More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:30:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05  (Read 88194 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
« Reply #200 on: 2006 February 03, 14:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A random aside; I like how the page 2 of the official site's flash intro are 'International Sims' made by people on the exchange, but when I went to download the Thai sim I found it had been purged. Uuuuh, EA...

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2006 February 03, 15:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this article:

Quote from: IGN.com
The first order of business is actually setting up a business. This is a pretty easy process for the most part. Any lot can actually be turned into a business, including a home. Should players choose to mark their home as a business, customers will come over and spend money without your sims having to leave. The rub is of course that you have to dedicate a certain part of your residence as a business area. The more traditional business set up allows players to purchase community lots and fix them up into sim businesses.

While Open for Business opens up the idea of "shopping districts" like those "downtown" and "university" areas from the previous expansions, new businesses can easily be opened in your own hometown. Simply plop down a new community site, build it up to look like a proper business, stock it with goods, and then have your purchasing sim get on the phone and dial in the purchase. A list of available community lots will pop up for players to grab and buy. Then you can either try and run the business all on your lonesome or hire other AI controlled sims as employees. They'll charge a wage but can be put to any number of tasks. They're also conveniently marked by a sphere over their heads to differentiate them from your customers and show their mood.

So... it seems like we don't have to worry too much about adding a new area. Maybe it's optional, just like DT. You wouldn't necessarily have to add a new area. You can just use regular ole Comm Lots in your exisiting 'hood or even just build businesses on your own home lot.

Ste

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: New Open for Business Video 1/05/05
« Reply #202 on: 2006 February 03, 16:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the title of this thread bothering anyone else but me?  Undecided

I think Open for Business sounds like it'll be awesome.  Definitely looking forward to running all sorts of successful (and failed   Tongue) business ventures, and I'm thinking the home lots will probably be the host for these, at least for the most part.  I generally have too much space at home as it is.

I'm not even tired of Nightlife yet, so I think I'm going to be happy with the game for a long time.  That is, unless Pescado doesn't get it.  Then I won't.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006 February 03, 16:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit for the last week or two, I have been obsessively searching out everything I could find on Open for Business.  I was origianally planning to wait a month or two after its release to get it, but now I can't wait.  Though I am going to have to give serious thought to whether I want to install it right away or wait until some of the essential mods from this sight have been approved OFB compatible.

Syberspunk, from what I've read, I do believe that the shopping district is going to be optional, just like the DT sub neighborhood, because they have stated that your Sims can purchase any existing community lot whether it is in the main neighborhood, DT, or the new shopping district.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2006 February 03, 17:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The DT comm lots have more visiting sims after 10 then the hood comm lots--so there IS a difference.

But I think, from what I've read so far, that OFB's new lots will function the same anyplace they're plopped down--unless fo course, that DT number of visiting sims after ten affected the new lots too.... ?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006 February 03, 19:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, after watching that video I am excited all out of proportion. I HATED working in sales yet I am frothing to make my sims do so. Hee!

Also, Hunter Howe sounds like a complete dork but he gets +1000 cool points for referencing my favourite card game. I WILL have Ninja Burger!

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2006 February 03, 20:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm kind of irritated by the title of the thread as well, because we've moved from talking about the video to talking about the expansion pack in general.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006 February 03, 20:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2006 February 03, 22:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm kind of irritated by the title of the thread as well, because we've moved from talking about the video to talking about the expansion pack in general.

I think she meant she was annoyed at how it says "busioness" instead of "business"

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2006 February 03, 22:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But not that it says 05?

Unsouper
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2006 February 03, 22:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But not that it says 05?

I didn't even notice that!

Now I'm wondering if we should just move this whole discussion to a new thread so the title can stop annoying people, hah.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 February 03, 22:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, after watching that video I am excited all out of proportion. I HATED working in sales yet I am frothing to make my sims do so. Hee!

Also, Hunter Howe sounds like a complete dork but he gets +1000 cool points for referencing my favourite card game. I WILL have Ninja Burger!

Which card game relates to "Ninja Burger?" Or is it a game called Ninja Burger?

Be your own fish.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 February 03, 22:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is indeed called Ninja Burger. It's for three or more players, combines chance with strategy, and is a lot of silly fun. It's published by Steve Jackson Games.

I forsee making my own Ninja Burger skins! However, I don't think I'll be able to incorporate the wasabi sauce...  Undecided

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006 February 03, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like wasabi sauce.

Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 February 04, 22:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UNI and NL were about social aspects, which I'm interested in. OfB is about financial aspects, which I'm not interested in. Besides, the sims already get more than enough money. And there seems to be less craziness in the new EP.
Sorry, I'm still not attracted from what I see and read.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 February 04, 22:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can see, it looks like the 'set price' of things is going to be pretty limited. The scale thing has what, six slots on it? So six different prices? I really don't like that. Very limiting.

I was thinking it'd be nice to set stuff really cheap--like for a yard sale. But if we can't control the pricing better we can't do that.

I hope I'm wrong on this: So I'm asking: is this what every else thinks too?

And it's pretty cheesy of Maxis to put out the news in Australia about the new 'packs' but not a word here. Maybe I'm wrong: Has anyone seen any news on the new packs released here in the states?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 February 04, 22:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously doubt it's six different prices - it's more likely six different price ranges, from cheap to expensive. This would mean that if you set everything cheap a flower vase and a stereo wouldn't be the same price, but they'd be cheap for the type of item they were. He also demonstrated setting a price on an individual object, so it looks like we'll have two levels of control.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 February 04, 22:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I remember reading - it sounded like you could make all the items for sale in a store a particular range - cheap to expensive but you could also go and set the sale price for each item individually. I got the impression that if you didn't want to be mucking around with things at such a detail level, then the pricing "ranges" would be what you would use - it was also give you a sense of what sims would think was "cheap" versus "expensive".
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 February 04, 22:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can see, it looks like the 'set price' of things is going to be pretty limited. The scale thing has what, six slots on it? So six different prices? I really don't like that. Very limiting.

Go to the store, look around at prices, what do you see?  $29.95, $39.95, $49.95, $59.95, $69.95.  Are you beginning to see a pattern?

In marketing terms, this is called "cents off" pricing.  I've always preferred to call it SenseLess pricing.

Just because you can't set a price manually like $32.55 doesn't mean the game will suck. But I hope that's obvious by now.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 February 04, 22:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did y'all read the "Hunter's H-mail" today?  Split Levels!!!  Awnings!!!  Rounded Roofs!!!!! 
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 February 05, 01:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get really, really, really, excited with all the new items and clothes, and hair and everything.  Sit for hours just browsing the new stuff; gasps of oooh, aaaah, escaping my lips with every breath.  Then I think about the actual game.  Uni for me died in the arse really quickly, a bit of an anticlimax, NL was better; but I am pinning all my hopes on OFB.  Come on March!! Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 February 05, 05:45:55 by flowerchile » Logged

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: New Open for Business Video 1/05/05
« Reply #221 on: 2006 February 05, 02:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've probably mentioned that I'm really really excited about OFB. Although I very much enjoy both Uni and NL, I have several Sims who I just don't know what to do with otherwise (now permaplats, or they've got tons of money, or are Elders). It's either the new OFB or it's time to crack open The Movies game that I got for Christmas...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2006 February 05, 05:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've probably mentioned that I'm really really excited about OFB. Although I very much enjoy both Uni and NL, I have several Sims who I just don't know what to do with otherwise (now permaplats, or they've got tons of money, or are Elders). It's either the new OFB or it's time to crack open The Movies game that I got for Christmas...

That is a game that is definitely on my shopping list, but it's quite expensive so I'd like to know what The Movies is like before I outlay that sort of money.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 February 05, 07:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flowerchile: click here

Already been well and truly discussed  Wink
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006 February 05, 17:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook: go to a yard sale or a junk store and look around at the prices... lol.

Pig Slop and his wife Lotta Slop, (kids are Chunka, Used, and One, Two.) are going to open a yard sale next to their trashed trailer house and I need to be able to price trashed items really cheap. That's what I was asking about.

I didn't see that second level of pricing control. Can anyone remember exactly where they saw that?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: