More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 07:35:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05  (Read 87275 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
« Reply #75 on: 2006 January 10, 15:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odyssey, Ratchet and Clank is a lot of fun; the first two are all about breaking and blowing stuff up. It's a blast and there are so many other little things to do it never gets boring. I loved the first Jax but wasn't thrilled with the second; it was too dark which made it confusing. I think I got rid of it about three weeks after getting it. I have recently discovered a new game thanks to my daughter - her friend had a psp with ape escape on it, I have seen it out for ps2 so it's next on my get list for ps2 diversion games. I wish they would make another WRC, that is a blast but I have played it so many times it's almost lost its luster, which is why it's vitally important to keep enough games in rotation! I really miss donkey kong too, I wish I didn't have to buy a new system to play it - cause that is not going to happen. Currently NFSMW has me firmly in its grips, but I will probably be finished with it by this weekend. I do love my games.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 January 11, 01:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. R&C does sound fun. Break stuff!

Jak I rocked. Most truly. Jak 2 was . . . er . . . a different game. Very different. At it's best, a humorous and engaging play on the cliches of angsty heroes and post apocalyptic rebellion. At it's worst . . . it's a demonically hard, stupidly cartoony GTA knock off. Jak 3 has much better gameplay, but you must ignore the cut scenes at all costs. The plot is nothing short of aneurysm inducing. Of course, the "plot," such as it is, in the other games probably isn't much better, but I like Jak and Daxter.

I don't play a lot of games, other than Sims 2. Love Jak and Daxter. Play SSX, Tekken Tag, and Lego Star Wars (a most excellent game in two player mode, good for playing with someone who doesn't normally do platformers) when bored. And Jazz Jackrabbit.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 January 11, 13:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Oddysey I will have to go ahead and check out Jak 3, maybe I can rent it first to see if its worth shelling out the forty for. I will have to check out the other games on your list sans Lego Star Wars. I dont have a second player, as my daughter hates to play with me because I play to win. I am such a mean mom...

I need to find some new platform games, I dont like anything too cinematic though. I remember when Myst first came out and I got it, I think it was on ps1 if I am not mistaken, anyway it sucked. badly. It was about five minutes or so of watching stuff happen like a movie and about 30 seconds of game play and then back to watching stuff happen again. I couldnt for the life of me figured out why anyone would like this game - but to each his/her own. Thankfully I got a new ps2 that year and started play all the fun platform stuff I play now, although again I will greatly miss donkey kong and mario. But I think my all time favorite game was Road Rash on Sega. Man that game rocked.

Another fun game on ps2 is ATV Offroad Fury...I could go on but this is a sims2 site so...check out R&C from the beginning, if you loved Jak you will likely love Ratchet (and clank).
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 January 11, 13:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh?

Am I the only one who missed the Ninjas in OFB?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 January 11, 16:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open for Business Details from Chat

http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/news/archive.php?ID=2508

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 January 11, 17:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, that's some interesting info. I don't think I'd have more than a couple of Sims run a business, though, unless it was in their personality as I've figured it, but I like the other perks a lot. Making robots, and new clothes and hair. And a sprinkler to play in! *laugh*

Hopefully I won't get so excited about "new stuff new stuff new stuff!" like with the others, though, and can wait until the inevitable bugs are squashed most awesomely. The hack upset after NL has shown me that it's better to wait on all the new recolors and features that'll come up instead of suffering the bugs that new EPs always bring for a month or more...
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 January 11, 17:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pre-order incentives are being offered and where??

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 January 11, 20:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any idea what "Menu's can be customised for restaurants" is gonna mean? Does this mean that we'll be able to make a burger joint, a pizza joint, and whare is the Chinese food...etc and not have things like lobster on the menu?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 January 11, 21:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pre-order incentives are being offered and where??

C

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/260314.asp

Pre-order The Sims 2 Open For Business and you will receive an exclusive mascot and life-sized sculpture to promote your Sims' shop as the best in the neighborhood!

Does this mean that we'll be able to make a burger joint, a pizza joint, and whare is the Chinese food...etc and not have things like lobster on the menu?

it sounds like it to me *shrugs* guess we will have to wait and see

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2006 January 12, 02:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah Robotic Pirate Ghosts...it was something along those lines...I wasn't too big of a fan of R&C3 but the mini-game sidescroller shooter levels were fun.  I think R&C1 and 2 are the best ones....I'll probably rent Deadlocked.  As for the Jak series, I really do like Jak 3, and I'd like to try Jak X since I was a big fan of Crash Team Racing...but anyway... Grin  I'm still thinking over Open for Business... not quite sure what to think of it...maybe when it gets closer to release I'll be more interested... Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 January 16, 02:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Sleepycat! I'm a little more excited than I was, having read that.

It's not that OFB doesn't sound like fun ~ it does! ~ it's just that I'm still enjoying Nightlife enough that a new EP doesn't send me into spasms of anticipation like it normally does.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 January 16, 02:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, that's some interesting info. I don't think I'd have more than a couple of Sims run a business, though, unless it was in their personality as I've figured it, but I like the other perks a lot. Making robots, and new clothes and hair. And a sprinkler to play in! *laugh*
I'm sure you won't get much of a choice. Like every new expansion pack, it'll introduce a new set of wants which will probably make it all but compulsory to do for everyone, since otherwise they will endlessly roll wants for it, jamming out everything else. And why would you want to play in a sprinkler anyway? That sounds stupid.

Hopefully I won't get so excited about "new stuff new stuff new stuff!" like with the others, though, and can wait until the inevitable bugs are squashed most awesomely. The hack upset after NL has shown me that it's better to wait on all the new recolors and features that'll come up instead of suffering the bugs that new EPs always bring for a month or more...
I wouldn't get too excited. There are currently some serious development issues in SimPE. For starters, the new version of SimPE is so dogawful that it's basically unusable. This isn't a major issue at present since the old classic one still works fine, but every expansion pack invariably breaks the system. And support of the Classic mode has been effectively discontinued. At present, it is no longer functional at all. Since the old one probably won't work, and the new one isn't usable, I have no plans at present to order it once it exists. You can expect it to take longer, if it happens at all. If the SimPE editor issues aren't entirely resolved by the time this happens, and no viable alternative exists, I'm going to retire from TS2.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 January 16, 02:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Maxoids would be wise to help in any way they can to make sure SimPE remains the invaluable tool that it is. They need to realize that without SimPE (and mods), TS2 will be so frustrating that we'll stop playing it. And I say that as a five-year addict who owns every Sims-related thing that Maxis has cranked out. But I'd never have bought even a second Sims1 EP without the assurance that programs and mods were available to make it playable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 January 16, 03:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This really has nothing to do with Maxis, it's an internal SimPE thing. Basically, they've discontinued support for the interface mode that has existed since the beginning. The new interface is not a very good substitute. In fact, it's just downright unusably bad, to the point where attempting to use it tends to result in a great deal of frustration and not a lot of actual work being done. The recolor-monkeys, which apparently form the majority of the userbase now, obviously haven't noticed the problem since most of their work is done in external paint programs anyway. The important thing is that I find it unusable for any actual codework, and without any other alternatives, no further work will be done once the old versions no longer function.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 January 16, 03:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a warning Angelynne, my cow plant ATE MY SIM!!!  And a tip for those of you in South Australia; Big W quite often has the new releases of The Sims 2 EP's out A DAY EARLIER than the official release date. 

Well EB Games just lost a customer... although... I can get to an EB before I get to the Wobble-You... is it cheaper at Big Dub?

<insert witty comment here>
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 January 16, 03:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The recolor-monkeys...
Gee, thanks.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2006 January 16, 04:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The important thing is that I find it unusable for any actual codework, and without any other alternatives, no further work will be done once the old versions no longer function.

Just wait another 6-8 weeks.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 January 16, 06:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wait another 6-8 weeks.
Not sure what relevance this has to the fact that SimPE is evolving to an unusable form...

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 January 16, 07:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well EB Games just lost a customer... although... I can get to an EB before I get to the Wobble-You... is it cheaper at Big Dub?
[/quote]

Yeh, the Nightlife EP was about $38 and I know it was more at EB; I like to shop.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 January 16, 08:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe you registered just to respond to a propaganda post. Seriously, the obvious reason you have to wait until March is because the product DOES NOT EXIST and they're just waiting to see how hyped up you can get on a few easily faked screenshots before they go and do anything about it. Then if enough people seem interested, they might actually go and make the product.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 January 16, 09:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe you registered just to respond to a propaganda post. Seriously, the obvious reason you have to wait until March is because the product DOES NOT EXIST and they're just waiting to see how hyped up you can get on a few easily faked screenshots before they go and do anything about it. Then if enough people seem interested, they might actually go and make the product.

Actually, I thought the reason that they had to wait until March was because they had to ship a copy out to you for approval.   Apparently, they're tired of issuing broken games and want OFB to work properly the first time around.  You are expecting it - aren't you? 

Seriously, have you seen what they expect this game to do?  There are so many things that can and will go wrong, it doesn't bear thinking about...but once you get your hands on it, it will work start to work properly.  Why don't they just pay you and be done with it?

happy now :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 January 16, 09:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually hun...it does exist enough to be announced on the OFFICIAL site Roll Eyes
Lies and propaganda. I demand real proof, not a bunch of PR announcements and faked screenshots. Hell, they're not even consistent. One source claims toddlers will not be able to visit these businesses, and yet here we are with pictures of toddlers at the businesses! Obviously, these are FAKE!

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 January 16, 09:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, no matter how cool it looks, I won't be buying it if Pescado isn't.  I adore having an Awesomized game, and I won't settle for Maxis crap now.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 January 16, 09:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One source claims toddlers will not be able to visit these businesses, and yet here we are with pictures of toddlers at the businesses! Obviously, these are FAKE!

Over at Snooty Sims they've got loads of links to OFB info.  From what I can gather, toddlers still can't go to community lots (without Inge's teleporter).  The pics with the toddler are set in the home.   Inge type doors can control who can and can't enter that section of the house.  I think that this was done so that people with slower pcs that can't handle the downtown loading times would still be encouraged to buy the game.

Loading times for the base game + 3 EPs will take even longer,, especially if people keep all their old downloads/custom content.
OFB comes with yet another community downtown section.  So more townies, more character files, more junk.  There's something very lame about selling on items that are already available in the 'buy' section of the game.

Having said all that, I'm really looking forward to it because it does add another dimension to the game, and it provides another way to spend the millions of simoleans that 2nd and 3rd generation families have aaccumulated in my game.

happy now :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 January 16, 09:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that businesses are supposed to be profitable, I'm not sure this will truly be a way to spend money as it is a way to get more money you can't realistically use. CARS could have been that outlet, but cars are hellacheap in TS2.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: