More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:45:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Requests?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Requests?  (Read 17346 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Requests?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 27, 10:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one sim that was attracted to a downtownie teen as a teenager, and now she's an elder and whenever she thinks about him, she still gets the lovey hearts floating around.

What I've noticed with elder family sims is that their wants are cluttered with encouraging their adult children, that don't actually livr at home anymore. Couldn't they be bothered when their kids were...children?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 27, 15:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my sims think about adoption all the time, no matter what the aspiration is- but I have never once seen a want to adopt a kid. I never have them adopt anyway, unless it's to get a kid that was taken by the social worker- no ugly babies for me!

What really gets on my nerves is when they have wants related to sims that live off-lot, like when grandparents want to hold their grandchild, and how they forget about the rest of the family the moment a new baby is born. Why do family sims seem to completely forget about their spouses?

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 27, 17:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My theory is that they copied both the Pleasure and Grilled Cheese aspirations off the Family aspiration, and forgot to switch off the thought bubbles.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 27, 18:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family wants:  Play fortune sims.  I have had many different personalities but they never think about kids, family, friends or basically anyone else on the planet except themselves.  Especially after they sell their first masterpiece. 

Higher bills:  Yes, buy expensive stuff, paintings and sculptures.  Art increases in value and hike up the bills.  Put your sim painted paintings on the walls instead of selling them.  And redecorate the house with expensive wall coverings and floor tiles.  At generation 5 my legacy family easily paid around 2000 simoleans every mail day. *Gasp*
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 27, 18:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my sims think about adoption all the time, no matter what the aspiration is- but I have never once seen a want to adopt a kid. I never have them adopt anyway, unless it's to get a kid that was taken by the social worker- no ugly babies for me!

What really gets on my nerves is when they have wants related to sims that live off-lot, like when grandparents want to hold their grandchild, and how they forget about the rest of the family the moment a new baby is born. Why do family sims seem to completely forget about their spouses?
I actually saw the want to adopt a Kid occur in my two Jeffs family . Both Jeffs were Pregnant  courtesy of Pregnancy for all and  the second Jeff spun the want to adopt a child! which I ignored since they both had babies on the way at the time

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 27, 18:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen the want to adopt kids until my Twojeffs family either, and then both of them had the want.  Funny though, I *think* they were both Knowledge Sims, and if it had been a man/woman partnership, I bet I never would have seen the want to have a baby.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 27, 19:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the Adopt a  baby want a second time this time Motoki's partner so  I think the couple has to be same sex for it to spin.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 27, 19:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the Adopt a  baby want a second time this time Motoki's partner so  I think the couple has to be same sex for it to spin.

Oh!  I wondered why I've never seen it before.  Fix your tags, Bangel =)

Edit:  Cool, thanks for the pic.  Nice couple!
« Last Edit: 2005 December 27, 20:26:17 by Muisie » Logged
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 27, 19:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that want either, even though I have a same-sex married Family Sim, ex-dormie. I also haven't seen that fear of cheating want yet, strangely enough! My Sims seem pretty boring Tongue Before dates I only had one ever want to marry a specific Sim, and she couldn't since he was already married, har. After dates it'll spin up pretty predictably if they're in love on a date and not Romance Sims or something (then they'll spin up the fear), sigh.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 27, 20:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family wants:  Play fortune sims.  I have had many different personalities but they never think about kids, family, friends or basically anyone else on the planet except themselves.  Especially after they sell their first masterpiece. 

wherein windy_moon jumps to the defense of Fortune Sims one more time, cue broken record

Promise, promise, promise, swear on my poodle's head...my Fortune Sims are, almost without fail, good, family oriented Sims. 

They generally don't spin an independent want to have a baby, but once the kids are there -- they spin wants to teach them to talk and walk, wants to interact with them, lots of wants for interaction with their spouses.

I play a lot of Fortune Sims because I like them.  Maybe I've just developed the unconcious knack for pushing their wants & personaltiies toward their families (since virtually all my stories are about families)....generally, my Fortune Sims spin more family or relationship wants than anything else...including "buy me buy me buy me".  Let them earn a little money, buy a this or that along the way, and they will concentrate on their family.

Does not help the OP, but I do so hate to see my Fortune Sims misunderstood!
 Wink

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 27, 20:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the adopt a kid one in Andrea Hogan when she got joined to one of my sims. She was a fortune sim. But her spouse already had two kids...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 27, 20:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wherein windy_moon jumps to the defense of Fortune Sims one more time, cue broken record

Promise, promise, promise, swear on my poodle's head...my Fortune Sims are, almost without fail, good, family oriented Sims. 

They generally don't spin an independent want to have a baby, but once the kids are there -- they spin wants to teach them to talk and walk, wants to interact with them, lots of wants for interaction with their spouses.

I play a lot of Fortune Sims because I like them.  Maybe I've just developed the unconcious knack for pushing their wants & personaltiies toward their families (since virtually all my stories are about families)....generally, my Fortune Sims spin more family or relationship wants than anything else...including "buy me buy me buy me".  Let them earn a little money, buy a this or that along the way, and they will concentrate on their family.

Does not help the OP, but I do so hate to see my Fortune Sims misunderstood!
 Wink

I must be playing mine differently.  Job->money->skill->job->MONEY!   Besides, they don't need defending.  I love that about them.  So easy to please!  Especially since the flowerbed wants have been cremated. 
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 27, 21:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be playing mine differently.  Job->money->skill->job->MONEY!   Besides, they don't need defending.  I love that about them.  So easy to please!  Especially since the flowerbed wants have been cremated. 

Grin.

They are easy to please, knowledge Sims, too.  You can set up endless chains of acquisition (either things or skills) with either of them...but it doesn't do much for family stories so I don't encourage it. 

A good chunk of the threads around here divert into either Fortune or Romance Sims being bad parents, and I always end up jumping in about Fortune Sims, hence the "broken record" part of my post.  Everyone can feel free to yawn.

Okay, posting my first picture here.  I apologize for the crappy quality.  I run my graphics on low because I have undiagnosed freezing problems with the game.

I did nothing special to get Freddie to roll these wants as he came home from work.  I just went into one of my Fortune Sims houses to take a picture of wants.  He's not Perma Plat (hasn't made 100K yet), but he wants to make out with his wife, see his toddler grow up well, play with his toddler, talk & play with a friend....

Also looks as if he could use a trip to the john.  Cheesy

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 27, 22:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windy moon, I am on your side. The only fortune sim I have played was Komei. He is always Fortune sim, in each install - and I always see in him wants about his kids. True, he has fortune wants too, but always keeps a rectangle about the kids.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 27, 22:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played too many fortune Sims, but the two that stand out in my mind are Marisa Bendett and Marylena Hamilton (grocery delivery, not fugly townie  Wink).

Marisa very rarely rolled wants that were related to her family, she was the one always interested in shrubs and electronic equipment.  I didn't play Marylena very long, so I'm not sure what she was most interested in, but I do think she was more focused on her daughter than her husband, a family Sim, was.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 27, 22:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my custom hood, I try to keep a well-rounded variety of aspirations with my sims, so I have quite a few fortune sims.  (Haven't tried the pleasure aspiration yet, though.)

Most of my fortune sims have aspirations related to their children, usually wanting them to be overachievers when they're teens.  I have had one or two that just wanted "stuff" - and usually stuff they didn't have the simoleons for!  Yeah, they might keep wanting to sell a masterpiece over and over (or a great novel), but they usually have at least one relating to a child of theirs.

Since I haven't tried the pleasure asp, I can't say anything about it, but every other aspiration DOES have wants that relate to their children.  I think it may have to do with the relationship between the parent and child.  It seems like the better the relationship, the more likely they will want something related to that child.

My knowledge sims always want to teach their toddlers to walk, talk, and be potty-trained.  Then as teens they want them to get scholarships and go to college.

I can't think of any particular asp I've had for a parent sim that was overly un-family oriented.  If they don't want to do anything with the kids or have any wants for them, it seems to be in their personality.  I have had one or two who, even with high relationships, just didn't care about anything but painting (or some other playful thing to do.)

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 27, 22:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A good chunk of the threads around here divert into either Fortune or Romance Sims being bad parents, and I always end up jumping in about Fortune Sims, hence the "broken record" part of my post.  Everyone can feel free to yawn.

No yawning, here. I feel the need to defend my romance sims all the time. They're good family guys. Really!
And I've just started playing fortune sims more. I have a few fortune teens, now, so it's a nice change of pace. So far, they've been easy-peasy to play.
Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 28, 00:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I really love about fortune sims is that they act like knowledge sims as long as they need that skill for their job. Along with the 3000+ bonus for promotions and the Earn x simoleons want, they really do work out nicely.

Still, I have some problems with fortune teens. Can't they at least earn as much as a Wal-Mart job?  : Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2005 December 28, 00:24:21 by Yay » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 28, 00:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No yawning, here. I feel the need to defend my romance sims all the time. They're good family guys. Really!
And I've just started playing fortune sims more. I have a few fortune teens, now, so it's a nice change of pace. So far, they've been easy-peasy to play.
I have a good mix of aspirations in my custom hood and dont have a problem with any of them so Im not sure what the gripe is with the basic aspirations by far my most neglectful parents are my family sims ,,,,,,,,,,But a hood without family sims wouldnt make any sense anymore than a hood with out fortune or pleasure sims makes sense.as far as pleasure sims and parenting like all aspirations much depends on the personality of the sim rather than the aspiration!

agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 28, 00:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romance sims I have that also have families have not been worse parents than sims with other aspirations, and in some cases are better.  That is, once they got over those fears of engagement and marriage.  Interestingly, they have far fewer of the "woo-hoo/make out with thousands of sims" wants than formerly.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 28, 00:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romance sims always make great parents in my n'hoods  Cheesy  If I let them keep their kids that is *laughs*  the idea for a orphanage caught my interest so now I must make one for all the unwanted kids (gotta love risky woohoo) that my romance sims didn't plan to have  Wink  *loves Inges teleporterplus shrub*

When I play I always get storylines going thru my head and right now I'm setting up a Mayor-wanna-be. His "dirty little secrets" won't be so secret when his bastards grow up (the romance sim moms will get "paid off" and the kids will be dropped (teleported) at the orphanage)  He will eventually become Mayor and will live really nice for awhile and then everyone will discover his whores an bastards, he will get fired and will age to elder badly Wink

I'm making an effort to use all the ASPs (except cheese so far) now, before I tended to stick to romance, knowledge and family. So far I'm enjoying them all but then I do have some of the "want hacks" so that curbs some of the more annoying wants  Wink

Last night I got a huge shock!  One of my female romance sims, actually rolled the want to get married! while on a date with another sim  Roll Eyes  (she was actually the date and not the "asker") Then she rolled the fear marriage want to That sim (of course) but Then she rolled the want to marry the sim she was on the date with! and she never rolled the fear marriage want for him! She didn't get her "wish" tho cause the sim that asked her on the date was my "mayor-wanna-be" and he had to marry a "good upstanding sim" and not some "dirty whore" that he had just gotten pregnant Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 28, 00:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my share of Roamnce Parents and they are awesome........ My orphanage Personage is none other than Don Lothario although his home for unwanted children is empty at the Moment that is subject to change at any given time with the inteenimzator and so on in my game. I know from experience Don Lothario is an awesome parent even when the babies just suddenly"appear" out of nowhere he adopts them and gives them a loving home courtesy of Inge's shrub! Grin

agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 28, 09:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Don; just look at all the things we've done to him.

In my game, he broke up with Cassandra and met a CAS sim named John Newhouse, another romance sim.  They hit it off, John moved in, they got engaged, then married in a lovely outdoor ceremony, and currently have four boys.  Who knew?   Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 28, 14:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh but Don appears to be up for the challenge. I actually like Don Lothario and got a genetic clone of him in my cuustom hood simply because he fits the bill as a loving parent for unwanted babies,Cassandra Goth on the other hand is to prissy for me  so she can stay in pleasant view.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: