More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:37:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 372332 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #500 on: 2007 March 11, 23:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever put the BUY toilet paper outside? It makes passersby line up at your door. Funny!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2007 March 12, 00:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2007 March 12, 00:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I haven't done that Assmitten.  Before learning how to configure BUY way back when, I did cause a huge queue of dormies trying to get into the opposite genders toilets.  There was a lot of peeing and stuff and it took a while to figure out why they wouldn't just go to the darn toilet.

Anyway, I searched the downloads a little earlier, and I definitely only have the one BUY.  This one shows up and is working normally.

and/or death.

I'm amazed I lasted this long too  Cheesy
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2007 March 12, 22:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and/or death

Ah, so that's what backwards means in this context. Well, there was no death, only a bunch of strangers who would burst in the second the front door opened. My sims made new friends that way!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2007 March 13, 02:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to me that Pes would have approved had there been any deaths.  Roll Eyes
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2007 March 22, 00:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had this come up. In "SubQ - Repair" (0x1026):

Code:
     4: .TEST - Sim Is Desperate?(Me, Stack Object); true: false, false: 5

Will always return false, thus causing desperation deadlock. I think this is the proper params:

Code:
.TEST - Sim Is Desperate?(Me, Const 0x106(Category):0x5=5)

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2007 March 23, 14:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually leave the BYU controllers set at default. But today I decided I wanted to keep visitors out of the master bath. So I set the control to visitors>reject. I didn't change anything else. But the visitors are still using this bathroom.

Also, is there a way to reject playables? One family has a home business with a bathroom in the back for customers. But the playables keep running to this bathroom even though they have to go to the front of the house to go outside, then into the door of the business part of the building, and all the way to the back wall to get to it. Since it only has a toilet and no shower, they then have to go to another bathroom in the house to finish their business. I understand that the Sims think that the bathroom is close because they don't know that they can't go through walls.

I know I could remodel the house, but I would really like the playables to stay out of bathrooms that are there for the customers. I tried using APO, but it doesn't have a way to stop playables unless they are using it autonomously. I tried not using BYU in the customer washrooms, but then they pile up in there to talk.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2007 March 23, 14:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually leave the BYU controllers set at default. But today I decided I wanted to keep visitors out of the master bath. So I set the control to visitors>reject. I didn't change anything else. But the visitors are still using this bathroom.
The bathroom controller will still process even rejected people if you let them in there and get within the field radius, so that BUY is forced to deal with them. The question is, how did they get the in the FIRST place? The use/reject settings are meant to be used in conjunction with making the area impassable by locking the door.

Also, is there a way to reject playables? One family has a home business with a bathroom in the back for customers. But the playables keep running to this bathroom even though they have to go to the front of the house to go outside, then into the door of the business part of the building, and all the way to the back wall to get to it. Since it only has a toilet and no shower, they then have to go to another bathroom in the house to finish their business. I understand that the Sims think that the bathroom is close because they don't know that they can't go through walls.
Noted for next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2007 May 23, 22:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Sims who go into the bathroom with the specific goal of taking a shower are being rejected unless they also have to pee, or the action is user directed.

One sim peed himself and then was repeatedly rejected from the bathroom until I lowered his bladder stats. He was then processed properly.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2007 June 04, 18:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

Like the name of the new Bhav "Function - Main - Handle Stupid Autonomy" in the latest version of BUY, what does it do with stupid autonomy?  Just curious about how it works.

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: 2007 July 18, 16:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Sims who go into the bathroom with the specific goal of taking a shower are being rejected unless they also have to pee, or the action is user directed.

One sim peed himself and then was repeatedly rejected from the bathroom until I lowered his bladder stats. He was then processed properly.

This still hasn't been fixed, as of the beginning of this month which is when I did my last batch update of maty hacks. Is it going to be fixed, Pes?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2007 July 18, 23:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is because in many cases, the shower is unnecessary, and the sim is able to continue to perform duties without it. Since the hygiene motive is noncritical, it is not necessary to specifically satisfy it unless a mood boost is needed, and most likely your sim is perma-plat and cannot benefit from mood adjustment.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2007 July 19, 01:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is because in many cases, the shower is unnecessary, and the sim is able to continue to perform duties without it. Since the hygiene motive is noncritical, it is not necessary to specifically satisfy it unless a mood boost is needed, and most likely your sim is perma-plat and cannot benefit from mood adjustment.

Don't stink clouds make other sims pause to react, and affect romantic interactions if they have a turn-off of stink, and so forth?

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2007 July 19, 03:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't stink clouds make other sims pause to react, and affect romantic interactions if they have a turn-off of stink, and so forth?
No, this only happens if they had empty queues or are walking, anyway. And yes, it does affect romantic interactions, but this can also be a good effect, if your target has a turn-on for the same. Plus, people used to bitch about the unnecessary constant showering, so that's why it's the way it is now: It makes a thorough, detailed evaluation of how necessary the showering REALLY is, taking into account personality factors, as well as a hook for determining the probability your sim will just pee itself again anyway (See Brynne), to determine whether it's worth it.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2007 July 25, 04:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the dumb troubleshooting question of the night: Are you sure you have the right version of BUY? are you sure you only have hacks that are compatible with the Uni & the NL ONLY set up?

I have only the base game installed on my laptop right now and have been getting errors from BUY... but I have some "Not Approved for Base Game" hacks installed also, so I figure my errors are due to that risky behavior and I do not complain.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2007 July 25, 05:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there's a file called "nl-anticrash" in the NL director's cut. Does this still happen with that installed?

Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2007 November 20, 07:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having problems lately on multiple lots with the emptying of the toddler potty. Sim goes into bathroom to flush contents. Said contents sort of vanish and no flushing takes place. Sim is booted out of the bathroom. Afterwards the terlet is "in use" and unusable and has to be deleted with moveobjects on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2007 November 20, 07:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce issue. I place the blame squarely on tight pants. Flush works fine in my game, always has.

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2007 December 25, 03:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone has problems with bigfoot and the bathroom controller?

I have a house with 8 sims, one is bigfoot. When I installed the bathroom controller bigfoot could not stay out of the bathroom. I had to remove the object from the restroom because he kept using the toilet, showering, using the toilet, showering and on and on in an unbreakable loop. Because I was trying to keep track of all those sims I did not notice until he had been doing it for some time.

Is this a known issue or is it something in my game that could be causing it. Most of my downloads consist of maty so I don't think it is being caused by the non-awesome. However that could always be the case. I have a few homes with bigfoot in them and would love to be able use the bathroom controller in them. Anyways I was just curious if anyone has used this in a house with bigfoot and what the results were.

Thanks!

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2007 December 25, 03:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reupdate. That should have been fixed aeons ago.

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2007 December 25, 03:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reupdate. That should have been fixed aeons ago.

Ah. Thanks! I am glad to hear that it is probably not a conflict of some sort.

I will redownload. I guess I thought that I just recently downloaded it. I must not have though if this issue was fixed a while ago.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: 2007 December 25, 23:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having problems lately on multiple lots with the emptying of the toddler potty. Sim goes into bathroom to flush contents. Said contents sort of vanish and no flushing takes place. Sim is booted out of the bathroom. Afterwards the terlet is "in use" and unusable and has to be deleted with moveobjects on.

I haven't had the "in use" terlet issue, but whenever the Nanny attempts to flush mini-terlet's contents, she walks IN, immediately turns around and walks right back OUT, heads for the nearest trash can and dumps the baggie in there. Only with the BUY bathrooms, IIRC. I'll have to see if the parents do it as well. Might be a Nanny issue, in my case.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2007 December 26, 01:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely haven't observed any problems emptying the toddler potty in my game.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2007 December 26, 01:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems, either. I have an average of 10-15 toddlers in my hood at any given time, and BUY in every bathroom.
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2008 January 26, 05:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid I'm having problems like the ones way earlier in this thread, like this reply.  I have Uni and NL installed only.  I tried multiple times, with the same way to reproduce the problem:

1. New lot (on empty neighborhood or Pleasantville)
2. Move in family (pre-built or build one)
3. Make one room
4. Put Toilet, Shower (combined with tub or not, doesn't matter)
5. Put door into room.
5a. Unpause here and waste a bit of time if you like, but you can skip this.
6. Put BUY into bathroom.
7. Unpause.

3-5 seconds later, I hear the ding! of a windows error, and alt-tab out to the dialog saying the program has crashed.  I have logs if you would like them.

I've gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall clean everything, but nothing seems to work. Sad  My sims should be used by the bathroom, darnit!

I'm having exactly the same problem, with Uni and NL only, the version I downloaded tonight from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/ dated 2008-Jan-13 18:08:57.

I'm back to Simming after being without a capable computer for nearly a year. I may have forgotten some things, but I know BUY was working perfectly with Uni only last January. I have only Awesome hacks.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: