More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 17:16:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 372364 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #400 on: 2006 October 26, 18:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

What is a Wiggy door?  As in "Check for wiggy doors added."?  I'm hoping that's a check for the object to see if it is behind a woman's door or a man's door for the bathroom in community or dorm lots. 

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2006 October 26, 18:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought wiggy meant something wasn't right about it.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2006 October 26, 20:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with washing a dog with BUY in the room. It cancels out the action after a second and starts using the sim instead
Will examine this issue.

Oh man, I have so much awesomeness to catch up on but I can in fact say that I'm having a similar problem.  My Sim washes her dog, as directed, but there's some sort of a conflict right afterwards - I have been trying to do the "Praise...for behaving in bathtub" action after the bath and it gets cancelled out because the Sim gets tossed out and won't go back in because the dog is still there (I think that's the reason).  Anyway, when you get around to checking out the item quoted above I'll be glad to try to trap any error or recreate my problem or whatever you need.  Just lemme know. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2006 October 27, 01:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to wash, and praise, the dog in the current version without trouble. BUY will not interfere in user-ordered human-to-animal socials, although it will throw out animals if any are loitering in the bathroom, whereupon you can still praise them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2006 October 29, 23:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just downloaded the newest version and now the bathroom will not let my cats alone.  Once they go in there, they continually use the toilet over and over again.  And I overwrote the previous version so I cannot even go back to it.  Help!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2006 October 29, 23:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just downloaded the newest version and now the bathroom will not let my cats alone.  Once they go in there, they continually use the toilet over and over again.  And I overwrote the previous version so I cannot even go back to it.  Help!!!
Should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 29, 23:32:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2006 October 29, 23:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is "Bathe Larva" and is that ever supposed to show up in-game?  I was playing a house with triplet toddlers and saw this bathtub icon labeled "Bathe Larva" in the queue of their teen sister.  I couldn't get it to show up again.  It doesn't seem to affect anything, but what is it?

Karen
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2006 October 29, 23:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a dog on the lot named Larva, and if it's a stray or someone else's pet, one of the Sims had greeted it and was interacting with it.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2006 October 29, 23:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a dog on the lot named Larva, and if it's a stray or someone else's pet, one of the Sims had greeted it and was interacting with it.

Um, no.  That was my first thought as well, but I looked at the BUY package file and there is a reference in there to "Bathe Larva". 

Besides, for dogs the text string says "Wash xxx", not "Bathe xxx".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2006 October 29, 23:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the Baby Controlller -> BUY hook for washing your stinky toddler larvae. It was added so that the command will properly reserve the bathroom so sims recognize it as being in use.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2006 October 30, 00:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a little bit of a weird situation last night. I do have the latest version of BUY (unless you updated it today).

I have two bathrooms in the house. The first floor bathroom is small and toilet and sink only. The second floor one has a toilet and a tub. Both have BUY and both are turned on a set to seek.

Well Were-Nanny (who has been moved in a family member) was in the living room and peed herself. Her bladder was then maxed but her hygeine of course was at the minimum. The BUY in the closer 1rst floor toilet only bathroom kept grabbing her, stick her on the pot, which didn't last long because she didn't have to go, then kicking her out, then doing it again, and again etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2006 October 30, 00:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's why you're only supposed to use BUY in a bathroom with both a toilet and a shower/bath.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2006 October 30, 00:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

The problem is now worse, I am getting an Invalid Constant error over and over again.  It is in a loop because as soon as I hit Reset, it happens immediately again.  I had to hit Reset and then Pause quickly just to get out of the game.  The error log is attached.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 30, 01:33:09 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2006 October 30, 00:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's why you're only supposed to use BUY in a bathroom with both a toilet and a shower/bath.

But if I did that then it would always grab everyone to go upstairs and no one would use the downstairs toilet. Hmm, have to think about this. I really don't want to put a shower in that downstairs bathroom, it's really tiny.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2006 October 30, 00:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take out the sink and put in a Uni no-privacy shower?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2006 October 30, 01:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I put a shower in all my bathrooms.  I haven't found a way around this unless you set the room radius to include the bathroom with a shower, but then they'll be using the toilet downstairs and running upstairs to shower all the time.  Tongue
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2006 October 30, 01:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I am being difficult, but I really don't want a shower in that downstairs bathroom, it wasn't part of the house design and those uni showers are so ugly.  Tongue

I'll probably just yank out BUY in that house and let them go when they need to and just hope they don't socialize in there (yeah right, like that won't happen).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2006 October 30, 01:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is now worse, I am getting an Invalid Constant error over and over again.  It is in a loop because as soon as I hit Reset, it happens immediately again.  I had to hit Reset and then Pause quickly just to get out of the game.  The error log is attached.
Should be fixed now.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2006 October 30, 02:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray.  Grin

I'll give it a try. Were-Nanny thanks you. Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2006 October 30, 02:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray.  Grin

I'll give it a try. Were-Nanny thanks you. Wink
I haven't done anything specific about that yet, but if the game is trying to find a bathroom for Hygiene, and your bathroom doesn't have that ability, not sure how to handle that part yet. Thinking about it.

Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2006 October 30, 02:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

It's fixed.  The cat is finally off the toilet and out of the bathroom.  Thanks so much!
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2006 October 31, 10:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had this error three times last night whenever a cat was queued to use the toilet (using bp ControlPets on). I don't know if it's relevant, but I'll post it anyway.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 31, 11:14:55 by redmachine » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2006 October 31, 11:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2006 October 31, 14:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I am being difficult, but I really don't want a shower in that downstairs bathroom, it wasn't part of the house design and those uni showers are so ugly.  Tongue

Motoki, that is exactly why I downloaded this:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=186655.  He actually has 2, both at MTS2.  I use these wherever I want the communal shower.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: 2006 November 04, 09:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's mod for 'always flush toilet and wash hands' works with BUY and seems to be Pets-compatible. Hand-washing doesn't raise hygiene as much as showering, of course, but it does help. In a guest-bathroom type setup, this seems to be adequate, since guests generally don't stay very long.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: