More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:47:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Manual Navigation for Vampire Fly Here Interaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Manual Navigation for Vampire Fly Here Interaction  (Read 15208 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Manual Navigation for Vampire Fly Here Interaction
« on: 2005 December 29, 13:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting here again for those too lazy or never go to MTS2. Wink Since I think someone mentioned they wanted this.

This hack basically does the same thing as J.M. Pescado's manual-navigation hack, but specifically for the "Fly Here" interaction for Vampires. I wasn't sure if he would ever get around to updating it or even had plans to, so I figured it was easy enough to do and I wanted the same functionality in my game for vamps. Basically, it allows the user to have vamped sims "Fly Here" without it dropping out of the queue if you select other interactions to follow.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
Nightlife Only! Since Vampires only exist in Nightlife.

I have tested this in my game and it appears to work fine.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.
This hack is compatible with J.M. Pescado's manual-navigation hack. It modifies a separate interaction, and therefore it should NOT conflict.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to vamps flying
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

No pics to post this time as really this is something that needs to be seen/tested during "in game" play.

* manual-navigation-vampireflyhere.zip (0.53 KB - downloaded 834 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 August 03, 06:53:08 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Manual Navigation for Vampire Fly Here Interaction
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 29, 17:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 29, 18:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! syberspunk, you are officially a Awesome hacker! Feel proud. Feel VERY proud. Smiley

Nice hack, BTW.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 30, 05:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much.  I was so tired of waiting for my vampires to fly to their coffin before telling them to sleep in it.  Especially the zombie-vamp.  He don't walk too good.

Just coincidence but it works.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 03, 07:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um,where`s the hack to allow this for regular sims.I can`t find it. Huh

First, hrm... I'm not sure, but it isn't this one. You can try looking at MTS2 or maybe it's a Squinge hack? Seems like something he might do.

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

Second, it's not necromancy when it involves threads that host hacks. Necromancy is bad when it refers to really old threads that focus on discussions that have long since died. In some cases, it would be better to start a new thread. But, since no one else really should be starting a thread to host my hack, that really wouldn't be an option.

Depending on the board and the particular thread, in few cases it may actually be alright to 'resurrect' a thread. Some examples may be boards that host faqs or threads dedicated to tutorials or informative discussions such as the War Room for example.

So, while your post may be well intentioned, it is ill-suited for this thread. In the very least, thanks for bringing to my attention that I needed to reattach the hack. Wink

Ste

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 05, 19:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, hrm... I'm not sure, but it isn't this one. You can try looking at MTS2 or maybe it's a Squinge hack? Seems like something he might do.
It's available here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 05, 20:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's available here.

My bad. I thought the person was referring to allowing all sims to fly. I vaguely recall seeing that somewhere once, but I may have imagined that.

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 06, 07:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Vensusy was right about what I was talking about,got to remeber to clarify my posts as much as I can. Cheesy

Hehe. It's all good. I was feeling uber pompousy at the time anyways, so my head was full at the time. Tongue So I kind of misinterpretted the 'this' when you said:

I thought by 'this' you meant '[Vampire Flying] for regular sims' as opposed to Manual Navigation. Hehe, silly me.  Cheesy

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: