More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:11:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 370424 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #425 on: 2006 November 04, 15:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New update should resolve the showerless-bathroom issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2006 November 04, 21:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Pets, it hasn't yet arrived in my little town, so I haven't upgraded any of my mods. I'm having trouble with the bathroom controller and the business controller.

I posted a problem a little while back, where my sims kept spinning after leaving the terlet. Now they can't seem to get in to the terlet.

It's a restaurant community business. One male terlet & basin with male Maxis door, bathroom controller set to seek, all males can use it - employees visitors etc. Same setup for a female terlet. Then there's one that only employees and household can use, unisex, terlet and shower. BUY is set to reject visitors, ordinary Maxis door set to allow staff & household.

No fancy diagonals, just three rooms in a row.

Now my sims just run up and down in front of the terlet doors, when I had my playable being a salesperson I saw he was queued for the loo, they were all empty but he couldn't get in. He should have been able to get in at least 2 of them. I took out all the BUY terlet papers and now the sims can go.

So, is there something I've missed? Could I just upgrade to the latest mod releases even though I don't have Pets?

New update should resolve the showerless-bathroom issue.

Good, thank you, I have the same setup, couple of guest loos on the ground floor, I didn't want showers in those.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2006 November 04, 22:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you set the controllers in the single-sex bathrooms to reject the opposite sex?  I've seen a similar problem in dorms when I forget to set them to reject the opposite sex, or worse set them to reject the wrong sex.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2006 November 05, 00:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you set the controllers in the single-sex bathrooms to reject the opposite sex?  I've seen a similar problem in dorms when I forget to set them to reject the opposite sex, or worse set them to reject the wrong sex.

Hehe, I checked that VERY carefully! The male terlet is set to reject females and vice versa. I didn't change any other groupings. The employee sims should still have been able to use the unisex one with the normal Maxis door, set to allow employees and household.

I did have seek set on each of the three BUY controllers, but I didn't touch radius, just left it on default room.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2006 November 05, 00:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting multiple errors now when a Sim tries to use the shower or tub.  I have not moved anything or changed the layout in the bathrooms in this house in a long time, and was running BUY with no errors prior to this latest update. 

I am running the version of BUY dated 11/4/06 11:00 am.  Error log is attached. 

Karen

« Last Edit: 2006 November 05, 05:13:23 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2006 November 05, 00:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the newer version:
 bathroomusesyou.zip     05-Nov-2006 01:58    41k
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2006 November 05, 01:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the newer version:
 bathroomusesyou.zip     05-Nov-2006 01:58    41k
Umm... that's the same version. It's just that you've put the zip file modification date, and karen used the package modification date.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2006 November 05, 01:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version I am running is from the director's cut.  The error occurs 2 or 3 times for every single attempt to use a shower/tub with BUY, no matter who is trying to use it. 

Karen

EDIT:  Maybe it's just the expensive shower-tub that's the problem?  I tried another lot that has only regular bathtubs and didn't have any problems. 
« Last Edit: 2006 November 05, 01:52:02 by karen » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2006 November 05, 02:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing, and yea, both bathrooms in the house have the expensive shower/tub.  In my case it was fine all sim-day, until the two toddlers grew into children.  That made 5 sims on the lot (parents, older child, and the twins), and as soon as one of the twins used the bathroom, it started throwing errors.  From that point on, every sim that used the bathroom got multiple (3 or 4) errors on the way to the shower.  I've attached one of my error logs too, so JMP can check if it's the same problem.

Edit: Ok, it seems to happen in houses with more than one bathroom, and possibly is tied to the expensive tub/shower. I'm in a house now that has only one bathroom with the expensive tub/shower, and no errors.

Another edit:  Got the error this time in a bathroom with the cheap shower.  It also had the expensive toilet and a sink, but removing both of those and replacing the toilet didn't help.  Strange...

Edit #3:  went into a dorm this time, and the bathroom controller never stopped erroring.  Had to turn the testing cheats off in order ot be able to play at all.  Its two toilet, two sink, two shower bathrooms, one for each sex.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 06, 07:04:04 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2006 November 05, 05:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting multiple errors now when a Sim tries to use the shower or tub.  I have not moved anything or changed the layout in the bathrooms in this house in a long time, and was running BUY with no errors prior to this latest update.
Fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2006 November 21, 04:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hope this post gets noticed, its been some time since anyone posted.  although im using the newest directors cut version, my cat attempting to pee in the toilet has gotten caught in a loop, the ring around the pee icon refreshes/expires,  and the cat gets taken away for starvation.  neither deleting the tp or the toilet will break the loop, nor exiting and re-entering the house.  i dont have any hacks unfortunately to unlearn the pee comand.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2006 November 21, 07:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the last version I installed seems to be ignoring hygiene needs until they are critical and they have the green stink wafting from them. I'm using standard Maxis fixtures.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2006 November 21, 14:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive seen mine use the shower for hygeine in pets, maybe its another hack causing a problem?  for the cat problem i found christianlov's learned behavior controller can allow you to set the value of the command to use the toilet back to zero, which stops the looping problem with the cats, although presumably the bathrooms arent working at optiomal value with a cat 'client'. 

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2006 November 21, 15:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm i dont know if we use the same controller but it should be the latest Version in my Game. I have only one playable Cat.
 Its Sim Trepies Claude.
 No Probs with use Terlet seen there.
 Are you sure the Animation could work? Cats needs  more free space (2 Tiles i think) in front of the Throne.

Edit: I have the latest controller. No Probs and Claude needs only one free Tile like Sims do (got confused with the Cat move around to find the right point to start animation.)
« Last Edit: 2006 November 22, 13:30:53 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2006 November 22, 19:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hope this post gets noticed, its been some time since anyone posted.  although im using the newest directors cut version, my cat attempting to pee in the toilet has gotten caught in a loop, the ring around the pee icon refreshes/expires,  and the cat gets taken away for starvation.  neither deleting the tp or the toilet will break the loop, nor exiting and re-entering the house.  i dont have any hacks unfortunately to unlearn the pee comand.
Are you using a custom terlet other than the Pets Flushforce? Pre-Pets Custom Terlets may not be pet-enabled.

sashasplat
« Reply #440 on: 2006 November 22, 22:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of this hack is? It looks and sounds really cool. So I am assuming it like kicks people out of the restroom? Cool.  Grin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2006 November 23, 01:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.  It finds a Sim that need to pee or bathe, summons them to the bathroom, sits them on the terlet, shoves them in the shower, and kicks them out again.  If two Sims really really need the bathroom at the same time, one of them gets put into wait mode so they don't interrupt each other and the second one goes in their turn.

Other than that, the Macrotastics controller uses it to streamline the skilling process.  You pick Macro->Skillinator->(whatever), and it will send your Sims to the bathroom, have them eat something, kick a flamingo, drink coffee, etc. to get their mood up far enough to learn a skill, then put them to work.  When they quit due to low moods, it repeats the process.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2006 November 23, 06:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of this hack is? It looks and sounds really cool. So I am assuming it like kicks people out of the restroom? Cool.  Grin

Try reading the readme file that comes with the hack, oddly enough you often get info about the hack from that source.

pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2006 December 02, 18:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is the ffsdebugger now included in this mod?

Pcgeekri
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2006 December 02, 19:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Packaging error. Removing it.

pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2006 December 02, 23:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado,

What's up with this new version?  I have sims getting stuck in the shower (Added:  My sim was pregnant also but not showing yet.  Strut your stuff shower would stop spraying, sim would stop wash animation and less than a second the shower would start spraying again and the sim would begin wash animation again it was like BUY was on paranoid setting if that hygiene dropped just 1 point the shower would start up again.  BUY never got a chance to engage "eject"), if a sim changes into work clothes after using the shower a bunch of BUYs get cued (added: these icons were a bunch of "Eject" BUY icons) after the "sim at work" icon and no one could use the bathroom until I manually cleared those other cued "Eject" BUYs (Added: The bathroom is actually sitting there empty cause the sim that changed into work clothes has walked to the car pool and has left the lot.).  The other sim would pace back and forth with the BUY waiting icon.  (Added: This house is small and has only one bathroom and therefore one BUY.  Contained in this bathrrom is a maxis toilet (the cheap one), maxis bathtub (least expensive model), and the maxis strut your stuff shower.)  The shower is the "strut your stuff" communal shower.  I use it quite a bit cause it is so cheap and takes little room.

I'm going back to the version from about a week ago.

(Added:  FYI, the older version from 11/25 works great so I'll keep using it until you find the problem with this one.  And you'll find the problem, you are the genius after all.)

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 15:35:36 by pcgeekri » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2006 December 03, 06:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have not observed this. More likely your bathroom has something wrong with it, causing the ejector to malfunction and your sim to get stuck in it. Describe in greater detail.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2006 December 03, 15:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a pregnant Sim who won't stop using the bathroom even when her hygiene and bladder are maxed.  I replaced the toilet, bathtub, and BUY in this particular bathroom with brand-new ones, but it didn't make any difference.  She keeps going from the toilet to the tub and back again, in an endless loop.  The screenshot shows her about to take another shower when she's just stepped out of the tub, hygiene 100%. 

The sleep clock is set but didn't summon her to bed although she has low energy.  When I tried to make her go to bed I got the attached error.  I'm not sure if these problems are related or not.  The bed in question is the one in the screenshot.  It's not a Maxis bed but I haven't had any problems with it before.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 19:48:28 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2006 December 03, 15:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also a prob with Bathroomusesyou and a pregnat Sim in a loop to use the Shower.
I have to tell her to go to another place out of Bath and cancel the queue from the controller.
Her Husband has no probs to use the Bath. Its a 3x3 Bath. Got no errors.
Edit: She has the same prob in the second Bathroom (its a 5x4) Nothing blocks her way out.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 16:07:00 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2006 December 03, 19:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a pregnant Sim who won't stop using the bathroom even when her hygiene and bladder are maxed.  I replaced the toilet, bathtub, and BUY in this particular bathroom with brand-new ones, but it didn't make any difference.  She keeps going from the toilet to the tub and back again, in an endless loop.  The screenshot shows her about to take another shower when she's just stepped out of the tub, hygiene 100%.
Try new version.

The sleep clock is set but didn't summon her to bed although she has low energy.  When I tried to make her go to bed I got the attached error.  I'm not sure if these problems are related or not.  The bed in question is the one in the screenshot.  It's not a Maxis bed but I haven't had any problems with it before.
Probably the bed was borked somehow, the Sleep Clock was able to invisibly detect borkedness and thus found no bed available, and when you tried to force it manually, you got an error. Did the resetting of the bed fix the problem, or is it still broken?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: