More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:16:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Car & Taxi problem after adding new family member (ex-Townie)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Car & Taxi problem after adding new family member (ex-Townie)  (Read 2833 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Car & Taxi problem after adding new family member (ex-Townie)
« on: 2005 December 26, 19:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a problem with using cars after moving in an ex-Townie?

I am playing the Ethiopian Challenge at the moment. My sim (Extremely Tormented) was dating & engaged to the townie Aiden Toyonaga. Yesterday while I was playing, Aiden spontaneously turned up on Extremely's doorstep and rang the bell, getting Extremely out of bed in the process. He then proceeded to autonomously inititate lots of romantic gestures, even though Extremely was stinking. So I figured he really was the ideal catch, and let them get married. No ceremony or arch, just Propose --> Marriage.

Now Aiden is controllable and seems to behave normally, except when it comes to cars & outings. The car is of course assigned to Extremely as the owner, as he was previously the only sim living on the lot. Before Aiden moved in, I could click on the car & select "Drive to Community Lot", and a dialog would ask whether I wanted to send Extremely only, or "Multiple sims" - then it would ask about all the sims on the lot at the time. Now, although that dialog comes up, clicking "Multiple sims" doesn't work - the game doesn't ask whether I want to send Aiden as well, and Extremely just drives off in the car by himself, leaving poor Aiden standing by the driveway hungry, stinking and desperate to pee.

It gets worse. Aiden can't drive the car himself. I suppose that's not surprising if he's not assigned as the owner, but it seems strange. Also, the carpool came for Extremely - at the time, I thought this was because he'd changed career tracks (from Military to Business, having achieved the Military career reward), but now I'm not so sure. Finally, Aiden couldn't call for a taxi. At first, I thought this was because the carpool car was still occupying the portal, but he couldn't even do it one sim hour after Extremely had left for work! The Call --> Transportation option just wasn't present on his cellphone. In the end, I turned on TestingCheats & Forced an Error on him & Reset - after that, he could call the taxi, and he visited the community lot. However, on his return, he still couldn't use the household car, either when alone or when accompanying Extremely.

What's going on? And how can I fix it? Aiden is only the second Townie that a sim of mine has married, and he's the first one that I've ever moved in by marriage - normally, I do Propose --> Move In first, then marry them later. But you're not allowed to do that with the Ethiopian Challenge. Nor are you allowed to randomly delete sims or objects, except to fix game bugs  Undecided.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Car & Taxi problem after adding new family member (ex-Townie)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 26, 19:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you happen to try buying a new car? 
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 26, 23:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved in townies by marriage before and they could use the cars fine, even when it wasn't assigned to them. Maybe the car is bugged? You should try buying a new one, like sleepycat said.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 26, 23:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved most of my downtownies in, plus a few townies, and none ever had specific problems with the car or the carpool.  But there are problems with cars, as lythdan says.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 27, 00:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the problem persist if you delete him and force a respawn?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 28, 00:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried unassigning Extremely as the driver and then re-assigning him?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: