More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:16:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't find neighbor error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't find neighbor error  (Read 5005 times)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Can't find neighbor error
« on: 2005 December 20, 22:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem - I decided to nuke all my downtownies/townies, and so before that I went through all my Sims memories and removed all their invisible memories and any references to the townies to avoid the corruption. Lots of Sims, but it seemed to go okay. However, I accidentally deleted a furious token on one of the Sims, and now he has an error. It seems to have to do with his idling processes, where the random furiousness bubble would come up. I made him furious with that Sim again and let it go away naturally, but he still has idling trouble. The Bathroom Controller goes into an infinite jumpy loop if he tries to use the toilet/shower - without the controller he just jumps out of the interaction. He jumps out of the interactions a lot while trying to give bottles to toddlers, etc, though he can do other normal social interactions while controllable. Mostly he'll just stand frozen in one place if I don't have him doing something.

My question is, is this fixable at all, or should I just get used to using various hacks in place of the toilet/shower for him? That's the big problem of the whole thing. I can provide an error log when I'm on my own computer, if needed. The error given is 'neighbor not found' or something odd like that, but in the log it indicates the idle processes.

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't find neighbor error
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 20, 22:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you broke it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 20, 22:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, drat. Heh. I suppose if all else fails I can replace him from a backup or something, but I don't know if that will affect the other Sims he used to be furious with. They seem okay. At any rate the furiousness is over now as I played him several days and sent him to college, but the jumping continues. I try to Power Idle him and the icon wouldn't stay in his queue at all...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 20, 22:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like the problem I had with several sims in one of my hoods, I tried cloning replacements, but as fast as I replaced on faulty sim, another one got the bug.  So I cloned the entire hood and put all of them into a custom hood and then started again.

One thing does occur to me, though - has the sim your sim is furious with still got the original furious token?

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 23:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like the problem I had with several sims in one of my hoods, I tried cloning replacements, but as fast as I replaced on faulty sim, another one got the bug.  So I cloned the entire hood and put all of them into a custom hood and then started again.

One thing does occur to me, though - has the sim your sim is furious with still got the original furious token?

They may still have the furious reverse - I'm not sure, this is a Romance Sim who's achieved the permaplat from WooHoo with 20 Sims so she has a lot of furious going on *grin* Even with the Romance Mod test in, an elder she must have WooHooed with when she was a teenager and never since (and she's almost an elder herself, now) stormed in and beat the crap out of the Sim she'd just finished WooHooing. So... yeah. I wouldn't be sure which furious token it is, unless I can get everyone un-furious with her. (Time for a lot of apologizing/butt-kissing...)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 20, 23:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you have a new challenge!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 20, 23:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, true enough!

And in case it's of any interest at all, here's that error log.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 21, 13:11:46 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 21, 13:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem appears to be in the attraction code. Apparently the game must be storing a list of who the sim is attracted to so they can think about it when they're idling, and this is what is causing the game to explode. You may have to delete those tokens also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 21, 14:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's what was causing my problems too!  Both sims that started to jump were romance and attracted to loads of sims!  I thought the problem was to do with the restaurant podium appearing in their memories when they had only ever been to a restaurant as non-playable sims.  But the attraction thing makes sense!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 22, 16:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim in question did have an attraction token without one of those 'was attracted to so-and-so' icons afterward (usually has the art career lifetime want icon next to it - but you didn't make those available as lifetime wants, Maxis??). I imagine he was attracted to one of the townies I nuked and I just removed the marker, not the token. I'll edit the post if it doesn't work for some reason, but J.M.'s probably right about the cause, as usual! *grin* Many thanks!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 22, 16:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably there is code in there for an Art Career LTW then?  Odd that it should be appearing though.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 22, 17:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem when I deleted characters and managed to work out the cause by checking the error log, which suggested that I had several Sims attracted to their driveways and one attracted to a slice of pizza (somehow I knew this wasn't right, not even my Sims are that peculiar).  It's as has been said, they are retaining an attraction marker for a Sim that has been deleted.  From what I can see, they only retain the most recent attraction marker, so go into SimPE and delete it.  Do this for all characters who get this error, I guarantee they'll have an attraction marker.   This will cure the problem.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 22, 17:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I find the answer - after I've cloned a whole hood!  That's The Sims2 for you!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 22, 22:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I find the answer - after I've cloned a whole hood!  That's The Sims2 for you!
LOL the answer always appears after we take long and tedious steps to fix serious problems

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 22, 23:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it just! Roll Eyes

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: