More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:11:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  All my plans Ruined!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: All my plans Ruined!  (Read 26768 times)
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
All my plans Ruined!
« on: 2006 January 01, 14:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe I shouldn't be such a drama queen but my sims really are not cooperating.

I have a teen named Thalia whom I liked so much I went into CAS and made a father (Marcel who Brynne can't stop auto flirting even though they only have one bolt. Maybe it's because he's french?) son (Aimery) family just so she would have a nice cute boy to date. Things were going great. They had two dream dates, wanted nothing but to be together and have two bolts (I've only ever gotten up to two bolts with any couple until...) for each other. So he asks her to go steady and they Woohoo for the first time at a party she has and everything is going great.

Okay so next day I'm playing at his place and Britany Parker (I aged all the townie children up to teen for a particularly bad foster home I was playing) is doing a walk-by and even though they have 0/0 she is at 2 bolts with him. Next thing you know he is talking to her and it imediately goes up to three! My first three bolt couple and that hussy is half of it so of course I'm horrified. And this guy Aimery wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Thalia. Now I'm all in a quandry over what to do with this.

A little background on Britanny- 
She is fortune and she managed to escape the foster home (unlike some of her foster siblings who met with some mysterious "accidents") by hooking up with a rich elder in town. She and Meadow Thayer are sharing the old guy so I haven't been to their lot since NL except to test the romance mod. I thought maybe Britt and Aimery can have a brief fling before he finds out what kind of girl she is. After all she'll never leave her rich old sugar daddy for some unemployed kid. Shes in it for cash not romance. Then he and Thalia can live happily ever after. Maybe.

Also on the subject of Brynne-
If she continues to insist on him I'm afraid she's gonna get her heart broken with this Marcel thing as he is a Con Artist and a Romance. I may post more on this as it develops.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: All my plans Ruined!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 01, 14:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how you feel.  Brian got a blind date, and it turned out to be the social worker - whose name is actually Social Worker weirdly enough.  So they got on fine and had a daughter called Brocia (I like to make a combination of the parents' names).   I sort of pre-betrothed her to one of my boy sims.   But she had other ideas and started stalking one of my other sims by phone.   I give in!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 01, 14:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate to sound like a chimp, but I'm lost. Completely. Whats wrong with all this lmao? and whats happening?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 01, 15:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell Thalia he's a chump and let the hussy have him. Please, God, make someone new for Thalia........ Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 01, 15:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they got on fine and had a daughter called Brocia (I like to make a combination of the parents' names). 
That's what I do!  I have loads of kids with combination names in my original Pleasantview, such as Donina (Don & Nina), Robson (Roberta & Grayson), Justella (Justus & Eleanor), Rima (Ricky & Marion) ... the list goes on.  Most of the names are invented, but some are real, such as Robson.  In fact, the majority of my born-in games have combo-names.  Sometimes I combine the names of grandparents instead, such as Mordon, who is the grandson of Mortimer & Don.  Sometimes I use strange combinations, which is why Castor & Allegra have Altaga (plus another I can't remember the name of) and Castor & Brittany have Barony.  The letters are all there, but not combined in an obvious way.  Occasionally I combine whole names, which is why the grandson of Skip & Daniel is called Spankideli.  I have great fun with this.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 01, 16:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they got on fine and had a daughter called Brocia (I like to make a combination of the parents' names). 
That's what I do!  I have loads of kids with combination names in my original Pleasantview, such as Donina (Don & Nina), Robson (Roberta & Grayson), Justella (Justus & Eleanor), Rima (Ricky & Marion) ... the list goes on.  Most of the names are invented, but some are real, such as Robson.  In fact, the majority of my born-in games have combo-names.  Sometimes I combine the names of grandparents instead, such as Mordon, who is the grandson of Mortimer & Don.  Sometimes I use strange combinations, which is why Castor & Allegra have Altaga (plus another I can't remember the name of) and Castor & Brittany have Barony.  The letters are all there, but not combined in an obvious way.  Occasionally I combine whole names, which is why the grandson of Skip & Daniel is called Spankideli.  I have great fun with this.
Haha Spankodeli
I needed another way opf getting names, Im so crap with names they're so boring haha.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 01, 16:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually my families have naming patterns, although none like that. For instance, with the Goth family, I think I just took the name "Cassandra" and ran with it ... Mortimer's daughter with Dina is named Medea, Cassandra's children with Don are Antigone and Troy, and Don's son with Nina is Ajax. *snickers* Yeah, I had some fun. All my Legacy family's heirs' names start with L (the ones I remember are Lana, Lionel, Liesl, and Laura). I never would have thought of combining names, but I just might try it.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 01, 16:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, 3 lightening bolts trumps all "plans" i might have for a sim.

I had a knowledge sim just starting out. Didn't really hit it off with the townie welcome wagon chick. Went downtown and though the waitress spilled food on him, they had a lightening bolt and started dating. They had a crush and were working on love/engage/marriage when he met a downtownie that he had 3 bolts for. They had a whirlwind romance and were married withing 36 sim hours! (with the help of some sunglasses Smiley) And they are so cute married.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 01, 18:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one family I used food names for. I started with Taffy, Peppermint and Cookie and then Chip and Lolly were born. I still play Peppermint but everyone else is hanging out in an abandoned neighborhood. Then I had the Brand family that I tried to come up with country sounding names for. The Father had the ten kids want so I was constantly needing new ones. Charlie, Becky Sue, Charlene, Henry, Mabel, Dusty, Fancy, LeAnn, Ray and Wade. I had to look to remember them all. That was fun though. Then of course I had a little girl named Plantain and her mom Uletta. I made those two up out of my head.

As to the three bolts it would conquer all except that I have never liked Brittany Parker and shes lucky she didn't perish long ago like so many of the other townie kids. In fact the only townie young persons I have ever not minded are Ricky Cromier and Meadow Thayer. However I haven't got any fates carved in stone (anymore) yet. I'm gonna see how things go for a bit. Maybe they will decide for me.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 02, 08:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one family who are herbs and spices. Cinnamon is the mother, and she had Ginger, Basil and Saffron. The grandkids so far who are keeping with the theme are Sage and Annise. Another family names their boys after poets. They have Blake, Byron, Eliot and Wyatt.

Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 02, 10:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the case of lightning bolts for the wrong Sims, there's not much I can do if they're friends and they hang out together.  All I can do is make sure they're happily in love with other Sims- or better yet, engaged/married to other Sims.  If they have two or three lightning bolts for random dormies/townies and they're already attached otherwise, then I either try to change the dormie/townie using the Mind Control Mirror and a mirror/Merola64's painting so that he/she is no longer attractive to my Sims, or I just kill them and have them make nice ghosts for various lots.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 02, 12:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My legacy family where all Disney characters. One alien family (Mork and Mindy) had kids named after planets and stars. I love theme naming!   
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 02, 13:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Slaw family. Cole, Murphy and Newton. Smiley

INTJ
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 02, 14:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Slaw family. Cole, Murphy and Newton. Smiley

I had to repeat the last two to myself a couple of times before they clicked - wonderful!  Cheesy

I'm not nearly so clever with my names, unfortunately, and wish I were - I'd get a chuckle out of them every time I saw them because I am easily amused! I do like to go with themes, however. My regular neighborhood is a bit boring and the current seed generation are all named by ethnicity, but my fantasy neighborhood has all of the first-gen children named by gemstones (Topaz, Amethyst, Emerald, and the like).

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 02, 18:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having something similar go on, too. My very first born in-game Sim is a couple days away from elder, and she's never dated or been in love with any other Sim but her husband, and the same with him. They've never cheated (after my cheat-tastic first few generations, I decided someone had to be faithful!) and I planned for them to never cheat. She has two bolts for her husband so I was pretty satisfied with that. She's Family and he's Fortune.

So, of course, she brings home a co-worker, another Family Sim, and they have three bolts. *sigh*

He's married, too, and hasn't cheated since he got married. I tend to not allow that anymore, but let them date around before marriage all they want. Anyway, right now they've been spinning up all their wants for each other, but there's been no autonomous flirting and I hope with the romance mod in place any such flirting will be rejected. Too bad, guys! Sometimes you miss out on your true soulmate! That's life!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 02, 18:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who I made to be a breeder. He's very handsome, and has custom eyes that I created, as opposed to the really good cutom eyes I downloaded from Heleane and WDS.   Roll Eyes  So, anyway, as always seems to happen in my neighborhood, I create them, I get them through UNI, and then I get bored with them and forget them.  I've had this happen so many times that I now use Inge's teleporter painting to make them townies, so they don't take up household space, and if I ever get interested in them again, I can move them in and play them.  Anyway, I digress.  So, this sim, David, is out there floating in townieville, and I have another sim, Suki, who's engaged to the father of her two children, who's getting close to becoming an elder, and who I'm bored with.  (I'm playing the household to raise her daughter.  I have almost NO FEMALES born in game, and lthis little girl is one of THREE!  About TWENTY Boys running around and only THREE girls? )  So, I get the idea to let the Momma have a one night fling with someone, hopefully to give birth to another girl.  I had a sim picked out, but as I was going through checking chemestry, I found that she had three lightning bolts with David, plus a close friendship.  So, the fiance' flies off to work, and I teleport David in.  A few minutes of snuggling on the couch, and they go upstairs.  When she gives birth, the baby has Dad's custom eyes, but it's a BOY!!  I exited without saving 3 times before I finally gave up and accepted the boy.  Sad 

The best laid plans of mice and men. . .
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 03, 02:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to give my sims names that reflect their personalities (as I imagine them).  I have a romance sim called Crimson Lane.  The name came to me when I was making her and I couldn't think of anything else no matter how hard I tried.

Sorry that was really tasteless.

I have been making three bolt couples recently and I have found a way to completely ignore the bloody star signs (which I hate).

Inteen for AL, yay!
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 03, 03:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a neighborhood filled with game and anime characters.  They may not look like who they're named after, but oh well.   Cheesy

One of them married Ivy Copur, and their kids were Portulaca, Narcissus and Hyacinth. 

The aliens were named Starboy and Boba Fett.  Starboy had Andromeda, who had Astro and Haley.  Boba Fett had Leia and Luke (who is the lovely vampire pictured in my avatar, joy!). 

Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 03, 03:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to give my sims names that reflect their personalities (as I imagine them).  I have a romance sim called Crimson Lane.  The name came to me when I was making her and I couldn't think of anything else no matter how hard I tried.

Sorry that was really tasteless.

I have been making three bolt couples recently and I have found a way to completely ignore the bloody star signs (which I hate).

What's the secret?

greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 06, 03:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to have a 3 bolt couple in my game...and I've had NL since it came out.  I think if this happened to me, I would most definitely have to go with it, no matter what was going on in their current relationship.  Even if it's my most favorite couple...there would have to be some drama! LOL!

--green
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 06, 05:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you Green, but I haven't seen 3 bolts yet either.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 06, 05:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those chemistry bolts screwed up a few of my existing relationships that were established pre-NL.  But I still let the 3 bolts trump everything.  Because, hey, who am I to stand in the way of true love?

That being said, if you don't like drama don't let John Burb met Brandi Broke.  Poor Lucy is the child of a broken home now because of those 3 bolts.  That whole ugly scene where Jennifer caught John and Brandi in the act still gives me the evil giggles.   Grin
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 06, 21:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm playing a color genetics hood, my sims all have very colorful (if not sometimes tasteless) names.

Black:  Charcoal, Shale, Raven, Slate, Onyx, Flatt, Matt, Pitch, Jet, Pepper.
Pink: Pansy, Petunia, Rhoda, Adobe, Blush, Floyd (think about it).
Green:  Forrest, Mint, Jade, Peridot, Olive, Hunter, Willow, Lima.
Purple: Reg L., Orchid, Amethyst, Tyrian, Grape, Nexium, Lilac, Passion, Raisin.

I have a lot more, but it just goes downhill from there!

And I actually had a couple of 2nd gen YAs from this hood who met at college and have 3 bolts.  Wasn't even trying for it!  Of course, they are now happily (and sappily) married and have started their family.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 06, 22:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you had this happen?

1.  Matchmaking
Let a sim finally settle down with a 2-bolt partner (sometimes after messing of turn on/offs to make them fit).  After a house and a few kids he meets an obsession producing 3-bolt love interest?

2.  Let love in
Move heaven and earth for a 3-bolt couple to become "available" and move them in together, only to discover that after growing up from college they had dropped down to TWO bolts!

3.  Sweetie who?
Arrange for a 3-bolt couple to be together but one of them keeps thinking about a previous 2 or even one-bolt attraction.

I know it's actually quite realistic, but GAH!!!
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 07, 01:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely hate that too.  The obsession that sims get with a past love also is very annoying.  Hey you graduated like 20 years ago, married and have 3 kids yet you want to flirt with ure college boyfriend everyday? the only way I've found that I can get rid of that is if I put the relationship to 0, even then they still want to do something with a past love.

The bolts are kind of decieving.  I had a couple who had 1 lighting bolt for each other, then the wife would constantly be dreaming of some townie that I didn't even know.  I found him later but heck no idea when she even met or saw the guy.  I eventually gave in to her, since it gets difficult playing a happily married couple when you have one of them dreaming and fantasising over someone else :/

I also had a sim who just graduated and was obsessing over his college sweetheart (who happened to be romance, not at all suitable for a knowledge guy).  They had 1 bolt together.  I played him for like 15-20 sim days and well no matter who he dated or who he met with I couldn't get him to hate her.  I even made him catch her with someone else.  He was furious with her but still wanted her.  Anyways I managed to find him a 3 bolt townie, they married but that didn't work either.  So in the end, when he turned elder I made him marry her.  Funny thing was he never got any wants towrds his 3 bolt ex-wife ever.  He just lived happily ever after.  Weird huh?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: