More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 11:13:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 372310 times)
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #325 on: 2006 September 20, 00:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it has, with BUY settings to ignore respective genders - the door disallows and seek disregards. Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2006 September 20, 00:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why isn't the toilet paper in the toilet stall??  Shocked  I also notice one picture has four showers in each bathroom, and the other has two.  Why is this?  If the wall had a gap and not a door or arch, it should work fine with radius set for Room Only.  That's the best way I've found for setting it up, since it can get confused especially when two bathrooms are right next to each other.
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

...there is an ominous cloud in the distance...

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2006 September 20, 00:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it has, with BUY settings to ignore respective genders - the door disallows and seek disregards. Smiley

I set the Reject - X for the appropriate genders on all 4 BUYs and I am sure they are set correctly in that manner.

The problems I have explained are not always present, but they do present themselves at least once or twice a sim day in an 8 sim dorm plus 4 dormies.

I removed the 2 extra showers because they were useless.

There is an ominous cloud in the distance though at present it be no bigger than a man's hand.
  -Arthur Eddington
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2006 September 20, 00:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should do your dorms the way I do: no bathrooms. Toilets next to the fridge and showers outside!  Grin

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2006 September 20, 02:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does BUY handle gender-specific doors?

Yes, you can set it to reject one gender or the other to match the door. It can also be set to reject employees or visitors, for use on business lots.

Just don't set the BUY to the wrong gender -- hilarity and many pee puddles will follow. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2006 September 20, 08:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, no it does not handle them, you'll have to setup the BUY yourself to match the doors.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: 2006 September 20, 09:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read... and I also thought I saw code which allowed BUY to actually detect each GUID for the gender specific doors? I thought this was so BUY could work properly on comm lots by just installing them in BUY mode, since you can't set them, unless you're actually on the lot, and since the settings don't get saved, BUY should auto detect the type of door and only seek the proper gender. No?

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2006 September 20, 11:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, no it does not handle them, you'll have to setup the BUY yourself to match the doors.

Well, yea, if you want to be picky about it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2006 September 20, 11:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read... and I also thought I saw code which allowed BUY to actually detect each GUID for the gender specific doors? I thought this was so BUY could work properly on comm lots by just installing them in BUY mode, since you can't set them, unless you're actually on the lot, and since the settings don't get saved, BUY should auto detect the type of door and only seek the proper gender. No?

Hmm, I don't recall seeing that, but if so, it may only apply to comm lots, which a dorm isn't.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2006 September 20, 12:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that isn't already in, it should be!
And also a staff door check to automatically set the BUY for employees only.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2006 September 20, 15:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I tried this on a community lot, it didn't work.  I got tired of trying to remember to set it every time I visited the lot, so I ripped out the gender doors and put up regular doors, making both bathrooms unisex.  Tongue  If it could work like syber described, that would be truly awesome!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2006 September 20, 16:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did implement an autodetect on community lots, which should load whenever you visit a non-owned community lot, but many setups are very tricky and it doesn't seem to always find them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2006 September 20, 16:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mostly use One-Twenty-Five Cafe, which is my favorite lot, with some modifications.
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2006 September 20, 19:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated my hacks, removed the gender specific doors, doubled the number of stalls showers and BUY's, and I am now having a new bug.  My sims can only go one at a time.

2.  I have multiple stalls and multiple BUYs (2 to be exact) in a dorm bathroom.  Both the showers and stalls are in the same room.  From time to time the controller(s) will wig out and repeatedly re-que my sim to go to the bathroom but he/she just stands outside the bathroom like a deer in headlights even though there is only one sim in the bathroom.  From what I can tell the controllers are working against each other but I can't say for sure.
I forgot to mention that when this bug happens my computer lags out big time.

I have nothing but awesome hacks and face replacements in my downloads folder.

EDIT:  I forced errors on all the BUYs and replaced them and this seems to have eliminated the one-at-a-time bug.
EDIT2: I deleted all of the BUYs saved/reloaded place 4 new buys for each bathroom and now I can only do two-at-a-time Sad
EDIT3: I had the deer-in-headlights bug again and forced errors to find out that the sim was caught in a loop with a TP controller  from the opposite sex bathroom that WAS set to reject females.  I have attached the two logs that generated.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2006 September 20, 21:27:56 by Ominous » Logged

There is an ominous cloud in the distance though at present it be no bigger than a man's hand.
  -Arthur Eddington
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2006 September 20, 21:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a visiting neighbor get snagged by BUY to repair a clogged toilet. The visitor was pregnant and was about to pee on the floor but kept trying to repair the toilet instead of using it. I used the testingCheatsEnabled to cancel out the BUY loop and instruct her to actually use the toilet and then deselected her. She didn't go back to trying to unclog the toilet after that. It would have been pretty "logical" behavior if it had been a household member, but since it was an uncontrollable I found it annoying.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2006 September 20, 23:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated my hacks, removed the gender specific doors, doubled the number of stalls showers and BUY's, and I am now having a new bug.  My sims can only go one at a time.

That's the multi-user bathroom bug I reported a week or so ago.  If a sim is taking a shower, no one else can use the bathroom.  If a sim is in the stall, other sims can use the other stalls just fine. Am I correct in understanding that you fixed it by replacing the BUY controllers?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2006 September 20, 23:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Negative.  It reappeared.  The whole shower thing makes sense now that you say it, but I don't understand why a controller in another room set to block Females put my female sim into an ugly loop. 

-Arthur Eddington
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2006 September 20, 23:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... but I don't understand why a controller in another room set to block Females put my female sim into an ugly loop. 

Could be how high you set the seek radius.  If you made it bigger than the default 'room only' setting, it could be picking up the showers or stalls in the other room and thinking they're all in the same bathroom.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2006 September 21, 00:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think seek is off by default and I never turn it on.

-Arthur Eddington
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2006 September 21, 01:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will attempt to reproduce configuration. Can't imagine why that would happen unless for some reason something set the privacy blockage on the bathrooms, which is not a normal behavior and is controlled by Maxis equipment.

I just had a visiting neighbor get snagged by BUY to repair a clogged toilet. The visitor was pregnant and was about to pee on the floor but kept trying to repair the toilet instead of using it
That's because it's BROKEN, genius. If there was anoter terlet usable, the controller would offload the sim to the nonbroken one if they got that desperate. But if for some reason you sadistically placed only a single inoperable terlet, then there's no other choices.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2006 September 21, 02:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it's BROKEN, genius. If there was anoter terlet usable, the controller would offload the sim to the nonbroken one if they got that desperate. But if for some reason you sadistically placed only a single inoperable terlet, then there's no other choices.

Gee. You mean the sim was trying to repair it because it was broken? I wonder how I managed to miss that connection. Thanks for your pearl of wisdom there. Come on, J.M., as I had already stated the actions would have made perfect sense if the sim in question was controllable. However, seeing as how the sim was visiting the lot it caused problems. Its not like I gave them only a single non-functional toilet by plan. It just happened to be clogged right before the pregnant sim finished a conversation and was thus standing idle and nabbed by the BUY. I attempted to call the pregnant sim away from the task hoping to break the cycle but to no avail. A more convenient way of dealing with the problem would have been to not allow visitors to attempt repairs in the first place. God knows I wouldn't try and unclog my neighbors' toilet but would politely excuse myself and head home. Hmm. Which by my way of thinking is in fact another choice.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2006 September 21, 03:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will attempt to reproduce configuration. Can't imagine why that would happen unless for some reason something set the privacy blockage on the bathrooms, which is not a normal behavior and is controlled by Maxis equipment.

Note that the shower is in use in the above picture.  Could this just be the same bug jsalemi was talking about?

-Arthur Eddington
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2006 September 21, 03:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible. I've tried to reproduce this issue, but it never seems to happen to me. I'll give it another shot, though.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2006 September 21, 09:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meska, do you happen to have any no-privacy mods?   I'm having the exact same problems with that same dorm.  I'm also using LizzLoves no-privacy mod.   I'll set up a new YA student and quickly run a test to see if there is any difference with that mod removed and BUY in the terlets.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2006 September 21, 10:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i removed LizzLoves NoPrivacy Hack.   Pluncked down that U-shaped 9 person dorm.   2 bathroom areas, 1 male, 1 female.   2 Stall terlets plus 2 showers in each bathroom.   Put a BUY in each stall set to seek, room radius only (default setting) each one rejecting the other sex.
   Sent my female to macro/bathroom,  there was another girl on a terlet already, she went and used the other terlet.   The other girl (dormie=townie) went and took a shower, once my female got done with the terlet, she got kicked out and had the wait/clock icon even tho there was an available shower.

I can't figure out how to insert pics from my comp to this msg, i read the help section but it still made no sense, sorry.   Sad
   Do i have to type out the complete file/folder name for each pic?
   I went ahead and posted that 3 pic story at TheSims2 site -  http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=116116
   Pescado and anyone else interested, let me know when you've looked at it, then i'll remove that story.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 21, 10:29:50 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: