More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:58:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Everybody probably knows this, but I didn't *feels dumb*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Everybody probably knows this, but I didn't *feels dumb*  (Read 10580 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Everybody probably knows this, but I didn't *feels dumb*
« on: 2005 December 31, 13:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered why with NL...I could never see lot from houses I was playing s like a lot of the Maxis screenshots pictured them...I could usually only see small lots next to me...if there was a large community lot next to a house it  completely disappeered from being next door when I loaded the house up.

Just the other day I discovered the option in the control panel to make medium...large..x-tra large lots viewable (it was set by default  to small)..gee I feel dumb...I've been playing all this time with NL and just figured that's how the game was meant to be.  I finally went searching for options when I had Dina's daughter move into a lot next door to her and Dina's extra large lot and house weren't showing up next  door.

Now I can see half way across the neighborhood when playing a sim house and it looks so cool.   All the neighborhood decorations and everything..I'm thrilled lol.   It seems to slow my house loading time down a bit, but nothing I can't handle.  My sims finally have lots of neighbors instead of the house or two next to/in front of them Cheesy
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Everybody probably knows this, but I didn't *feels dumb*
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 31, 13:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats on working it out!  Grin Personally, I don't use lot view. I don't like it for some reason, probably how hazy the graphics look on the other lots...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 31, 14:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks cool and is fine for photo shots, but it really takes your frame rate into the tank.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 31, 15:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it for story telling photos, but it is next to impossible for me to play with it on for very long, it brings action down to just above a crawl, for me anyway.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 31, 15:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just left it on default, but I agree, the lots are hazy.  Useful to change from one lot to another, but with JM's new lot timer you don't need it.

Zephyr Zodiac
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 31, 16:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know for me it's the "realism" thing of it.  I know it taxes the system, but my sims love looking out the windows, and with the option off it looks to me like they are staring at nothing.  So, I keep it on.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 31, 17:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it work without Nightlife...  Cool

Sorry Im oblivious
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 31, 17:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, no....

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 31, 17:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's a feature added in Nightlife.

I don't like it, my game is slow enough as it is.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 31, 17:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know that either.
I've never seen anything from my lots. I saw other people post pics where they did. I never knew what made my game different.
Guess I was to lazy to ask anyone about it cause it didn't disturb me much. Glad you mentioned it though. I'll probably run mine so that I can see it once and then turn it back off.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 31, 17:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that feature and always had it on till I got to Uni and my Greek houses were so slow.  Later I was weeding through my downloads and realized that my Greek houses are 19 KB--I think I have to make new Greek houses-They are perfect but a tad too big.  Need to redo them I guess.  Before NL I would put the main family's house next to each other but never had that next door feeling.  It was awesome to look out from Regan's house to see Consort's house and next to it is Kent's house and down the street is Goneril's house.  It feels more like a home.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 31, 18:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19kb? Or mb? or gb?

Zephyr Zodiac
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 31, 18:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19kb would be too small for a lot file and 19Gb would be too big. It's probably 19Mb.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 31, 19:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lot views don't work. I can't select any option except small. The others aren't grayed out, they're just not selectable. The patch caused this and nothing I've tried has fixed it. Thanks, Maxis.  Angry
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 31, 19:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19kb would be too small for a lot file and 19Gb would be too big. It's probably 19Mb.

Well, if it's a big greek house with all the sims living in it and all the baggage files of every sim they've ever met, then 19GB isn't impossible!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 01, 12:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lot views don't work. I can't select any option except small. The others aren't grayed out, they're just not selectable. The patch caused this and nothing I've tried has fixed it. Thanks, Maxis.  Angry

It's b/c the game has decided that your system cannot handle it.
I don't know why it would suddenly happen with the patch installation, but I wouldn't doubt it either lol
I have two options on my graphic control panel greyed out since the installation of NL....thankfully the default settings are good enough.
Personally though I wish that I could decide for myself rather or not my computer could handle it. 

I am still loving my full neighborhood view after playing with it now...I haven't noticed any slow down at all..except like previously mentioned perhaps the loading screen takes longer.  Yay for a decent system I guess lol
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 01, 18:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally think the guys at Maxis all have shares in RAM makers, video card makers and CPU/motherboard etc. makers - since they probably know that most of us are continually upgrading rather than buying a new system!  And of course, they actually WANT us to upgrade for every EP!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 09, 03:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pffsh. I haven't upgraded my computer once, since I got it around two years ago, and it still works fine. No need for upgrading every six months.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 09, 06:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it depends what you started with!

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 09, 07:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for this being a lil off topic but I was wondering, my free will options are always greyed out.  I reinstalled everything recently and I still don't have the option.  Do I need to set something anywhere? I'm quite sure that it shouldn't have anything to do with graphics.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 09, 08:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your free will options are only highlighted when you are playing your sims in their house,  glad I can give advice instead of asking for once... Shocked

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 09, 08:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your free will options are only highlighted when you are playing your sims in their house,  glad I can give advice instead of asking for once... Shocked

Ty so much, I never knew, guess you learn something new everyday Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 10, 03:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19kb? Or mb? or gb?

Sorry--Mb  I now have the All-in-One maid also so who knows now.  Plus all the sims have custom hair,clothing and skins--I wonder how much that adds to it?  I decided that the greek house is too perfect--just have to deal with the drag.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 10, 04:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

19MB is still like nothing!  I have 2GB and rising!  Or do you mean that your downloaded hacks are 19MB?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: