More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:15:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373197 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #475 on: 2007 February 06, 18:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the servo recharger that's the problem. Don't have it on the same level as a toilet & you're right. My apologies, and I hope this helps other people with the same nifty goodness.

This is good to know! I have a problem with just one bathroom, but since she lives alone with just her 2 servos, I yanked BYU from her house and didn't think any more about it.

So is it the charger, or one of the two controllers? I have the charger, the chore controller, and another controller that allows the servo to double as a security bot. I just can't imagine why these would interfere with BYU though. And no conflicts show on HCDU.

On the comm lot she owns I also have a charger for her servos since I use them as employees. But the BYU appears to work normally there and all are on the same level since it is a one story shop. I don't think I have the controllers there though, but I know the charger is there. I might have the security controller there though because I do remember the servo shocking a customer who tried to shoplift a gnome once.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2007 February 06, 19:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Servo Recharger is interfering with the ejection, this is because someone cloned it from a terlet or shower, and then LEFT it categorized while removing all category-related functionality. You should inform the creator that his object has been incorrectly handled and should not be assigned an item category.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: 2007 February 06, 19:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paladin's Sims 2 Categorizer utility allows you to edit these values. Still, I agree with Pescado that Paladin should be made aware that his servo charger is not categorised properly.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2007 February 06, 23:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find anything within the Categorizer that identifies it as any object type, so there was nothing to change from within that program. The only choices available was where to place the item in the catalog, niceness multiplier, EP needed, and price.

If the Servo Recharger is interfering with the ejection, this is because someone cloned it from a terlet or shower, and then LEFT it categorized while removing all category-related functionality.

That would explain why BYU won't work at her house but does at the comm lot. In the house the bathroom would be ejecting the Sim into the same room as the charger, thus it would think that it was ejecting them into another bathroom. However, at the comm lot the 2 rooms are completely separated from each other, with the bathroom ejecting Sims to the outside of the building and the charger tucked away in a back room.

So if this is the case, a short term workaround would be to make sure that the bathroom doesn't eject Sims into the same room as the charger.

I'll try to test this theory.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: 2007 February 06, 23:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. I thought that the Categorizer could change the actual object's category, not just its placement in the catalogue. I've been able to change coffee tables to end tables quite effectively using this programme, as well as tweaking fun points, bladder points, depreciation, etc. Am I wrong about what this utility actually does?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2007 February 06, 23:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the motive modifiers were there too, and were all zero as they should be. As far as the rest, I just saw catalog placement, not actual changing of what the object thinks it is.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: 2007 February 06, 23:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, on most objects the modifiers are all set to 0, but on things like espresso machines and bookcases, there are values for fun, bladder, etc, and there are changeable categories (Comfort >> Sofas/Loveseats, Surfaces >> Counters, etc) for everything. I had assumed that 'categories' meant, well, categories. It would be silly to change a sofa to a bed, of course, because the correct animations wouldn't be there, but I figured that changing a coffee table to an end table might make it placeable next to a bed. Is this not true then?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2007 February 07, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not how it works. The categories/ratings you're changing are purely cosmetic and serve no function. Changing a terlet to 999 energy will not make it refresh your sims. The *REAL* category is set inside, typically, the Init BHAV, and not something that can normally be automaticallly grubbed. Incorrectly categorized objects will exhibit unpredictable behaviors when game code that EXPECTS objects to confirm to a specific set of behaviors runs into an object that doesn't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: 2007 February 07, 07:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn! Time to change those end tables back to coffee tables. And here I thought I was clever figuring out a way to change the object categories without mucking about in SimPE. Looks like I'm living up to my screen-name yet again.

rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: 2007 February 08, 14:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing the Categorizer is really good for is changing prices and descriptions of items without going into SimPe.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: 2007 February 08, 18:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's been very useful for making antique objects get more valuable with age, as in real life, or at the very least they don't depreciate. The Categoriser is still an extremely useful tool. I'm just a bit retarded, that's all.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: 2007 March 03, 15:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem [or even if I'm posting this in the right area] but for some reason since seasons, my sims want to plunge the terlet even when it's not clogged. new feature of BYU?

edit: also I've noticed that a sim will have full green on bladder, but will stand outside and the BYU icon will flash like mad [mostly when I have them skillinating] They need to shower, but the shower is in a different bathroom. Could it be conflicting BYU terlet papers?

in an unrelated note, I just had gramps run off to work while holding the baby...  Cheesy I hope he brings him back.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 18:22:18 by nekonoai » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2007 March 05, 23:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they can plunge it at all, it must be clogged in ways unknown to you, or the terlet is corrupt. Perhaps it is even a non-Awesome terlet, which are stupid and suck. Unknown about the shower problem. Are all bathrooms properly configured?

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: 2007 March 06, 04:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the new maxis country style terlet. It must have been clogged in ways unknown to me, because since that one sim day, they haven't plunged.
I figured out why they were bugging out too, I think. I just put a toilet in the room with the shower.  Roll Eyes Excuuuuse me for wanting to keep such facilities seperate.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2007 March 06, 11:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want them in separate rooms, you need to configure the TP Seek radius so it can find them.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2007 March 06, 13:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Seasons I have noticed that BUY is not keeping the Sims in the bathroom until they are all finished. Previously I had to cancel BUY if I wanted them to be "clean enough" and that was fine. But now when I queue something else for them to do while they are in the shower they jump out and go do that... especially gardening.

I have been keeping my hacks up to date and I do not have any non-Maxis bathroom equipment.

Is anybody else having this problem?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2007 March 06, 13:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to replace the terlet rolls after updating BUY. They weren't working at all and I was getting the same effect, the sim's queue was overriding the BUY.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2007 March 06, 23:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started getting errors tonight after updating today's hacks. And yes, I downloaded the very last macrotastics that you just fixed.

This particular error occured while the Sim was on the phone. The caller suddenly appeared, then disappeared and the Sim reset. I don't know why BUY is affecting a Sim on the phone since I don't have seek enabled.

I'm attaching one of the many errors.

« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 23:41:17 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2007 March 06, 23:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, we forgot to remove the debug hook for a problem we were tracing. Fixed now.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2007 March 08, 17:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had BUY installed because while using your Macros for some other things, sims were zipping off to the toilet and returning to finish whatever macro it was I had them doing (I know, terribly forgetful sorry).  Thing is I just checked my folder and BUY wasn't in there, so has Maxis actually tweaked the game a little to work with your macros?  The bathroom is made up of the new seasons bathroom stuff.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2007 March 08, 19:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have it hiding out in another folder?  Do you actually have the TP roll in that bathroom?  If so, it has to be in your downloads somewhere, because if you had the TP in there and then took out the hack, you shouldn't see the TP anymore.  I don't see Maxis changing things to work with JM's stuff though.  Usually if my TP is missing or not working right, the Macro falls out of queue when their bladder gets low, and if free will is on, they will wander to the bathroom themselves.  I would double check and make sure you don't have the TP anywhere in your downloads.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2007 March 08, 19:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I added a secondary failsafe routine in case you failed to configure any BUYs, but this routine is much less reliable and may result in repeated faceplants.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2007 March 08, 20:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faceplants?  LOL
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2007 March 08, 21:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Facefaults?

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2007 March 11, 22:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, it's possible I have an older version hanging around in another folder by mistake, I do peculiar things sometimes, the kettle once ended up in the fridge so anything is possible  Roll Eyes  I will check my folders. 
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: