More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:37:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 373152 times)
otrjam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 08, 16:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a bunch of updates from here yesterday and the game started crashing.  I narrowed it down to the bathroom controller - redownloaded (the March 7 version) and tried again, with nothing extra in the game but the CEP and this hack, and it's happening again - "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."  Is anyone else having this problem? 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 08, 17:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm having the same problem.  Only JM told me it wasn't possible and that it was a "Rainbow problem."  At least now I'm not the only one! Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 08, 19:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what are you doing that appears to trigger it? We were unable to reproduce the results in any test. When does this occur? What version of game are you running?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
otrjam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 08, 19:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni & NL, not OFB yet.  I just tried it again with a new sim, new lot & new neighborhood, nothing else on it.  I built a bathroom only, played a couple minutes without the TP and it was fine.   When I added the TP, no sooner did I click on the play button than it crashed.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 08, 19:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening for me, too.  NL with patch 2.

The neighborhood is long-established.  The family has just moved into a new house.  Family members are able to use/be used by the bathroom controller with no problems.  However, as soon as a family member greets someone (walkby, invited over, whatever), the game crashes as soon as the greeting animation completes.

This occurred with old TP rolls transported via inventory into the new house, so I thought that might be the problem.  I removed bathroomusesyou altogether, loaded up the house, and saved.  Reintroduced bathroomusesyou, placed new TP rolls (no change to default configuration), and the problem persisted.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 08, 19:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto.  Uni + NLp2, empty lot, three adult sims.  Didn't crash until I placed the TP on the lot.  I'm using 3/7/06 version out of the NL hacks folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 08, 19:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Not able to discern any apparent rational reason why this happens....

Try this version, I messed with some random stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 08, 20:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, doesn't fix it for me.

Edit: I do appear to have a bunch stuff in the Logs directory caused by the crashes.  Would any of that be helpful for you to see?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 20:41:33 by aqualectrix » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 08, 20:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No go, still CTD.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 08, 21:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Situation:

Remove all hacks except this one.
Testing neighborhood, create two CAS sims.
Place smallest empty lot, move in sims.  Pause game.
Build square 2x2 room.  Place a door.
Place toilet inside room with cheap uni shower and toilet paper.  Use default settings, no changes.
Unpause game. 
Game crashes to desktop.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 08, 21:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time? It just crashes? Next time you're on the chat, I'll give you some test builds to run.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 08, 23:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've been having this happen too.  I'll go into a lot, and within minutes of any activity starting on the lot (I usually save when everyone is asleep), the game crashes to the desktop.

At first I thought it was because my good video card died on Sunday, and I replaced it with an older, flakey card so I could send it in for warranty repair. Game started crashing right after, but now that I think about it, I also downloaded a bunch of updates from here and installed them first.  Got a new video card today (different brand) -- same problem. So I tried it on my laptop version, with an exact duplicate of my desktop's Downloads folder, and sure enough, it crashed minutes after the family woke up, and right after the first family member came out of the shower. Between the two, it looks like it might be happening sometime around when it issues the command to kick the sim out of the bathroom.

The weird thing is that the AppErrors log on both machines is full of audio errors, complaining about a duplicate resource. Here's a sample:
ERROR TSAudio: Duplicate resource instance id found ff7bc078 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2e7:ff7bc078
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1073)

And I have noticed that the audio goes into a repeating loop just before the crash. 

I'll down load and try out the new version to see if this goes away.

Edit (about 15 minutes later): nope, this new version has the same problem; soon as a sim is kicked out of the bathroom, the audio goes into a loop, and then the game crashes.

Edit #2 (another 15 minutes): dropped back to the version in the latest moreawesomethanyou.zip (dated 1/31), and the problem goes away.  So something changed between then and now.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 09, 00:18:50 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 09, 01:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dropped back to the 3/4/06 version and the problems have ceased.  The 3/6/06, 3/7/06, and this newest all cause the crash for me.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 10, 14:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new version in the nl/hacks directory dated late yesterday; probably the fix?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 10, 14:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I split the versions for now. The NL version is now a seperate object from the OFB version, which has been dumped to its own directory.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 10, 16:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it possible to make it so visitors (including customers) can take shower/bath as well?
right it seems like visitors only use toilets
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 10, 18:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time you're on the chat, I'll give you some test builds to run.
There's a chat? Huh
otrjam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 10, 20:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just quick feedback:  Your 3-9 NL version is working fine for me.  Thanks.  It's not worth starting up the game without your hacks in it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 10, 21:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitors should be able to use the shower when they've been asked to spend the night.  This is how it worked in the base game, but with the bathroom controller, it doesn't let them regardless.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 10, 21:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitors should be able to use the shower when they've been asked to spend the night.  This is how it worked in the base game, but with the bathroom controller, it doesn't let them regardless.
The Bathroom Uses You test apes the "spend the night" test as of NL, so if it's allowed, they will, provided hygiene is deemed adequately low. Really BORED visitors, however, will keep trying to screw with it, and the controller will see them as "not dirty" and kick them out for loitering to keep the docking port free. However, IF they are low on hygiene, AND have the correct flags set that they can pass the normal shower test, they will use it. Most of the time, however, they aren't low, they're just doing it to piss you off.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 10, 22:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just quick feedback:  Your 3-9 NL version is working fine for me.  Thanks.  It's not worth starting up the game without your hacks in it.

Yup, same here -- new version is working great!  Thanks!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 10, 22:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming the NL 3-9 version is for those that don't have OFB installed, is this correct?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 10, 22:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, since it is in the NL directory.  Tongue  If you have OFB, you should be using hacks out of the OFB directory, regardiless of what other EPs you have.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 24, 01:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For OFB, customers that come in looking for help will go into the bathroom and stay there.  My sim cannot go in to do the "May I help you" interaction because they are immediately sent out of the room by the controller.  Is it possible to make a change so that the confused shopper in need of help is also sent out of the room?  As it is now, I end up having to delete the customer to resolve the problem.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 24, 01:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed some issues with OFB myself. Employees at home businesses don't seem to be able to use the bathroom equipped with the controller while on breaks. Haven't tried it on community lots, yet.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: