More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:25:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373093 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #450 on: 2006 December 03, 20:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reset seems to have fixed the bed.  She was able to sleep in it normally later that day, after she had the baby.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: 2006 December 04, 16:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you can make it so that, if a sim actually runs the Test to take a shower and autonomously decides to use it, that they still get processed by BUY, even tho their bladder is close to, if not almost completely full/green? I only ask this because I tend to have a bunch of neat sims who sometimes have their hygiene bar down almost halfway while their bladder is full. This tends to happen when I queue up a bunch of actions after BUY, and they sometimes only relieve their bladder without showering. If this happens a couple of times, their hygiene depletes while their bladder meter is full/green. Then I get sims who repeatedly try to shower, but constantly get booted by BUY. Repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Tongue

Ste

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2006 December 08, 07:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hope this post gets noticed, its been some time since anyone posted.  although im using the newest directors cut version, my cat attempting to pee in the toilet has gotten caught in a loop, the ring around the pee icon refreshes/expires,  and the cat gets taken away for starvation.  neither deleting the tp or the toilet will break the loop, nor exiting and re-entering the house.  i dont have any hacks unfortunately to unlearn the pee comand.
Are you using a custom terlet other than the Pets Flushforce? Pre-Pets Custom Terlets may not be pet-enabled.

not a custom toilet no.  and im pretty sure ive had cats use it before okay.  just this cat in the one house, and its not a custom cat or anything.    for the other kind person, no i dont think it was animation failure, although the animation got funny at the same time.  im suspecting that the animation was just interupting and looping back with the same code problem.

its better though, i was able to undo the toilet learning with christopherlovs learner by setting the value to the negative end.  because its functon was to 'learn' i forgot about the negative end.  if you want me to i can try to recreate this, force error and send the log to you,  if i knew what address to send it to.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2006 December 08, 07:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it IS a space issue, the action is dropped then respawned.  i'll try to change the bathroom and see if anything changes in that house.

You see, IF I were to place a bookcase in a corner, and then stick a potted plant imediately in front of it, then click on the bookcase and tell a sim to "Read Book", it would fail, because the bookcase cannot be reached. The action would be dropped. If I did the same thing with a toilet and a potted plant, and tried to tell a sim to use the toilet, the same thing would happen. The action would fail, it would be dropped from the queue, and the sim would go and do something else. Now this has nothing to do with hacked objects or the configuration of any of them and their abilities to "co-operate" with each other, it's simply that a "route failure" SHOULD result in the action being dropped - whether that route failure is due to a locked door or a plant pot in front of the clicked object shouldn't matter... the object is inaccessible, the sim fails to reach it - the action is dropped.
The "route failure, drop action" behavior tends to be rather irritating when sims drop actions because of some temporary obstacle in their path, such as someone else's fat ass. Some of the more forceful objects are thus programmed to retry the action immediately until it succeeds. Failure is not an option! DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!

The bottom line: Bathroom Uses You is meant to supplant the necessity of locking bathrooms at all, since any casual pest wandering into the bathroom is forcibly commanded to sod off and punted to an alternate docking port or the waiting queue.

Except you people insist on running these silly "apartment blocks" which the game architecture is simply not designed for. There is simply no really good way to reliably recognize mutilated house configurations like this.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 2007 January 16, 03:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if anyone else has had two sims competing for the use of the same bathroom only to have one sim "wait" to use the toilet right in front of the toilet, so that there's a deadlock?

I've got these two family sims living in Don Lothario's condo, (Yes, I know they are more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic. In fact, I rather suspect the basket & blanket are missing & they're standing around wondering what this picnic business is anyway)  and well, they're doing just that. They're too stupid for BUY. Not joking.

This happen to anyone else?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2007 January 16, 14:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have the latest version -- that sounds like a bug that was fixed about a month or two ago.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2007 January 17, 22:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Yes, I know they are more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic. In fact, I rather suspect the basket & blanket are missing & they're standing around wondering what this picnic business is anyway) 

I just have to say that this is the funniest thing I've read all day.  Grin Grin Grin

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2007 January 23, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if anyone else has had two sims competing for the use of the same bathroom only to have one sim "wait" to use the toilet right in front of the toilet, so that there's a deadlock?
One problem with Don Lothario's condo is that the door to the bathroom is on a diagonal wall.  I thought that was fixed somewhere along the line, though.  What EPs are you using, and do you have the most recent version of BUY for the last EP you have installed?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: 2007 January 23, 22:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All eps, all sps, buy is recent as of about a week or so ago.

I have a strong feeling it might be curse of the family sims again because no other sims have had that problem, and these two are particularly braindead.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2007 January 23, 23:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd.  I've not had that problem recently with any of my sims, Family or otherwise.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: 2007 January 23, 23:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have unimaginably good luck with family sims, don't I? Wink

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2007 January 24, 01:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having issues whenever a BYU controller is located behind locked doors.

1. If I make private bathrooms on campus with each Sim having their own BYU behind their own Myne door, they will wait outside of the Myne doors of other Sims trying to use their bathroom instead of locating the one that is inside their room.

2. In the regular neighborhood, I tried to make a simple apartment by using OFB locks on the front doors. But again, Sims want to use the bathroom in the other Sim's apartment instead of their own.

This problem seems to affect mostly, or only, playables. Customers and employees have no difficulty finding the correct bathrooms. Visitors usually do OK, so I don't think they are affected.

Playables do fine when they wake in the morning because their bathroom is always closest to their bedroom.  But whenever I issue the macro>use bathroom command they almost always choose an inaccessible bathroom. Issuing skillinating or caffeinating commands also results with the Sim eventually getting stuck outside of a locked door whenever it comes time to pee.

Is there any way for them to ignore controllers that are impossible to route to? Would using the Unauthorized Personnel instead of, or in conjunction with, either locked or Myne doors help? I have been leaving the BYU controllers on default settings.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2007 January 24, 01:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, in houses with more than one bathroom (with a BYU controller in each accordingly) there continues to be an issue with the second ones that were built. Namely, sims unable to use the first bathroom (due to occupancy or because they're closer to the second one upon receiving the order to use a bathroom) get stuck inside the second bathroom when they're finished. The BYU icon reappears in their queue again and again - and they won't leave the room making it inaccessible to other sims. Funnily enough this only happens when they use the second bathroom that was built. I've three lots with different layouts and different bathroom sizes, but each one has the same problem: the second bathroom "won't" be left automatically when they're finished.

I downloaded the latest version of BYU but it didn't do any good.

Just wondering whether this might be some bug or some known conflict with another mod perhaps?

Black holes suck!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2007 January 24, 03:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the problem you described (either residents or visitors get stuck in the bathroom after using it) happening in both bathrooms, but I also have a number of houses with more than two or three bathrooms, where that problem doesn't happen.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: 2007 January 25, 16:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having issues whenever a BYU controller is located behind locked doors.
So has everybody. There is no easy way for the game to determine whether a Sim can access a particular BYU or not, and so combining it with locked doors is asking for trouble.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: 2007 February 05, 23:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, in houses with more than one bathroom (with a BYU controller in each accordingly) there continues to be an issue with the second ones that were built. Namely, sims unable to use the first bathroom (due to occupancy or because they're closer to the second one upon receiving the order to use a bathroom) get stuck inside the second bathroom when they're finished. The BYU icon reappears in their queue again and again - and they won't leave the room making it inaccessible to other sims. <snip>

Yeah, about this... I've started having the stuck in second toilet problem since installing the patch. This is the first time I can recall having buy toilets on different levels, but yep, guaranteed one of the toilets is going to have stuck sim syndrome. As I haven't had this problem on lots with all bathrooms on a single level yet, I'm off to test how broken this is.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2007 February 06, 00:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue was not observed when I was still playing it, so I'm not entirely sure what triggers it. Provide screenshot of offending configuration and I will pass the issue on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: 2007 February 06, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a real pain in the arse thing to ask because it flashes between "use" and "evict" fast enough to make an epileptic nervous, so what you're going to get is a screencap of a very confused victorian pleasure sim & the smear where the flashies are going on, or a clear shot of either action in queue, depending on how my computer is feeling at the moment. But since I am about to go to the place where the madness happens anyway, you'll get your damn pic. Eventually.

Or quickly. Well it happened again, and so rather than making you sit through the three pics I took (& 45 sim minutes of being stuck in the loo) I figure I can just post the one that  shows what's really going on. I had to be damn quick to get it, but I did.

« Last Edit: 2007 February 06, 01:47:27 by floopyboo » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2007 February 06, 01:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, looking over that picture, several things strike me: First, that is a nonstandard terlet. It is not known whether it will function correctly under BUY.

Second, I cannot see the other bathroom, nor can I see the door to this terlet. Try to get a more overhead shot so I can see the layout which is apparently triggering this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2007 February 06, 02:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened in every conceivable configuration of toilet & bathtub I could put in there. I eventually went with that one because it has worked elsewhere.

In a different neighbourhood with the same toilets I didn't have this problem. I was going to say presumably because they were all on the same level, but not so. This problem only began after I installed the pets game patch. It could be the toilet. It could be stusimity. It could be magic voodoo brokeness of the highly unstable patch. I've tried moving the toilet, moving the bathtub, removing the bathtub, putting the toilet in an entirely different section of house with nothing in there except the toilet, the bog roll & a light.  I'm pretty certain I've tried every combination possible here.

For the record, buy worked perfectly fine with this toilet before the patch. I'm so certain this is a patch problem, I'm going to try it with every damn toilet I have in my game, just to see what the problem is.

Right now I don't think an aerial shot is going to be of much use to you except in seeing how I gut out & redecorate lots for victorian aesthetics. But I will keep you updated.

::UPDATE:: Well, it's still happening with the cheapest toilet in the game. I'd take pictures but frankly my wrists are starting to hurt, so any further gaming is out for the night.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 06, 02:11:57 by floopyboo » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2007 February 06, 02:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or quickly. Well it happened again, and so rather than making you sit through the three pics I took (& 45 sim minutes of being stuck in the loo) I figure I can just post the one that  shows what's really going on. I had to be damn quick to get it, but I did.
Um, why couldn't you pause the game to get the screen cap?  That's what I would do.  I've had situations in the past with the flashing icon, but if you pause it, it will stop flashing so you can cancel it or whatever.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: 2007 February 06, 02:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, why couldn't you pause the game to get the screen cap?  That's what I would do.  I've had situations in the past with the flashing icon, but if you pause it, it will stop flashing so you can cancel it or whatever.

normally an excellent suggestion, but the flashyness stuffs it up - it looks like I've paused with the "evict" mode on. And that's the only reason i sat around & tried for so long in game.

Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2007 February 06, 03:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting "Transparent UI" to "No" will rid you of the flashy effect and some unnecessary queue animations.

This might help getting a proper screen shot.

Black holes suck!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2007 February 06, 03:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't actually care about seeing the flashy stuff, what I want to see is the layout that triggers this.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: 2007 February 06, 14:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far as I've been able to determine, it's "any subsequent toilet with a buy bogroll" that is the layout problem, and only since I installed the second Pets patch (the one for the game, not the bodyshop one, just to be absolutely clear).

As I said, I had this problem in different areas of the house if I moved the toilet, and with different layouts. I tried replicating the exact layout of the bathroom in the house that DOES work, with no success. I think I can safely assume that it is NOT a layout problem, but a multiple bathroom problem, and only since the Pets patch, in my game.

I haven't tested this in any other hoods yet, but I will later, and I will let you know if the problem is my hood, along with an apology for the inconvenience if required. But I do hope you will understand that this morning planning my hens' night is coming before testing your hack. I'll get back to you eventually, but trust me, I will get back to you. I'm annoying like that.

*EDIT: I haven't been able to replicate it on another lot yet, so it's quite likely that it's either that lot that's the problem or it's resolved itself. Unless BUY has a problim with paladin's servo recharger, which is another thing I'm going to look into.

*ANOTHER EDIT: It's the servo recharger that's the problem. Don't have it on the same level as a toilet & you're right. My apologies, and I hope this helps other people with the same nifty goodness.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 06, 16:27:01 by floopyboo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: