More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:46:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373116 times)
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #100 on: 2006 April 04, 06:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, both are in Room Only mode.  I had even changed it to radial mode to see if that would help, but it did not.  For some reason, the controller wants to send everyone to the master bath.  And it continued doing this even after moving the toilet paper to the far end of the bath (must have been a fluke the first time).  It is not like there are no other bathrooms in the house, either.  I had built another one on the same floor, and there are two more in the basement, but the controller seems to just love the master bathroom.  I got so frustrated with it that I just removed it entirely from the master bath.  Now, the four kids have to be sent elsewhere, the controller has no other choice.  Just seemed easier to deal with scheduling the parents manually than try to monitor 4 kids each morning.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 April 04, 11:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are you sending them to the bathroom?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 April 04, 16:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sleep Clock automatically appends the action when the kids are sent to bed.  In the morning, one kid will be in the kid's bathroom, while the other kids will stand outside the master bedroom (I use Inge's locked door so they cannot get in) with a picture of the shower in the master bath.  If I cancel the shower, the controller puts the same shower back in the queue.  This continues to happen even when the other kid vacates the kid's bathroom.  It seems like it gets stuck in the mode of sending to the master bath.  I end up having to cancel the action altogether, then click on a toilet paper in another bathroom and choose 'Be Used.'

The master bath and the kid's bath are at a right angle to each other with a kid's bedroom door between them.  The third bath that I added to that floor is down the end of the hall, which the controller is finally using since I removed the controller in the master bath.
atavera
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 April 05, 07:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say that this works flawlessly for me.  I downloaded it initially because I got a complaint that my sonic shower didn't work right with it(twas because I renamed the 'Interaction - Take Shower' BHAV), but changed it so it would be compatible.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 April 05, 08:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sleep Clock automatically appends the action when the kids are sent to bed.  In the morning, one kid will be in the kid's bathroom, while the other kids will stand outside the master bedroom (I use Inge's locked door so they cannot get in) with a picture of the shower in the master bath.
Locking bathrooms and Bathroom Uses You do not mix. The intent of the controller is to handle bathroom management for you! Not so you can mess with it more! It is obvious you don't have enough bandwidth to handle the morning rush. Either unlock the other bathroom so your sims can actually use it, or install more of them. There's kind of a hurry, after all, you have to get them out the door in the hour you have between waking up and when the bus leaves.

The master bath and the kid's bath are at a right angle to each other with a kid's bedroom door between them.  The third bath that I added to that floor is down the end of the hall, which the controller is finally using since I removed the controller in the master bath.
That would place it further away than than the other bathroom. Bathroom Uses you chooses the closest bathroom, because, well, closer is better.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 April 05, 18:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sleep Clock automatically appends the action when the kids are sent to bed.  In the morning, one kid will be in the kid's bathroom, while the other kids will stand outside the master bedroom (I use Inge's locked door so they cannot get in) with a picture of the shower in the master bath.
Locking bathrooms and Bathroom Uses You do not mix. The intent of the controller is to handle bathroom management for you! Not so you can mess with it more! It is obvious you don't have enough bandwidth to handle the morning rush. Either unlock the other bathroom so your sims can actually use it, or install more of them. There's kind of a hurry, after all, you have to get them out the door in the hour you have between waking up and when the bus leaves.

That would place it further away than than the other bathroom. Bathroom Uses you chooses the closest bathroom, because, well, closer is better.
Understood.  I love this macro and cannot do without it now, which is why I am going to leave it out of the master bath from now on and just unclick one of the parent's queued bath and replace it with my own queue for the morning.  I just do not believe that children should use the parent's private bath.

As far as the morning rush, there are 4 full baths in the house so each kid can use one.  It is just that two are in the basement (which is two floors away).
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2006 April 05, 21:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've long since gotten over this.  I had a family of 8.  Three bathrooms.  Mornings are chaos.

So, one daughter learned to make snapdragons.  I just kill the bathroom queue-up now.   Grin  And breakfast, for that matter.  Skillinator before work/school!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 April 06, 09:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CTD is back as of the latest version of this hack in the NL hacks directory.  This appears to be the smaller version that caused the problem before.  Replacing it with a version I had from January (which is about twice the size) resolves the CTD.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 April 06, 11:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CTD is back as of the latest version of this hack in the NL hacks directory.  This appears to be the smaller version that caused the problem before.  Replacing it with a version I had from January (which is about twice the size) resolves the CTD.
Should be fixed now.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 May 13, 02:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I am in the wrong place, please forgive me.

Recently I went through my favorite hacks to see if updates were offered and then updated everything. Since bathroom uses you is the most likely suspect, I am posting my question here.

I clicked on a toilet the other day to send a sim to the bathroom and a new option showed up: "Throw up". Did this recently get added to this mod? Or did it come from another? I didn't download any new mods, just upgraded existing ones. I do not have any mods that purposely cause this option to show up even though I am aware that those do exist. BTW, this was a standard Maxis toilet. Also, this mod is my only mod that has anything to do with bathrooms with the exception of Christianlov's no privacy bathroom which I did not update.

This isn't a problem. I am just curious as heck to know how it got into my game. And no, it did not accidently get in there with a downloaded house as I use clean installer and am extremely careful as to what gets into my game.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 May 13, 02:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a feature of Bathroom Uses You.  So, obviously you have some other, most likely non-awesome hack causing this.

Amber says she thinks Squinge has something like this.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2006 May 13, 02:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's throwupenabled.package, makes Throw Up appear on the pie menu for storytellers.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 May 13, 04:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Planning on making your sims bulimic?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 May 13, 05:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you have the toilet from the Grand Trianon Collection at MTS2? It looks like the expensive Maxis toilet, only it has no base. That has the option to throw up. The only other mod I know of that enables that is the one that was mentioned by Squinge, which is specifically for that.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 May 14, 00:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for answering!! Yes, I found it was the Grand Trianon toilet causing this. I thought that I had taken them all out of the game, but then after you mentioned it I checked to find this toilet still in downloads.

Often I click quickly when I know where menu items are normally placed. The only problem the throw-up interaction caused was accidently giving that command instead of use toilet. But the bathroom controller would take over after that and take care of the sim's bathroom need. But it would waste a few minutes which are sometimes critical if the car pool is waiting. Plus who wants to see non-pregnant or non-sick sims do that? And if they were in 2nd trimester they usually have a fear of throwing up so a quick-clicking error would cause their aspiration to plummet.

Thanks again for helping me to narrow down this oddity.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 May 14, 01:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for answering!! Yes, I found it was the Grand Trianon toilet causing this. I thought that I had taken them all out of the game, but then after you mentioned it I checked to find this toilet still in downloads.

Often I click quickly when I know where menu items are normally placed. The only problem the throw-up interaction caused was accidently giving that command instead of use toilet. But the bathroom controller would take over after that and take care of the sim's bathroom need. But it would waste a few minutes which are sometimes critical if the car pool is waiting. Plus who wants to see non-pregnant or non-sick sims do that? And if they were in 2nd trimester they usually have a fear of throwing up so a quick-clicking error would cause their aspiration to plummet.

Thanks again for helping me to narrow down this oddity.

Cool Smiley glad you got it figured out. Yes, the throwing up thing is not my favorite thing about the game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 May 15, 01:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're using Bathroom Uses You, you never have to click on a terlet anyway. In fact, you really shouldn't, especially in combination with the macro "Use Bathroom" launcher. Although I don't think I even really use that anymore, Power Idle handles that gruntwork for me.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 May 17, 21:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also - if the carpool is waiting, just send them to work.  They will use the toilet there, so it's not like they are going to arrived home and pee themselves.  They won't use showers there, but hygiene desperation is a lot less serious then missing the car pool.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 May 19, 07:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the latest version of the BC for NL, but I'm having a problem with some sims getting stuck in the bathroom.  They are clean and their bladder is empty, but it seems that it can't throw them out.  They just stand there with the BC icon flashing.  If I direct them to "Go here" or do something, they will do it.  In the case I just witnessed, there were two sims queued up for the bathroom because the other one was in use, and they could not use the bathroom because the first sim was stuck in there.  The sim in the bathroom had a bunch of thought bubbles stacked on top of each other, so I couldn't see if something was blocking her, but one had a red X over the face of one of the other sims.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 May 19, 08:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the latest version of the BC for NL, but I'm having a problem with some sims getting stuck in the bathroom.  They are clean and their bladder is empty, but it seems that it can't throw them out.  They just stand there with the BC icon flashing.  If I direct them to "Go here" or do something, they will do it.  In the case I just witnessed, there were two sims queued up for the bathroom because the other one was in use, and they could not use the bathroom because the first sim was stuck in there.  The sim in the bathroom had a bunch of thought bubbles stacked on top of each other, so I couldn't see if something was blocking her, but one had a red X over the face of one of the other sims.

Damn...I mentioned that very same problem in the hacks directory. I've just downloaded all of the relevant updates for macrotastics and bathroom uses you but have yet to test them out.
I was hoping this would fix the problem...have you updated macrotastics too Rainbow?

ETA: I've just done some testing with a 3 sim family. They were cued to use the bathroom and the controller seemed to work fine. I think there was a mention in another thread about incompatibility with one version of macrotastics being used with the bathroom controller, so rainbow check that you have the newest versions of both and hopefully, you're issue will be fixed  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 May 19, 08:36:30 by aussieone » Logged

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 May 19, 11:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll try that.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 May 19, 14:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the 5/18/06 version of macrotastics, and unfortunately, it does not seem to have fixed the problem. Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 May 19, 16:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the 5/18/06 version of macrotastics, and unfortunately, it does not seem to have fixed the problem. Sad
What's your bathroom layout configuration? The game in general does not like diagonal doors (although there is a fallback eject code for dealing with them, it only works so-so), and it definitely doesn't like bathrooms with no doors at all, reachable only by elevator or stairs.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 May 19, 16:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No diagonal doors, all are proper bathrooms with four walls and at least one door.  Usually 2x3 or 3x3 or more.  I haven't had a problem with this until recently, same houses I've been playing.   It seems to be a problem when more than one sim is trying to use the same bathroom. 
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 May 20, 21:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a similar problem in a dorm.

Both bathrooms are single sex, both have two toilets and two showers, both rooms have the TP set to reject the sex that does not match the door.

I have found that when two sims are in the bathroom, and a third is wanting to use the bathroom, it seems completely unable to kick the sims in the bathroom out.  Although, cancelling the action of the waiting sim usually fixes things up and lets the sims that are finished be kicked out.  It's not even a matter of cancelling the entire "be used" action, just the circular icon that is below this.

I've been dealing with this by staggering wake times...  I ended up with 1 male and 7 female sims in the dorm at the same time - for best bathroom usage, I had to make no more than 2 female sims wake at the same time.

No error logs are generated, and I'm yet to have the same problem on a home lot, just dorms.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: