More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:52:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The nicest thing I just found out today (gee I feel stupid)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The nicest thing I just found out today (gee I feel stupid)  (Read 18091 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: The nicest thing I just found out today (gee I feel stupid)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 24, 18:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also found out you could center a sim with the right click on their icon just a week ago! I was pleasantly shocked  Shocked

However, I just saw something while I was killing off a household of sims. I was disappointed after I created them in CAS and saw that in the shower and when they're naked, their bodies are totally invisible. So I created them again and didn't want to decorate the awesome house again, and I decided to kill them off. After the last sim died, I got a message saying I was successful in killing all my sims and clearing out my house. It also said that "this is a simulation game and you're supposed to help keep your sims alive!" (duh) And it said "We aren't implying you meant to kill all of your sims, even if you did, we wouldn't blame you (or something) and you can quit without saving and try again" Continuing : "If you decide not to quit without saving, your now empty house shouldn't go to waste and you should probably move some new sims in Cheesy I hit printscreen but then as I was deleting the urns, I pressed it again, so I'm sorry not to be able to show you Cheesy

Now I sit with a lump in my throught, totally guilty, thinking, I'm caught.

I try to exit to the neighborhood and I see I have the no selectable icons back. I can't select the neighborhood icon, the save icon or the exit icon, but I can click the build/buy modes. The bug is back. Is there a fix, I have all EP's and is there any way to get to the neighborhood without quitting the whole game from task manager and restarting?

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 25, 02:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use JMP FFS lotdebugger.  Place it on the lot (it is in the miscellanous section under miscellanous) and select the option "reenable controls".  It should fix that.  Here is a direct link for that mod:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=72.0

Happy holidays!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 25, 02:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And even sicker most of my IRL friends play so my poor lover bug has no excape from people talking about  this "stupid game".
Poor guy.
Yes, but how many of those people come to More Awesome Than You, and how many are losers who have wasted their lives sniffing subway seats?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 25, 09:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you MissDoh! I never thought I would need the lot debugger before, and I saw that my efforts of creating teen sims and sending them off to college and graduating them totally with twojeffs' college adjuster was so unneccessary, now I can upgrade my sims and have a solution for upcoming bugs Cheesy

Happy Holidays to you  Wink
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 25, 10:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, blubug, I, like Maxis, would never presume to judge you for killing off an entire family because you didn't want to redecorate  Grin .... I'll just mention that, should you find yourself in a similar situation again, death is not the only answer!

Inge has a lovely "stay things shrub" available on Simlogical. 

http://simlogical.com/

Look under dowloads > misc hacks

You can set your house so that everything stays put when you move a family out. 

(I virtually never kill Sims, myself, just my thing.  In TS1, I wanted the rich old people's house (what were their names), and I wanted it as is.  I must have had too much wine to drink one night and decided to kill them off for the house so I could move one of my families in.  I mean, all the other kids were blithely killing their Sims, right?  Killed them both in the pool.  It was horrible.   Tongue  And then, because I had Unleashed, it turned out I had to kill their cats too!.  Took days for them to die.  I am honestly still upset by the event, years later!  Cry  )

Do appreciate your sharing the very funny Maxis message! 

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 25, 10:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I remember TS1, killing the poor animals.  That to me was far more upsetting than killing off the Sims.  I didn't care a whit about that, but waiting for the animals to die was gutwrenching, to say the least.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 26, 18:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha! dear diary, today i learnt lots of stuffs i didn't know before. i have to thank them all.

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 27, 04:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this must be my week, never knew that while a Sim repairs a trash compactor and it get electrocuted fire could catch in the compactor!

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 27, 04:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be the week for that to happen.  Happened to one of my sims this week when he tried to fix the trash compacter - electrocution plus fire.  He'd only gotten married that day, too.  Fortunately his wife was able to plead with the grim reaper and save his life.

Mind you if the wife had been pregnant already I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to save him, simply because I rarely get electrocution deaths, nearly all of my sims end up dying of old age.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 27, 05:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the trash compactor bugged so that your sim gets electrocuted every time he tries to repair it? Either that or I've just had a really bad run of luck with trash compactors all game -- even my repairmen can't fix them!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 27, 09:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my repairman gets zapped often too fixing trash compactors haha. maybe they're just stupid

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 27, 18:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that my mechanics (8+) sims can repair the evil trash compactor, as long as they're not tired.  Which makes total sense to me. 
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 27, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not  a sadist or anything, but the knowledge sims want to be saved from death so often, I have to try killing them. I had a broken trash compactor once and I didn't want to cheat too bad, so I just moved a water puddle from the broken sink, I tried 8 times before giving up and cheating. Seems like those sims are super sims. Never even a fire with low-no cooking skills! I just hate the knowledge aspiration, the only good part is the max all skills lifetime want Cheesy

And I just found out sim parents can take their kids to school by car- I really should pay enough to have my toddlers grow up into kids before coming up with a new family or house idea. Seems my life is just a large mess of unfinished projects. Better get the macrotastics  and concentrate.  Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 27, 20:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually if their fun and energy level are low when they try to repair something there is a bigger chance they get electrocuted.  My Sims got electrocuted more often while trying to repair the tv than anything else in the house.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 27, 20:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims tend to get electrocuted with the computer, but that is probably because they all have computers, and rarely, if ever, have TV's.  The trash compactor gets replaced when it breaks, and I never let them try to fix it.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 27, 22:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this must be my week, never knew that while a Sim repairs a trash compactor and it get electrocuted fire could catch in the compactor!

I haven't had the trash compactor catch fire, but just a couple of weeks ago one of my sims decided to autonomously repair her computer and got electrocuted and the computer caught fire.  Managed to get one of her teens to call the fire dept. and put everything out.

I don't seem to get many electrocutions any more.  Maybe they're just too high in mechanical skills.  Usually, if they get a little shock, they quit trying.  I have to keep making them repair over and over, but they usually get it fixed without getting zapped.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 27, 23:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get rid of the electrical charges that surround the sim when they've been electrocuted, but not enough to die?  It has been several sim days, and she still has them.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 27, 23:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get rid of the electrical charges that surround the sim when they've been electrocuted, but not enough to die?  It has been several sim days, and she still has them.

1. Take a shower
2. Use the dresser to change their clothes
3. Use the mirror to change their appearance

One of these three has always worked for me. YMMV
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 27, 23:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, simmiecal.  This is in my daughter's game, she has tried the shower and dresser, but I can almost guarantee she hasn't tried the mirror.  I'll let her know when she gets home from work, and she will be a happy camper!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 30, 01:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to use the mirror to change appearance but for it to work you must select a "full face" make-up.  Once you put it, just remove it and then save.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 31, 00:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She tried both mirror options, and neither one worked.  Then she asked how to delete her like we did in Sims 1, so I told her how and that removed the charges.  She says thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: