More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:59:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Blind date problems.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blind date problems.  (Read 2273 times)
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Blind date problems.
« on: 2005 December 22, 16:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to know if anybody has run into this problem. I have a YA Pleasure sim whose LTW is 50 first dates. So I'm doing what JM suggested in another thread and doing assembly-line dates: ask for blind date, pay §111, get date. Repeat until gypsy leaves. Only sometimes, the date doesn't actually start; I get the person, but I don't get the date meter or the blue plumbob, and therefore no memory of a first date, and I've wasted time and money. It doesn't seem to be time-related, i.e. too early or late, although I haven't studied that too closely or scientifically.

Any ideas why this is happening? The YA is in a dorm, but I don't know that it makes any difference, since she is able to have blind dates maybe two-thirds of the time.

Other info: I do have some hacks, but not a lot, and none from other sites. I don't have the romance mod, and I don't have any mods having to do with dating.

PS--I won't be around much until this evening, so I'm not ignoring my thread: I just won't be here.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Blind date problems.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 22, 16:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to continue a little bit the date, to enable the clock to start. Only after that, you can choose "end date", and call again the jipsy. Otherwise, the simulator doesn't know when to start the date clock.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 22, 19:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me too Clem. I think it is because I moved/rotated lot while the sim was in the house...but it might not be!
*watches thread with interest*

clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 22, 23:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Gali and Emma. Gali, I thought that at first, too, that maybe I wasn't giving the timer a chance to start, but sometimes, after the gypsy introduces Pomona (the YA Pleasure sim) to her date, the date wanders off to play the pinball machine, and nothing else happens. I can click on the date and do normal interactions, but it's still not a date. The option "ask on date" is there, but unless the relationship is high, the answer is always no. It's as though the game just treats the blind date as a visitor.

Emma, I haven't touched the lot since establishing it. But it did come out of the Lots Bin as a default dorm. I'm reluctant to think that I have a buggy lot, since the problem isn't consistent.

Oh. I forgot. I also have the hack where teens and kids don't have a curfew. I found a link for it on in thread somewhere on MATY. Monica's....something. But again, it's puzzling that the problem isn't consistent, at least not that I can tell.

I will turn on the debug mode later this evening and see if I can reproduce the failure and get an error log.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: