pull Inteen but then thrilled when I saw that he put it up at his own site.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 09, 23:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a game that's meant to be played in one's own way (one with no beginning or end, no winning or scoring), it's always amazing to me how many people seem to want to tell other people how they *should* play. Everything from comments about using a cheat code being cheating (or testing cheats and destroying a game) to what hacks are ok to even create to even what use a mesh or recolor is or what Maxis *shouldn't* include (vampires :p). Heck, I never thought when I saw them I'd want the bizarro (or whatever it is) stuff from that pack at MTS2 but I sure wouldn't tell other people what they need and I suddenly found the *perfect* use for them. And I've never made a zombie, or brought anyone back from the dead (yet, that is) but think it's all kinds of fun for other folks to do so and write about it. And I certainly might later. I'm glad the options are there.

I don't currently use Inteen, but if (more likely when) I have a storyline that requires a pregnant teenager, I sure as heck will be looking it up and it would t* me off if there wasn't a way to do it. Actually it t's me off that I don't know a way to make a toddler die (convincingly, in-game-ish). I can make him a child, which really works out ok for what I'm doing right now, but if I *want* a baby or toddler to die, I should be able to accomplish that. This is a play-your-own-way "life" simulation game. Thank Goddess there are people willing to help us actually do that. We certainly couldn't if we were stuck with Maxis alone. Go modders! And a special ! just for Jase as he seems to be getting undeservedly fussed at.

It's buggy, and how and appropriate feedback, is constructive criticism. "Why would anyone want that" kinds of comments aren't. :p

Unsouper
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 09, 23:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely LOVE the InTeen. I don't recall having any trouble with the current release.
My sims are also teens for as long as I feel like having them that way. I speed some up and slow some down. I like that they have some school free days before moving to the next stage. Some of my teen gals/guys are eventually seduced by unscrupulous persons or their boyfriends/girlfriends. Then again some of them are just harlots and some are sweet innocent angels. I have had a few teen moms as well and some raise babies and some send them off to the adoption pool.

I also have Casual Woohoo. I could wait for them to fall in love but why? Especially when it doesn't suit my story. I actually wish it were easier to get one sim to like another better than they like them back. It would be really nice to have someone in love with someone who doesn't come close to liking them as much without cheating. (Hope that made sense.)
The plus of all this is that it's fun and moves the story forward. Otherwise everyones story would be the same.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 09, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness people. No need to get all uppity and flame. If you're getting your teens pregnant, that's your own business.

I asked: What are the benefits of getting your teens pregnant? Answer it.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 09, 23:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness people. No need to get all uppity and flame. If you're getting your teens pregnant, that's your own business.

Just off the top of my head, it'd allow a Family Sim mother to complete her ten children want without use of the elixir *shrug* But I agree with the above, whatever allows the player to accomplish the story they have in mind is a benefit to me.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 09, 23:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the benefits of getting your teens pregnant? Answer it.

For my game, and possibly my game only:

-Making a pair of foolish teen lovers who think it's oh-so-romantic to have a little baybee and find out that actually, with school and trying to hold down jobs and look after the child, it's not so easy or romantic after all...that amuses me greatly.
-Personally, I dislike Elixir of Life. But I enjoy trying to fulfil the ten kids want for a Family Sim. Thus, any Family Sims who I'm planning to give ten kids to can start young, try to make their way through uni with children in tow (this is the hellish bit), and generally fulfil the want before they're elders if they just keep poppin' them out.
-Not pregnant teens for this point, but the inTeen allows teenage love to persist into YA and Adult years. I've never noticed love just stopping, bang, when someone grows up, so I like the realism of this.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 10, 00:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to play my game with realism. I trashed one of my neighborhoods after vampires started running wild. You can't tell me that teens don't have sex and sometimes get pregnant. Also, I don't like that a YA that just moves to college suddenly can't date their teenage flame that is only a day or two younger than them.

I also like the miscarraige feature of Inteen - again for the realism. I don't like to intentionally torture my sims, but I like it when everything in their world isn't perfect. Also for storyline purposes, miscarriage and/or abortions also reflect reality.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 10, 00:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's also consider the bigger picture. The benefit for any mod is that it allows for a bigger variety in gameplay if the gamer is interested. Personally I don't wish to use this mod right now. But I am thankful to the kind creator that it exists for those who'd like to use it. A person should be able to play their game the way they want. But they should also educate themselves fully about the mod and be aware of any possible issues or conflicts.

So I'd consider the biggest benefit to having a pregnant teen sim is that it's what the particular gamer wants. For the storyline, to reach the "have 10 children" want, etc. Thanks to these mods we gamers have the potential to make this game as open-ended as possible. And along with that we should all keep in mind that we all have different ideas of what we like our game to be. No one's right or wrong, we're all just different. Just a thought.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: