More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:16:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 370426 times)
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #375 on: 2006 October 20, 17:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with washing a dog with BUY in the room. It cancels out the action after a second and starts using the sim instead
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2006 October 20, 17:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh duh, I didn't see that. Only the large dogs. :O Anyhow, compared to the people Maxis put in their default pools, the animals are downright gorgeous.

*waits for Catpan Uses You!*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2006 October 20, 18:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with washing a dog with BUY in the room. It cancels out the action after a second and starts using the sim instead
Will examine this issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: 2006 October 20, 22:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put one of the wooden bathtubs in the backyard, way in the back, thus circumventing the BUY loop. This is the dog-washing station. No humans allowed. Grin

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2006 October 21, 22:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of pets in the bathroom:

I am not sure why these two dogs (male and female) chose this bathroom as the location for sniffing each other.  Can you modify the "no socializing in the bathroom" code in BUY to kick pets out if they start this sort of thing?  Thanks....

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2006 October 21, 22:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do sims refuse to use the bathroom if their pets happen to be in it, or do animals not count for privacy purposes? I know I wouldn't bother trying to shoo a cat out of a bathroom, I'd just go. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2006 October 21, 22:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do sims refuse to use the bathroom if their pets happen to be in it, or do animals not count for privacy purposes? I know I wouldn't bother trying to shoo a cat out of a bathroom, I'd just go. Tongue

They'll share with the pets. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2006 October 21, 23:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure why these two dogs (male and female) chose this bathroom as the location for sniffing each other.  Can you modify the "no socializing in the bathroom" code in BUY to kick pets out if they start this sort of thing?  Thanks....

The first rule of sims since way back to TS1. Sims love the bathroom. They will happily do all their socializing in there and never leave. BUY is the only thing to prevent this behavior.

As far as BUY kicking pets out, I think it's kind of complicated. I mean, there's going to be times when you WANT them in there like toilet training a cat or if you put your cat pans in the bathroom. I suppose there's really no valid reason for dogs to be in there, particularly since they can't drink out of the toilet bowl. What a dissapointment!  Sad

*edit: Oh I forgot dogs need to be bathed so they have a reason to be in there too*

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2006 October 22, 00:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first rule of sims since way back to TS1. Sims love the bathroom. They will happily do all their socializing in there and never leave. BUY is the only thing to prevent this behavior.

Exactly.  That's why I pointed it out in the first place.  Sims can't socialize in the bathroom with BUY, why should pets be able to? 

At any rate, it sounds like Pescado is not inclined to make this change, so it's pretty much a moot point.

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2006 October 22, 00:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh he probably will at some point, give him time. I don't seem him putting up with a bunch of animals clogging up the bathroom sniffing each others asses.  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2006 October 22, 00:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh he probably will at some point, give him time. I don't seem him putting up with a bunch of animals clogging up the bathroom sniffing each others asses.  Grin
I will at some point, but I haven't explored the matter in that much depth yet. I'd have to figure out what, exactly, is a "legal" action for an animal in a bathroom, and what earns a boot.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2006 October 22, 06:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hopefully you can add toilet trained cats to BUY at some point. The way EA set it up is pretty useless. You spend time training the cat, but the cat will only use it if you command them too. Otherwise they use the cat pan on their own. I've seen a toilet trained cat pass up a nearby toilet to instead walk arcross the house and down two flights of stairs to use a cat pan.  Roll Eyes

You can praise them for using the toilet and the pie menu SAYS "praise for using the toilet" but the actual meter that goes up for that praising is just the generic housebroken/yardbroken meter that teaches them to pee in the house vs outside etc.

Sorry, but I'm not checking the damned cat's bladder even 5 minutes and then directing a sim to direct the damned cat to use the toilet when the time comes.

I suppose I could take the cat pan away but then they'd probably just pee on the floor or the flowerbed.  Tongue

It's irritating that even when trained, they seem not to choose the toilet on their own. At least mine don't.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2006 October 22, 06:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the Prima Guide, if you remove the litter box, the cats will use the toilet autonomously.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2006 October 22, 14:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I will have to try that, which means I will have to train the other two cats too now.  Tongue

I still think it's dumb they'll prefer a far away litter box over a closer toilet when they really have to go, but that's sims for you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2006 October 22, 23:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's irritating that even when trained, they seem not to choose the toilet on their own. At least mine don't.
Mine do, but you need to get the newly updated Flushforce Pets-Only edition for cats to be able to see the motive grid autonomously. It helps if you remove the other options, AND praise them to be housebroken in addition to knowing how to use the terlet.

pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2006 October 24, 20:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all.
I am having a weird problem with the bathroom, and never had before. the controller always performed well. I hope i could have one for myself actually.
But then now I am having a really strange behaviour: have a house with 3 people, every one of them has their bedroom and ensuite bathroom. i do this because i hate them piling up in the main bathroom in the morning. This way they can do what they want when they want.
But now, one of them receives the <use the bathroom> input but she just stands in front of the bathroom door.  doesnt even enter the bathroom.
What really puzzles me is: all 3 bedrooms and ensuites have the [almost] same layout. the other 2 residents are absolutely ok with the bathroom controller.
Just this one stands in front of the door. i observed her, and i see that she stands in front of this bathroom door, and even if other motives go very low she doesnt react to them at all. she just stands there, bubbling things but not moving.
I had a research in this forum to see if someone had the same problem, but it looks like not.
Thank you for any helpful idea about what this can be caused by
pixxa

PS and sorry about my english, i know how punctilious you are about it... this is the best i can do lol
« Last Edit: 2006 October 24, 20:51:00 by pixxa » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2006 October 24, 21:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your bathroom controller settings, if you've changed them off default. Also make sure that nothing is blocking the way. Sometimes doors that open the wrong way can prevent access to the terlet, as can misconfigured locks.

pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2006 October 24, 22:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your bathroom controller settings, if you've changed them off default. Also make sure that nothing is blocking the way. Sometimes doors that open the wrong way can prevent access to the terlet, as can misconfigured locks.

Hm the one i changed is just: seek. on. other options i left as they were as default.
door is absolutely clear. altho it is placed 90degrees. you think this can be the problem? I doubt it, because i had two houses with bathroom 90degrees doors with the controller and worked just fine. i used the controller in any environment and it works allright.
realyy puzzling. i will try to move her room and bathroom downstairs and start from scratch but still, even if that works i will never know what the problem was.
pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2006 October 24, 22:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this is just weird. i moved this woman out of the lot, deleted all funiture, everything. saved. rebooted. re-entered the lot. well first i moved this new person in the lot. then re-entered. now. i moved the door from 90degree to normal angl. before he entered the lot. now same thing is happening to him. i even gave him tokens to enter the other bedroms and bathrooms, but no! he just stands there.he doesnt ever bother to go to the other bathrooms...  i am confused now. it must be something about the room, but i cant figure it out for the sake of myself. only has a bed and bedside table [and alarmclock]
i am lost
i suppose i should just erase the house and go on, but this thing really puzzles me
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2006 October 24, 23:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tokens? You're using a special hack for locking rooms?

pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2006 October 24, 23:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, Inge's

ps i have red, yellow and another colour for the 3 rooms. please dont tell me they conflict, i use Inge's controller everywhere and never had a problem
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2006 October 24, 23:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes Sims will wait outside the door if you've queued someone who's sleeping for the bathroom, and they haven't woken up yet... I dunno why that would affect anything when you have more than one bathroom, though :\
pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2006 October 24, 23:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sigh swfitgold, i hope that was the case
]but thing is, that bathroom is her own, and i checked the other 2 esidents to see if they had some expectation about that bathroom. NO
they just went on their own bathroom.
actually she was standing in front of the bathroom door as if someone was inside, but noone was!

well i suppose i will have to destroy the house and do as if it never existed, and hope the problem wont come back. but i still am curious about it. ahhh i will have to let it go
thank you for all the tips
« Last Edit: 2006 October 24, 23:53:40 by pixxa » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2006 October 25, 00:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, Inge's

ps i have red, yellow and another colour for the 3 rooms. please dont tell me they conflict, i use Inge's controller everywhere and never had a problem
Bathroom Uses You does not like locked bathrooms, except those locked specifically against visitors, employees, or by gender, which must be specifically configured. Individual bathroom locking is not supported.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2006 October 26, 14:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any plan to fix the Maxis Flag Out of Range error that you get when your Sim's bladder bar is solid red and they try to use the toilet?

BTW, BUY helps avoid that situation by sending them to the bathroom in a timely manner.  I've only had 1 "overfull" bladder since installing it.

Here's my oldest and newest logs!  Newest might possibly be after installing BUY.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: