More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 00:19:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stolen Newspapers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stolen Newspapers  (Read 8283 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Stolen Newspapers
« on: 2006 January 02, 07:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi one and all I have just come to the conclusion that the people that are stealing my sims newspapers are not furious at them. With this one family the person that was stealing the newspapers was greated by my allinone, so I made her selectable and even though she bearly knows them she is steeling their newspapers so I ponder why is she dooing it? I have noticed the Don Lothario was geting his papers stolen by the maid because he cheated on her. The only thing I noticed that the sim steeling the newspapers has 10 points playfulness and 8 points for outgoing.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Stolen Newspapers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 02, 07:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the newspaper thieves also low on nice points? I noticed that in one of my houses, my sims had a newspaper thief of another playable that they had never met, but he was a mean little bastard.

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 02, 07:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that u come to mention it I think she only has about 2 or 3 nice points. I will have to check though.

No I just checked and she only has 1 nice point.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 02, 07:43:43 by Meek_Monkey » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 02, 07:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims that steal papers are usually low on nice points my Scorpios are always stealing papers--better than knocking over the trash can like they used to.  It seems like the only time you get your trash can knocked over is when a sim is furious.  Has anyone else had one knocked over in NL by a non furious sim?
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 02, 07:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea as I have Inge's no kick trashcan mod in my game
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 02, 07:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims that steal papers are usually low on nice points my Scorpios are always stealing papers--better than knocking over the trash can like they used to.  It seems like the only time you get your trash can knocked over is when a sim is furious.  Has anyone else had one knocked over in NL by a non furious sim?

Yeah, I've had sims kick over their own trashcans when they're in the red of aspiration.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 02, 08:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my newspapers dissapear, without being stolen. I have the "unsubscribe" hack, but forgot to tell my sim to make an airplane. As I waited for him to come home and do it, a passing by townie took the paper, read it, and it dissapeared. I had to wait two more days in order to unsubscribe.

Off-Topic:  Why VENUSY! is not promoted (stupid)? Is JMP afraid of her? Grin Grin Grin
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 02, 08:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off-Topic:  Why VENUSY! is not promoted (stupid)? Is JMP afraid of her? Grin Grin Grin

He's trying to attract her attention.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 02, 10:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had one knocked over in NL by a non furious sim?

Yes. Newish custom neighborhood, no one is furious with anyone else as far as I can tell, everyone is in green or above aspiration, yet two or three times now I've noticed the trash knocked over. Unfortunately, I didn't catch who did it at any of these times so I could go and check their stats.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 02, 13:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HER?? I'm male!

(Oh, and I was asleep when your post was posted. Was it just a post in the newsbox or something?)

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 02, 15:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP steals newspapers in my game.  He often runs onto lots in his tracksuit, like the highly active sims tend to do, and grabs a paper as he runs by.  He does it to people he hasn't even met.  If I stop him in his tracks by asking them to greet him, he gets very annoyed.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 02, 15:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HER?? I'm male!

(Oh, and I was asleep when your post was posted. Was it just a post in the newsbox or something?)

Sorry about the gender...Smiley

Yes, you were in the News Box, but only one word was seen: "VENUSY!" - no "stupid" add...Smiley. Now is again B;ueSoup...Smiley.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 02, 16:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HER?? I'm male!

Sorry about the gender...Smiley

Yes, you were in the News Box, but only one word was seen: "VENUSY!" - no "stupid" add...Smiley. Now is again B;ueSoup...Smiley.
I think that you only get to be stupid if you leave the chat before you're kicked. I have no idea what earned me the honour of been yelled at, but it must have been something very dumb, or something very annoying.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 02, 16:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP steals newspapers in my game.  He often runs onto lots in his tracksuit, like the highly active sims tend to do, and grabs a paper as he runs by.  He does it to people he hasn't even met.  If I stop him in his tracks by asking them to greet him, he gets very annoyed.

The same thing happens in my game! It's a pity regular object can't be stolen that way.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 02, 18:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the gnome? Does it still get stolen? I'm currently playing TS2 only base game so I cannot check about the newspaper..I'd rather that the grouchy sims steal the paper than knock over the cans tho.. Grin

They think they are being mean, but they are actually helping! Cheesy

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 02, 18:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have Inge's anti-trashcan kicking hack, and I also have yet to see the flaming bag of poo in my game.  I wonder if it affects that as well.  I have JMP's Enemies accumulate hack, and I have a couple of sims who are about to be ridden out of town on a rail if they don't stop picking fights and stealing newspapers!  L(OL

Yesterday I had a child (son of one of the two mean sims, surprise surprise!) steal a newspaper in front of the owner.  She actually gave chase!  I hadn't seen that behavior before, either.  The boy got away, but I would have found it very interesting if she had caught him!  Anyone ever have that happen?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 02, 19:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the trashcan being knocked over is happening in Pleasantview, I'm betting the culprit was most likely Mary-sue kick-the-trashcan-alot Pleasant. She does it pretty often in my game.

Yesterday I had a child (son of one of the two mean sims, surprise surprise!) steal a newspaper in front of the owner.  She actually gave chase!

Oh, that's very interesting. Wish things like that would happen in my game. Pescado-sim used to be the resident neighbourhood newspaper thief in my game, I'm always glad when he came around to help my sims 'clean up' Cheesy.
Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 03, 03:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the gnome? Does it still get stolen? I'm currently playing TS2 only base game so I cannot check about the newspaper..I'd rather that the grouchy sims steal the paper than knock over the cans tho.. Grin

The gnome still gets stolen. I never use it because of that - my sims can't survive without the sport of kings.  Wink
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 03, 03:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah The Diva steals my Sims newspapers.  She'll walk by, primp herself, then look around before stealing the newspaper and running away.  None of my Sims know this lady very well, so it's odd.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 03, 03:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gnome still gets stolen. I never use it because of that - my sims can't survive without the sport of kings.  Wink

By the way for all those that want to have gnomes in there yard here is a helpful mod it works in all version

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1648
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 03, 04:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also if you are using the gnomes for their fun value and not the Feng Shui then the flamingos work just as fast as the gnomes for getting the fun levels up and have the added bonus of being so ugly no one wants to steal them.  They are also great because they are a deal at only $12 simoleons. 

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: