More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:28:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 370415 times)
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #600 on: 2009 May 15, 12:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite the big scary red thing, I think this is the right thread to post in?

I can't get the bathroom controller to function properly. Most of the time, when a sim enters the bathroom, the bathrom uses you and toilet icons flash very quickly and the sim just stands there, stuck. They can be unstuck by directing them manually to either leave the bathroom or use the toilet, although in bathrooms with multiple toilets, only one of the toilets will unstick the sim. Directing a Sim to use the "wrong" toilet will result in the action being cancelled and the flashing to continue. Sometimes the bathroom uses the Sim correctly, but more often than not they get stuck.

I am having this issue with all configurations of bathroom and in all houses. Having seek on/off and freewill on/off doesn't affect this issue. I have removed all other hacks and mods from my game and ensured I am using the latest version of bathroom uses you, yet this issue persists. At the moment, bathroom uses you is making my bathroom jams worse!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2009 May 15, 13:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you need to have the macro controller (macrotastics) -- BUY isn't a stand-alone hack, it's part of a set that includes the controller.  It's the controller that actually directs the sims to do what BUY tells them to.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2009 May 15, 14:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding in the macrotastics hack did not help, in fact it seems to have made it more difficult to unstick sims. Also, the macrostastics hack does not appear to be functioning correctly. The macros I have tried ("Use Bathroom" and "Power Idle") are not working.

Am I doing something really basic wrong? I have put the macrostastics file in my downloads directory and placed the controller (that looks like a yellowy cube) on the lot.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2009 May 15, 15:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two questions for you that might help us help you. First, are you using custom toilets or showers? These can cause problems sometimes. Second, are you playing with debug mode on? If an error is occurring, giving us the log can help solve the problem.
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2009 May 15, 15:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, and no.

I can try it with debug mode on if someone tells me exactly what to do.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2009 May 15, 15:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, preferably you should be playing with it in your startup file, but for a one time go:

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+C in the neighborhood view.
2. Enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the box that comes up (without quotes!).

The instructions for getting an error log are in the FAQs in the Podium.

Also, if you see any new options on things and you don't know what they do, don't touch them.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2009 May 15, 15:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bathrooms with multiple toilets?

Either they need to be stalls, or they have to have a controller for each toilet and set each controller to radius "zero" or "one" so that they only call sims to the toilet in their radius.

Default radius by room, so if you have multiple controllers and toilets, they can't decide which loo to send sims to.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2009 May 15, 16:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not it Jelenedra - I first experienced the issue playing a bathroom with only one shower and toilet. Also, the macrotastics hack was not working either.

I actually reinstalled my game and the issue appears resolved - both macrotastics and bathroom uses you appear to now be working correctly. Which is annoying as I'd like to have known why it was broken, but the annoyance for me is surpassed by my joy at this new macrostastics toy. I think it will revolutionise my sims-playing. The skillinator especially is the best thing since sliced bread.

So in short it appears that my game was just broken in some way. I knew the Broke lot was bugged, but it appears the problems were running deeper than that. Sorry to everyone who spent time trying to help me.

*runs off to play with amazing new macro-thingy*

EDIT: I spoke to soon, it's still broken. The macrotastics thing now appears to be working now. I'll try and figure out how to post a debug thingy.

EDIT #2: Error log attached.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 16, 14:45:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2009 May 15, 22:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There appears to be something weird going on with the Terlet you are using. What Terlet is it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2009 May 16, 09:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the maxis stall toilet, but the problem occurs with the basic maxis toilet as well. I have not tried the controller with any other toilets.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2009 May 16, 10:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You definitely have something that is overriding an EAxis BHAV, then, because the error you're getting is nonstandard.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2009 May 16, 11:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where could that be hiding? I have had various hacks installed in the past, but at present the only things in my downloads folder are the bathroom controller and macrotastics. I don't have anything else at all in there, not even custom content or the colour enable package (that wouldn't be required for this hack, would it?).

How the heck would I go about finding the problem?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2009 May 16, 12:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't the slightest idea how you even GET this error, since according to the EAxis BHAV code that is running, it's not supposed to be possible and it doesn't match the code that I see in the files. You obviously have SOMETHING gunking up your files, because this error can't happen. Exactly which version of game is this? It looks like possibly Base + NL?

Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2009 May 16, 14:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's correct, it's base plus nightlife only.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2009 May 16, 14:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried coding a switch to bypass the bad code, since at this point I doubt it will change again. Try and see if it works better in the new version. However, this REALLY shouldn't be happening. Even though NL is horribly buggy and you should probably upgrade to a better version, there's simply no reason why this would happen, as it never happened before. I still think you have some kind of wonky broken file lodged somewhere in your game's inner works.

Gothic by Night
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2009 May 16, 17:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I redownloaded the hack. Now, instead of the buy/toilet icon flashing on and off, it's staying their constantly, but the sim is still not using the toilet. The sim is able to be used by the shower correctly when the toilet is removed from the bathroom.

I honestly have no idea how my game has become so borked. What's more worrying is that I have just reinstalled everything and it's still broken. Could their be something corrupt on my CD itself or is there a messed up file lurking somewhere that didn't get removed by the uninstallation?

Also, when you suggest upgrading to a better version, do you mean installing a later expansion pack? I have ofb, but I don't play with it on (hate playing businesses, but my sims always spin up business related wants). I don't have any later expansions due to the SecuROM issue.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2009 May 16, 21:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM doesn't appear until BV, IIRC, so you could install up to BV. Alternatively, Pirate Cat doesn't pay for his downloads. OFB is fine, though. In fact, even if you don't care for actual BUSINESSES, OFB is one of the most stable engine editions when patched, and the ability to buy community lots unlocks a certain amount of ability to tailor them on its own. Terlet thing should be fixed in this version, though.

Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2009 June 11, 18:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chickens, gate, guest, and BUY: I've got a household of eight (2 adult, 2 teen, four children) with one bathroom, thanks to BUY.  One of the teens had her boyfriend, a mean sim, come over.  The kicky-chickens were, of course, behind a locked gate: I got sick of the gnome-wars.
I had the two teens lined up to use the bathroom, and both popped up the waiting timer.  This happens frequently in this house because one of the other family members got snagged before.  I didn't think much of it, then after a sim-hour or so realized the teens still hadn't gotten to the bathroom, and no one else was using it.  The rest of the family were all lined up skilling on the couch and chairs like good sims.  I tried canceling the teens' actions and requeuing them, but that had no effect..
At this point I looked around outside and found mean boyfriend standing in the snow by the locked gate turned blue with blocked path things over his head.  He hadn't been the only sim over that day, there'd been two others, and I thought he'd left when they did.  I had dad sim tell him to leave and the teens then used the bathroom properly.
The only thing I can think is he'd queued to steal between one and three chickens, then use the bathroom, and couldn't get to the chickens and that locked up the bathroom.  (I don't know how to see what visitors are up to without screwing up the families, adding people into wrong households, etc.)  Is that what happened?  Is that what's supposed to happen?  It's a standard expensive maxis object bathroom, so no custom toilets or anything.  I know there are custom hair and clothes, and I think maybe a custom wall-cover in that house, along with the lot debugger, clothing changer, and BUY.  I have Uni, OFB, and Seasons, and I'm a total noob if that's in any way relevent: I got the game in March, I think it was.  I'll have to keep a closer eye on mean sim guests in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: