More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:53:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373140 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #525 on: 2008 January 29, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again? Stupid NL bugs. Does this happen with "nl-anticrash" installed from the Director's Cut? We can try to track this down, but without NL, it mostly involves changing random things and seeing if it still crashes. It is recommended that you simply upgrade to a stable engine, NL's engine is very, very buggy. Try this test with free will disabled, and see if it crashes when you mouseover. This would be easier to track down live, but nobody here has an NL-only install anymore.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 29, 03:51:20 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: 2008 January 29, 11:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the basegame/anygame starter on a regular basis, so if you need something testing just give me a shout. I have NL only installed at the moment.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2008 January 29, 12:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, try to use BUY with free will off and let me know at what point it explodes. And again, the problem is the lack of real-time feedback. It does little good to have a turnaround of hours. Someone needs to do this in the chat. Also, death to Emmas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: 2008 January 29, 15:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, will do. If I can get in chat I will.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: 2008 January 29, 16:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Went in-game, loaded up a pre-made house & family. Free will is activated. Paused the game to place BUY, unpaused. 2 seconds later crash to desktop. NL only & NL DC installed.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2008 January 29, 16:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is exactly why this won't work, because a certain STUPID EMMA CANNOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2008 January 29, 16:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psst:

Well, try to use BUY with free will off and let me know at what point it explodes.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: 2008 January 29, 16:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops. Embarrassed That was just a test to see if you were all paying attention.
I'll go and do it properly now Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: 2008 January 29, 16:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free will off- power idle. Macro>power idle, sims used the bathroom automatically. No crash.
Free will off- no power idle. I directed the sims to use the bathroom by directly clicking on the controller (for one sim) and macro>use bathroom on the other sim. No crash.
Free will on-power idle. Used bathroom automatically and also when directed by clicking on the controller. No crash.
Free will on-no power idle. Crashed immediately.

CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2008 January 30, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free will off- power idle. Macro>power idle, sims used the bathroom automatically. No crash.
Free will off- no power idle. I directed the sims to use the bathroom by directly clicking on the controller (for one sim) and macro>use bathroom on the other sim. No crash.
Free will on-power idle. Used bathroom automatically and also when directed by clicking on the controller. No crash.
Free will on-no power idle. Crashed immediately.

What Emma said.

Then I spawned a tombstone of L&D and it crashed after several seconds. (No actions except clicking on it and generating a pie menu.) No idea if THAT crash was related to BUY as I don't think I've spawned one since I installed NL.

You've convinced me I need OFB, though.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2008 March 03, 13:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have bathrooms on all my community lots, with 2-3 toilet stalls, 2-3 communal showers and a BUY controller per toilet stall. That worked fine before FT, but yesterday I had a sim 1 shoo a sim 2 (that already was in a toilet stall, but entered the room after sim 1)  out of the room because he wanted to shower. WTF? Needing privacy for a shower somewhat defeats the purpose of a *communal* shower. And I know there weren't any problems pre-FT, so I guess the communal showers are borked now. Could this perhaps be fixed? Oh, and the sim in question isn't even overly shy - I've had sims with fewer outgoing points shower together with others without problems.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2008 March 14, 21:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a residential lot (with a large common restroom facility) that had this problem pre-FT.  I never did figure out what the deal was.  I've done this in other dorms and residential lots with success.  I assumed it was BUY failing badly and rebuilt the facility into several tiny rooms.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2008 March 17, 09:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shooing nuisance is an artifact of the game itself, not BUY. Sims of differing age classes refuse to share the shower area.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2008 March 17, 10:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shooing nuisance is an artifact of the game itself, not BUY. Sims of differing age classes refuse to share the shower area.

I thought already that it was an EAxis issue, I just never witnessed this behaviour pre-FT, so I thought they broke something with this EP that could be easily fixed with a minor tweak of BUY. But if it's always been that way and only age class related anyway, I don't mind.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2008 March 17, 11:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As above, chopping the floor into tiny bits with dividers and making the controller radial-moded tends to fix the shower issue.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2008 March 17, 12:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As above, chopping the floor into tiny bits with dividers and making the controller radial-moded tends to fix the shower issue.
That's so simple that it's brilliant. By the way, I have been wondering how exactly the radius is determined. If I have a radius of 1, is this to be understood as C=D (i.e. BUY controller and bathroom device are on the same tile), or would that be a radius of 0?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2008 March 17, 13:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that is a zero. It will print the detected radial distances when you set the radius, listing all the objects it finds.

axlekitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2008 March 22, 22:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem and I'm not sure if anyone can reproduce it. I am currently using your hacks:

Bathroom uses you
Sleep Clock
Coffee cup Hack
Punch cup Hack
Yellow Pee

I have all expansions and stuff packs
My sim is in the police field, I send him to work after using the clock to make him sleep/wake up. I usually cue a few things up for him to do when he gets home. I have tried the bathroom with seek on and with it off. If the bathroom decides he needs to be used, it will spawn him home from work when he has just left. I've been seeing him "appear" on my lot after he left and isn't due to come home yet. This is making him lose all his jobs b/c the game reports "you missed work!". Please help!

I have all the latest downloads available from this site and I haven't seen this happen before I installed the new expansion.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2008 March 23, 04:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make sure to get the new versions of those hacks for the new EP?
axlekitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2008 March 23, 06:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just dl-d them yesterday Smiley Is there an updated link so I can make sure that is where I got them from?
letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2008 March 24, 01:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you please tell me what radial-moded is? i tried putting a wall divider, but sims keep shooing as long as there's other people in the room =/

thanks!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2008 March 24, 04:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem and I'm not sure if anyone can reproduce it. I am currently using your hacks:

Bathroom uses you
Sleep Clock
Coffee cup Hack
Punch cup Hack
Yellow Pee

Yellow Pee requires yellowpee, yellowpeeobject, noteleportpuddle and vampwerefixes to be installed as well. Make sure you have all of them.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2008 March 24, 10:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you please tell me what radial-moded is?

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

I.  BE USED
        Instructs the bathroom to use the Sim.
II.  CONFIGURE SEARCH ROOM/RADIUS
        ROOM ONLY: Controller will only search for devices inside current room.
        RADIUS: Controller will search for devices within specified radius.
III. CONFIGURE SEEK ON/OFF
        OFF: Bathroom will only use people found loitering in the bathroom.
        ON:  Bathroom will use resident sims as required.
For optimal results, place them at least one per bathroom minimum, preferrably
one per toilet. For optimal results, the "stall" toilets are recommended.

letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2008 March 25, 01:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you. i didn't know radial means radius... x_X

anyway, i assume chopping the floor into tiny bits means you have to put the shower in different rooms, right? (i.e putting walls and doors) coz the divider won't do, sims keep shooing others in the same room when they want to shower...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2008 March 25, 02:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you. i didn't know radial means radius... x_X

anyway, i assume chopping the floor into tiny bits means you have to put the shower in different rooms, right? (i.e putting walls and doors) coz the divider won't do, sims keep shooing others in the same room when they want to shower...

if the shower is in radius of the BUY, they shouldn't be using the shower unless BUY tells them to, in which case it'll kick out other sims wanting to get in the bathroom.

INFP or something
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: