More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:16:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 372802 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #350 on: 2006 September 21, 11:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it, fixed it, redownload.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2006 September 21, 23:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MostAwesomeOne, i redownloaded, installed.  Went to that dorm, cancelled her waiting BUY, instructed her to macro/use bathroom and she immediately went and took a shower while the other girl was taking a shower.   Later on, 2 male dormies also took a shower at the same time.   Works perfectly.   Smiley
   Later on, i'll retest the Maxis dorm that has one unixex terlet area with 2 gender specific shower areas attached.  I'm guessing i'll need a BUY in each gender shower area (set to room radius of course) plus the neutral BUY's in each Terlet for that setup?  i'm also guessing the neutral BUY's be set to a bigger radius so they see the showers?  Or would that cause the shower BUY's not kicking out a sim when finished, as it'll send them to another Terlet area?
   Editors note:  Deleting the example i put up on TS2, also removed the thank you as i have no goat available -  even when that "EP that shall not be named" arrives, i will still have no goat available.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 21, 23:24:53 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2006 September 22, 00:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, working fine now.  No problems with multi-shower bathrooms anymore.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2006 September 24, 02:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, ok, seems like another problem has cropped up in the latest version.  It works fine in common/dorm bathrooms now, but it has some problems in residences, where two (or more) sims will go into the bathroom at the same time, even when one is already doing a BUY action (i.e., using the terlet).  The additional sims get 'stuck' for a while, until one of them finally shoos the rest.  It seems like it's taking a while for the 'eject and wait until the bathroom is free' command to kick in.

I've tried replacing the existing controllers, but that hasn't helped.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: 2006 September 24, 03:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had this happen in my dorm. Although... I didn't replace the existing controllers. I suppose I could try that... but it pretty much happens as joe describes. Sometimes two sims will get stuck in the same bathroom, sometimes one sim will be in there, and another sim will get stuck as if they are trying to go into that room, but other bathrooms are free. The sim that is stuck doesnt get the waiting clock sub-icon thingie. The regular BUY icon sort of just blinks in and out... as if it is fading but then gets instantly pushed back onto their queue. When the sim in the bathroom finishes and leaves, the stuck sim now enters that bathroom that was previously occupied. *shrugs* I'll try replacing the controllers to see if it does anything.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2006 September 24, 13:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now. Found another error, may or may not be related.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2006 September 24, 15:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now. Found another error, may or may not be related.

Sure, as soon as you post the new version. Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2006 September 24, 21:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting ready to load in my game. I usually check MATY first for updates. Will you be uploading the new BUY soon?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2006 September 25, 01:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's up now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2006 September 25, 02:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, apparently the FTP program wigged out and pretended to upload but didn't.

KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: 2006 September 25, 03:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Goombas.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2006 September 25, 08:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue, two old sims, locked in a lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday - ahem - sorry - yes icon blinking and two sims stuck for a moment. I'll try the new download too.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2006 September 26, 01:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue, two old sims, locked in a lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday - ahem - sorry - yes icon blinking and two sims stuck for a moment. I'll try the new download too.

Ma, ya' gonna use the can?

No paw, you go first.

No you.

No you.

Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2006 October 01, 11:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I set up a business on a comm lot with 2 bathrooms, one male and one female. Since I set the BUY appropriately, I used normal doors. The females could use either bathroom, but the males could use neither. Then I rechecked the configuration to make sure it was correct, then installed male and female bathroom doors. After that, the females could use the female bathroom, but the males could use neither bathroom.

So I made a male selectable, and tried to get him to manually enter the bathroom. He couldn't do it. I replaced the bathroom, gender-specific door with a regular one, and he still couldn't use it. Finally, I made a unisex bathroom and now everyone can pee.

Can you check to see if you got the male/female part mixed up? "Reject females" appears to actually reject males.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2006 October 01, 12:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that part was changed...make sure that the options are actually correctly set: If the "Reject" option appears, then it is currently set for "Accept": The option which appears is the option to change to that option.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2006 October 01, 14:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The options are correct. I've checked several times. I'll find another lot with his and her baths and see if it behaves better over there.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2006 October 06, 18:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What am I doing wrong?

I rented a two story Uni house for my YA. The door leading upstairs is locked for all except household (Maxis door lock). The upstairs bath has a toilet and tub/shower combo. The downstairs bath has a toilet only. Both bathrooms have BUY. The upstairs buy is set to reject visitors, seek on. The downstairs bath has seek off, reject visitors.

The problem comes in with the YA who lives there. When he has to go to the bathroom, it usually pulls him into the downstairs bath, which has a toilet only. Then it spits him back out instead of sending him to the upstairs shower. After a few seconds, the BUY pulls him into the downstairs bath again because his hygeine is low. Then it just spits him back out again, and keeps repeating this sequence.

In other households, when one family member finishes using the toilet and the shower is in use, or blocked, or there isn't one in that particular bathroom, the controller always sends them to another bathroom to finish their needs. So why won't it do it for this house? Is it because of the locked door?

I know I can add a shower to the downstairs bath to solve the problem, but I enlarged the bedroom to accomodate a double bed, which made the bathroom smaller. Besides, I just wanted to use the downstairs bath for visitors.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2006 October 19, 16:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it is related here got an error loop with don lothario while trying to shower.
Error log attached.
 I have only "Awesome"  Pets  compatible hacks and the old StillivePainting. (moodbooster)

Sorry not related it was  noteleportpuddle hidden in my new hack folder.
*Walks off in shame

« Last Edit: 2006 October 19, 16:48:20 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2006 October 19, 21:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still needed that, you know.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2006 October 20, 04:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
Object id: 268
name: N002_User00317 - Porthos
Stack size: 8
Error: Flag reference is out of range.
Iterations: 1
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 268
    Stack Object name: N002_User00317 - Porthos
    Node: 4
    Tree: id 394 name 'Flood - Create' version 17
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 268 0 0    Locals: 0
  Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 244
    Stack Object name: Destination - For Pee
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4157 name 'Event - Create Pee' version -32755
    from Destination
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 101    Locals:

I'm guessing it's this (from noteleportpuddle):

Code:
     4: Global(Game Edition) Flag Set? 64 (0x40); true: 5, false: 7
     5: Pet - Is Pet?(Param 0); true: 6, false: 7

redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2006 October 20, 05:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting errors every time a dog pees on the floor. Removing noteleportpuddle seems to fix this. It might be related to what dizzy has posted about above...
Here's the error log, anyway.

Edit: Soz, it seems this error has already been posted on two other areas of the site......it's hard to keep up. Undecided

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2006 October 20, 11:35:30 by redmachine » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2006 October 20, 13:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is BUY working with Pets? Anyone have any experience? I am running very lean on hacks at the moment. Just the ones I absolutely can't live without (lesswhiny, noroutefail, nowhatsthis).

I did notice my sims will happy use the toilet with a pet in the room, so at least they aren't a problem in that regard. They can cause traffic jams in the small bathrooms though. I had one cat and one sim do the doorway shuffle (move. no, you move. no, you move. no you).

Also, it's possible to train cats to use the toilet.  Wink

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2006 October 20, 13:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it's possible to train cats to use the toilet.  Wink

I have seen this option a few times but I don't see an option to train them to use the litterbox.  Are they supposed to just use the litterbox on their own?  I haven't played cats long enough to be sure.

BUY seems to be working OK for me so far.

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2006 October 20, 13:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the litterbox is just instinctual, although I bet you can praise them for using it and/or scold them for going to bathroom somewhere else to try and reinforce that behavior, but it's not a command that you can tell them to do like using the toilet once they are trained.

Actually, if you adopt a pet by phone they come already with some reinforced behaviors. It's rather convenient because you can tell which animal is going to be a total spaz or destroy the furniture and which are well behaved before you adopt them. I didn't see any cats in the adoption pool though, but maybe that was just coincidence?

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2006 October 20, 14:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see any cats in the adoption pool though, but maybe that was just coincidence?

Did you click on the correct icon in the adoption window?  There is one for large dogs, one for small dogs, and one for cats.

I wish they'd shipped the game with more, um, attractive-looking dogs and cats in the adoption pool.  I can see now that I'm going to have to spend some time this weekend figuring out how to use the Create-a-Pet, because most of the ones shipped with the game are just ugly, IMHO.  (Knowing Maxis, that's not exactly a big surprise....)

Karen
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: