More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:44:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The Scrapyard
| | | |-+  Anti-Gypsy Walkby
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Gypsy Walkby  (Read 37441 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti-Gypsy Walkby
« on: 2005 December 29, 06:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eliminates the obligatory gypsy-stalking at every new lot move-in. Because we've all seen her and her spiel before, and dammit, if she's gonna keep showing up, why the hell doesn't she do something properly gypsylike and just steal something quietly?

antigypsywalkby.zip

Anti Gypsy Walkby for TS2NL v1.0p1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
The gypsy should no longer stalk new move-ins. She may still appear normally,
if called, or as a visiting friend, but shouldn't show up just to stalk a new
move-in. Because we've all seen this spiel 30 times already.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2NL v1.0p1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 09:42:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Anti-Gypsy Walkby
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 29, 07:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you this is great.  Grin

Seriously, though, is there any way to make her steal something?  That might make for some interesting happenings.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 29, 07:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WARNING postscript: Do not combine with visitor controller as the authors will not assume responsibility for your BFBVFS.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 29, 07:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, TwoJeffs, I was wondering about that.  I have wanted something like this for a long time, but I already have your Visitor Controller, so I really don't need this now.  I don't think I've seen any gypsies since you updated it to include them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 29, 07:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking over the Jeffian Visitor Controller, it looks like if you use this together, one or the other will assert dominance, and either you'll never get a gypsy walkby period, or the Jeffy Controller will override, depending on where you put it. Using both together would be redundant, though. It probably won't melt your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 29, 07:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably won't melt your game.

Aaah.....famous last words!!!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 29, 07:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yours and TJ's hacks in subfolders named Pescado and TwoJeffs respectively, so I am assuming that TJ's hack will override since it was loaded last?  The only difference I can think of is that with TJ's hack, every time the gypsy tries to come she disappears in a blue flash, even when I have one of my sims call her.  With this one, it sounds like you won't see her at all when you first move in, but you'll still be able to invite her over without having to unban her first.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 29, 08:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using TJ's visitor controller instead of his zapper, you can probably still have who you like over using a teleporter, as that doesn't go through the visitor controller at all.

Also, inviting someone over is a completely different process from the ones that walk onto the lot of their own accord, so it might be spared in any case.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 29, 08:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't his visitor controller and zapper the same thing?  And I thought that inviting the gypsy over was supposed to bypass the zapper, but I have had my sims invite the gypsy only to wonder why she never showed up.  I had them invite her again and saw her disappear in a flash of blue.  I had to unban her so she could come.  I didn't understand why this was happening.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 29, 08:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No they're not the same thing.  The zapper is the older download, where the Sims get onto the lot in the first place and then the zapper notices and deletes them.  The controller affects which Sims are scheduled to walk on in the first place.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 29, 08:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, yes, I forgot he renamed them when he made the new one for NL.  That is the one I am using now.  I have not tried to invite the gypsy over since the new version, because I really don't use her that much.  I will try it though sometime, now that I have the new version.  I went back to look, and I see where he says that it will keep banned sims from appearing at all rather than being zapped off the lot as they were previously.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 29, 21:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the Visitor controller include the NPC & Visitor Zapper?  I used that thing to just poof the gypsies whenever they appeared at my house.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 29, 21:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does, and there's a whole thread devoted to just what it does.  Wink
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 31, 04:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you this is great.  Grin

Seriously, though, is there any way to make her steal something?  That might make for some interesting happenings.

You mean charging 5,000 simoleans for a so-so match isn't robbery enough for you?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 31, 09:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I am glad for this! The stupid gypsy doesn't work properly in my game anyway-ask for blind date-shows up-date doesn't start! Grr Grin *kicks gypsy*

Crmelsimlover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 01, 15:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for this!!! That damn gypsy was making me sick showing up at every move in. The crone even showed up when I haven't played a house a long time. She should only come if I call her!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 01, 15:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this supposed to stop the gypsy from showing up on community lots also?

I'm sick of her ringing the doorbells on community lots downtown and she did it again when I played last night (with this hack in) so I wondered...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 02, 00:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this supposed to stop the gypsy from showing up on community lots also?

I'm sick of her ringing the doorbells on community lots downtown and she did it again when I played last night (with this hack in) so I wondered...

Ditto-just came in to report this. She wasn't ringing the 'doorbells' on the community lots, but she was on every single community lot I went to. I usually go to at least 2/3 every sim day.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 02, 07:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, NPCs often visit community lots. And on a community lot, the gypsy doesn't seem to bug you with "Greetings, dearie!", she just kinda hovers around like every other visitor and performs the important function of vending the date rape drugs you might need.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 02, 13:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay Smiley

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 04, 11:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod suddenly (?) stopped working.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 09, 00:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, NPCs often visit community lots. And on a community lot, the gypsy doesn't seem to bug you with "Greetings, dearie!", she just kinda hovers around like every other visitor and performs the important function of vending the date rape drugs you might need.

That reminds me. Someone should open a More Awesome Than You store, with t-shirts and hats and such, with JM quotes on them. Like "Date rape is bad, m'kay?" and "Necromancy is bad, m'kay?" and "GOATS, I tell you. The answer is GOATS." and "Life's a bitch, and then you're raped by wild boars!" and "May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death, and/or halitosis." and "Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space" and "Congratulations to: Draklixa!"

Oh yes, and does the EVERYONE MUST LOVE ME! potion thing still cause random evaporations of sims? Or is it fixed?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 09, 04:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes, and does the EVERYONE MUST LOVE ME! potion thing still cause random evaporations of sims? Or is it fixed?
It seems to be fixed.  I tried buying the potion again after the fix, and my sim did not disappear.  I haven't tried buying it again though.  It was interesting that if I paused right after the sim bought the potion and took the vials out of his inventory and placed them on the ground, he didn't disappear.  Jase had a fix for this, and it was another one of those things where Maxis had set it to delete the wrong thing.   Shocked
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 09, 05:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly what I was hoping for.  The Visitor controller/zapper was a bit too extensive for me when all I really wanted was to stop the 'Greetings, my dearie' from popping up everywhere.

Sorry twojeffs, but this one is indeed More Awesome.

(Thank you, this is great Grin )

<insert witty comment here>
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 09, 15:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly what I was hoping for.  The Visitor controller/zapper was a bit too extensive for me when all I really wanted was to stop the 'Greetings, my dearie' from popping up everywhere.

Sorry twojeffs, but this one is indeed More Awesome.

(Thank you, this is great Grin )

*laughs* and I went back to the Visitor controller just so I would never have to see crumplebottom(sp? the wacko with the purse) or the gypsy ever again  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: