More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:43:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Brandi Broke's Third Child??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Brandi Broke's Third Child??  (Read 43579 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Brandi Broke's Third Child??
« on: 2005 December 24, 07:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have reloaded Pleasantville seven times.  Two times with base game,three times with Uni, and twice with NL.  Every time(except this time) Brandi Brokes third child was a boy with black hair and blue eyes.  He looked just like her.  So, this last reinstall the baby was a girl and had green eyes(still an infant so I don;t know what color hair she has).  Has NL changed this?   Cause the last that I knew, Brandi always has a boy as the thrid child.  Has anyone else had a different third child?
« Last Edit: 2005 December 27, 16:55:53 by Process Denied » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Another NL Phenomenon??
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 24, 08:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a reason for this. Pre-NL, Skip Broke was classified as "unlinked". This meant that Brandi's last child was always treated as "self-pollination", where all the simDNA comes from a single parent and the gender is always the reverse of the parent.

Post-NL, they appear to have resolved the wigginess of partly-mulched sims, and so Skip Broke's DNA is being tapped again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 24, 10:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm odd

I played the Broke house brand new after NL install and Brandi still had her little clone.

However I do believe I had resurrected Skip at that time before she had him..no idea if that made a difference or not.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 24, 10:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, I'd resurrected Skip, and the third child was still the boy who looks like Brandi.  (I always give him blond hair, though, I always think he looks much better as a blond!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 24, 16:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had reinstalled when NL was released and I got the clone also--but thinking back on it he did look slightly different--not much.  It was the reinstall after it.  I hope she doesn't look like Skip.  I miss Chad.  Maybe I'll have her pollinate herself so I can get Chad back.  Thanx JM.  That explains it. 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 25, 02:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clone here as well and it was before I ressurected Skip.  I guess everybody is missing him! Cheesy
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 25, 05:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled after NL and Brandi's third was the clone too, at least I thought so. I assumed it would be the black haired, grey eyed boy so I haven't looked at him very closely. It's possible he could have Skip's green eyes instead and I haven't closely looked at his facial structure either to see if there are any differences this time. Perhaps I should load up the game and take a close look at him. I haven't resurrected Skip so I don't know either if that makes a difference.

Edit- took a close look at Robert (Brand's third kid) and physically he seems the same. Black hair, grey eyes and similar facial structure to the Robert I had before the reinstall. But his personality is varied from Brandi's now, where before in my Pleasantview the previous Robert had the same exact personality as Brandi.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 25, 15:59:24 by cabelle » Logged
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 25, 16:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never even entered the Broke house until after installing NL, and I hadn't resurrected Skip either.  She had the little clone, who I named "Stone", following the Broke family tradition of ridiculous names.  It ends with him, btw, as there is no way I'm going to name any third-generation children either "Flat" or "Skip".  Although, I'm a little tempted, if twins appear again, to name them "Skip" and "Stone" . . .
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 25, 18:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My third child has never had the same peronality as Brandi, he's either been a Libra or a Leo, usually Leo.  And when a Leo, he's only ever had one point for niceness!  All, the same, he's probably my favourite Maxis character when a Leo, as a Libra he's a wuss, so if I get Libra I change him in SimPE!

Zephyr Zodiac
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 26, 01:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a reason for this. Pre-NL, Skip Broke was classified as "unlinked". This meant that Brandi's last child was always treated as "self-pollination", where all the simDNA comes from a single parent and the gender is always the reverse of the parent.

Post-NL, they appear to have resolved the wigginess of partly-mulched sims, and so Skip Broke's DNA is being tapped again.

I've heard that they fixed the Strangetown DNA too.  But it only show up on new Strangetown neighborhoods after NL.

Just coincidence but it works.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 26, 04:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case the problem I have is after I ressurected Skip, if I make Brandi and Skip have another child, no matter what I do they always end-up with a boy.  I did a back-up prior doing this:  I made them have 3 other child no matter how many times I reloaded the lot to have another gender all 3 were boys, I quit the game reloaded.... nothing could change that.  I guess with him she can only have boys, I know with other sims she can have both.

Did any of you tried to have other children with that couple and did you also ended-up with boys only?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 27, 19:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case the problem I have is after I ressurected Skip, if I make Brandi and Skip have another child, no matter what I do they always end-up with a boy.  I did a back-up prior doing this:  I made them have 3 other child no matter how many times I reloaded the lot to have another gender all 3 were boys, I quit the game reloaded.... nothing could change that.  I guess with him she can only have boys, I know with other sims she can have both.

Did any of you tried to have other children with that couple and did you also ended-up with boys only?
Brandi Broke in my custom hood and Skip Broke in  my custom hood are gentic clones of the original and their thirdchild together was a girl

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Brandi Broke's Third Child??
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 27, 20:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try it another time but this time will make sure another Sims gets a baby before she does.

Thanks Banglenuts, I am sure now they can finally have a baby girl.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 28, 00:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the thre boys in my cloned game since Skip wasn't resurrected at that point and Brandi had had the third child, so I just cloned all of them.  She hasn't had another child since, so I don't know what it will be, and if I wasn't really busy in another hood I'd go back and find out!  Something to bear in mind though!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 28, 05:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far still no success in getting a girl in original Pleasantview with Skip and Brandi... *Doh!* I think I am gonna cry...  She did had girls with other male Sim I matched her in the past but my game won't give me a girl for that particular couple.

I am gonna forget about the idea since I am getting really upset... Anyway, she have 4 boys now (well actually she had 8 but I did not kept them) which is a lot more children than my Sims normally have, she should be really happy with that, gne!

Why me!!!  Cry (Sorry, I needed to sound pathetic)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 28, 05:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I brought back Skip I tried for a baby with them (hoping for a girl of course)  Nope.  TWIN BOYS.  I never had them try again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 28, 05:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she could always cheat on him with Don - she had a girl when she was married to him in my game!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 28, 06:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I brought back Skip I tried for a baby with them (hoping for a girl of course)  Nope.  TWIN BOYS.  I never had them try again.
She Just had a baby girl as her 3rds child with Skip's genetic clone in my custom hood
.Brandi is a genetic clone in my custom hood and Beau and Dustin are there and her newborn daughter thast sim enhancer indicates will be black haired and green eyed with skips skintone

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 28, 06:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think a lot depends on how many other baby girls there are compared to boys in the neighbourhood.  If most other babies and toddlers are boys, then you have a greater chance of a girl.  At one time, for instance, I thought that gay male couples could only adopt boys, as that's all they ever seemed to get, but recently I've had one or two girls adopted by gay males, so I think it's really all just a matter of statistics (and chance).  But if, for example, you move a male townie into your game, and don't have notownieregeneration, then the replacement townie will probably be male.

So, before you get Brandi pregnant, you could try going into CAS and creating a family with three or four toddlers (all boys) (or maybe a couple of families!) and see whether this alters the balance enough.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 28, 08:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

at the moment my neighborhood is dominated by a run of girls being born The births are as follows girls:Lauren,Cynthia,Lisette,Yvonne,Yvette,Andrea,Diana ,Theresa,Eternity and Alexis. Boys: Nathan,Eric,Dante,Martin and Patrick 15 Babies   10 girls 5 boys. CAS Toddlers Elaine,Annette,Amanda and Janey
  Boys: Thomas,Bobby and Beau  . however Imused to getting strings of a certain sex only for it to reverse and go the opposite direction

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 28, 09:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, seems as though the game just counts, say to 5, then changes to the opposite sex, I haven't actually checked my game for numbers, but it probably follows that kind of pattern.  Maybe now I have the awesome new lot counter toy installed, I'll keep better track of things like that.

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 28, 09:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how by repeating the same birth over an over again (without saving) you usually get both girls and boys, it seems unlikely the game makes the decision based on the number of male and female sims in the neighborhood. It appears completely random in my opinion. I've repeated twin and triplet births for countless of times, with different results on every try (when I've been trying to get a certain combination of genetics, mostly to get green-skinned but non-ugly babies  Cheesy)

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 28, 09:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually had an ugly alien baby in my game - but some of them turn into really wierd toddlers!  And maybe if you have a fairly even number of both sexes, the game will make random choices, but I must say I have noticed there tend to be runs of first one sex and then the other, just haven't noticed how many before it changes.

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 28, 10:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some alien babies are born without noses...matters on your definition of ugly, doesn't it. Some of those alien toddlers are freakish looking.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 28, 13:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my alien babies look exactly the same!  And I've never had one without a nose!  But occasionally I've had a toddler with a very tiny nose, and it's come as a complete surprise because, as I say, as babies they looked just the same as all the others.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: