More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:05:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting all sims question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting all sims question  (Read 5202 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Deleting all sims question
« on: 2005 December 05, 09:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to start a new neighborhood.  However I don't want to start with all the regular old townies you always get whenever you start a new 'hood.  I've played them 8 billion times and am totally sick of them.  I want to delete them all however I still want some townies spawned in my game.  If I use the deleteallcharacters cheat and let townies respawn..will the still be the same old ones you always get in custom 'hoods..or will new totally different ones spawn in their place?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Deleting all sims question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 05, 09:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience is that new townies respawn.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 05, 10:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep, new characters every time.

things I've noticed:

generating downtownies results in only adults and teens - no elders or children.

if you first create 5 sims and make them townies with Inge's shrub, when generating townies, it will go through adults, teens, and then will run out of townies to make before it starts looking at children.

dormies can only be generated in a uni neighbourhood - 55 of them!  I would probably recommend letting dormies spawn as required.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 05, 14:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there not a situation mentioned by Pescador where after a while, all the new characters generated for the townies would be Aries?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 05, 18:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found after using deleteallcharacters that the NPC's respawned were much better. Well, not all had issues, but the respawned nannies definately seemed better than those I got in the usual neighbourhoods.
I got kids as well as adult and teens, though I did the 'townie respawn' thing and got the whole lot of them at once. It was nice to see new faces, though I seemed to get a lot more of those horrible mullets and afros.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 05, 21:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks...I started a new hood and it seems that I am getting new townies.

I guess if they all are Aries that sourta sucks but I can always tweak them with SimPe if need be.

Not really concerned about dormies...in fact there probably won 't be any spawned in my case for a long time b/c I rarely if ever play dorms.    In fact I rush them through Uni as quick as I can unless I'm trying to fulfill certain LTWs that need that extra lifestage to make them more feasible. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 06, 01:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found after using deleteallcharacters that the NPC's respawned were much better. Well, not all had issues, but the respawned nannies definately seemed better than those I got in the usual neighbourhoods.
I got kids as well as adult and teens, though I did the 'townie respawn' thing and got the whole lot of them at once. It was nice to see new faces, though I seemed to get a lot more of those horrible mullets and afros.

Not in my new neighborhood they aren't!  I have three maids ( all female) and one of them walks past her employer's lots at night and kicks over the dutbin!  In another custom hood, I got two male maids in pink shirts, one was really ugly till I used Merolas mirror to get him to use the plastic surgery table, but he was actually quite cute!  I think it just varies.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 06, 09:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my new neighborhood they aren't!  I have three maids ( all female) and one of them walks past her employer's lots at night and kicks over the dutbin!  In another custom hood, I got two male maids in pink shirts, one was really ugly till I used Merolas mirror to get him to use the plastic surgery table, but he was actually quite cute!  I think it just varies.

Now what did you do with the maid to cause her to behave like that? heh heh
Actually, I wasn't talking about appearances, just behaviour, and nanny behaviour specifically. I actually got good ones when I re-spawned them previously.
I just deleted characters from a new neighbourhood and am letting NPCs respawn as required, they aren't all Aries by the way, in fact, I haven't seen one yet. So far I only have 2 maids (male- one of them named Goopy with Nervous subject's face in tan, yikes) a dark pizza guy with a blonde mullet, (ape face) paper girl (also ape face) mailwoman and I suppose a bus driver.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 06, 12:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think all poor Don did was to give her a tip!  I mean, if that means the maid decides to come and kick the trashcan, they can do without any tips and live on the pittance they earn as maids!

I think what it is, I haven't any of my sims who are furious enough with each other to go on the rampage at night so the game is generating it's own!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 24, 02:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me for digging up an old thread, but this seemed to be the topic that most closely addressed my current situation.  I just started a new neighborhood that I am using for a new legacy (fourth attempt, no successful completions yet  Undecided).  I deleted all characters and sent my founder to Uni.  I've got dormies and SS members and NPC's, but when I send her downtown there are no townies or downtownies.  Did I miss a step?  

I tried creating a random CAS Sim and moving him into a house in the main neighborhood, and in the first day there was one teenager who walked by and then the welcome wagon which consisted of only 1 Sim.  And when I send him to a community lot there are again only NPC's on the lot.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 24, 02:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I personally do when I create a custom hood is after I deleted all characters, I create a Sim and put in a house in regular hood, then I use boolprop testingcheats to create both townies and NPC's. 

I do the same in University section that is placing a YA in a private house (I use familyfunds cheat to add money so the sim can move in a private house) from there you use boolprop to create townies again but it will only create YA townies and all the NPC related to University (do not use the NPC option while in college since it will create another set of maid, gardener, etc).  I do create downtown townie but not downtown NPC since I notice it makes all the Sims you create afterward have unrelated aspiration/LTW.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 24, 02:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the cheat I need to enter after I type "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" to create townies, etc.?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 24, 08:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can shift-click on the letterbox and select 'create townies' from there.  If you do it on campus you get young adults (I've done it in dorms, doesn't need to be a residential lot), in the main hood you get ordinary townies.

I use it to replace the default townies.  And I use AllenABQ's default face templates so my new young adults aren't the same faces with different names.

Haven't tried it downtown.  The downtownies aren't unbearably ugly - although I am starting to get a little bored with the same faces on the downtownies.  But I've heard if you let the game respawn downtownies you get the same faces back.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 24, 10:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You definitely get the same faces, although with different names, if you play in a custom hood.  I haven't really investigated, but I wouldn't be surprised if the personalities are identical too.  They definitely have the same friends among the dormies.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 24, 18:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get townies and dormies regenerated after deleting all characters.  Thank you to each of you for your help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: