More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:13:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!  (Read 370419 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« on: 2005 December 22, 01:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New, improved logics. Newer, less bloated mesh from Crammyboy. Still More Awesome Than You: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses YOU!

bathroomusesyou.zip

In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses YOU! (v2.52) for TS2 v1.0 - TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)
Mesh By: Crammyboy

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

FEATURES:
Are you tired of Sims using the bathroom all at once, causing bathroom pileups?
Well, in Soviet Russia, you don't use bathroom: Bathroom uses YOU! Handles many
configurations of bathroom, including single toilet + shower and multiple stall
toilets + seperate shower rooms, or stall toilets + communal shower room.
Accepts room-only and radial device search modes. Compatible with all standard
showers, toilets, and urinals. Because in Soviet Russia, ass wipes YOU!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

I.  BE USED
        Instructs the bathroom to use the Sim.
II.  CONFIGURE SEARCH ROOM/RADIUS
        ROOM ONLY: Controller will only search for devices inside current room.
        RADIUS: Controller will search for devices within specified radius.
III. CONFIGURE SEEK ON/OFF
        OFF: Bathroom will only use people found loitering in the bathroom.
        ON:  Bathroom will use resident sims as required.
For optimal results, place them at least one per bathroom minimum, preferrably
one per toilet. For optimal results, the "stall" toilets are recommended.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. For all versions. Tested for TS2PETS.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 12, 00:14:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Bathroom Controller: In Soviet Russia, Bathroom Uses You!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 22, 02:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone asks, all you have to do is replace the file in your Downloads (or Hacks) folder.  You don't have to replace every single TP roll.

Way to not give any information at all, Pes.  Tongue
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 22, 02:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, thanks Blue.  I was just wondering about that and thinking, "My god!  All those TP rolls...that's gonna take all night...."

Cheesy

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 22, 04:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly FC. Wink  I am happy to see that my recolors of the TP still work also!  Yay!  I wonder what "improved logics" we should expect?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 22, 05:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have recoloured TP!? 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 22, 05:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I only have white and black right now, but I can make other colors.  It's not hard to do.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 22, 16:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rainbow: are you sharing them anywhere?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 22, 20:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not currently, but I can.  I didn't know if anyone was interested.  I mentioned them once before but no one said anything.

EDIT:  I am going to try zipping them up and uploading them to Peasantry.  Let me know if you are interested in any other colors.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 24, 02:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just recently put this hack in and it seems to be working well, except when I instruct a Sim to call and 'invite over' another sim.

When the invited sim turns up on the lot, they just stand at the edge of the lot and can't be greeted because the sim who did the 'inviting over' starts running around at fast forward speed and seems to be highjacked by the bathroom uses you controller (i.e: the action is queued and keeps queuing even after the action is cancelled). Once the 'invited over' sim is cleared off the lot (usually by Inge's shrub) the sim goes back to functioning at normal speed and the action to use the bathroom goes out of the queue.

Anybody else experienced this and have any idea why it happens?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 24, 10:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced it, but maybe you have seek on and that's buggering things up? Or the radius on it is set too high.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 13, 12:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've discovered that if I have a controller and a toddler's potty in the same room, I can't have a parent potty train the kid because the controller keeps trying to chase one or the other (usually the toddler) out of the bathroom. I have to either move the potty outside the bathroom, or temporarily move the controller to someones inventory to keep the conflict from happening.

Anyone else seen this happen?  It's not really a big deal; more of a minor annoyance if I forget to 'disable' the controller before the first time a sim starts the potty training...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 13, 13:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting the potty actually *IN* the bathroom is unwise on several levels. Firstly, anyone attempting to use the bathroom will attempt to shoo the toddler out of the bathroom. The toddler will probably become confused by this and block the terlet until everyone pees themselves. Secondly, the toddler would be unable to use the potty while the bathroom is in use. Thirdly, it puts the toddler in the bathroom! The bathroom controller does not LIKE toddlers in the bathroom for one very, very obvious reason, and very aggressively attempts to purge toddlers from bathrooms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 13, 16:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, anyone attempting to use the bathroom will attempt to shoo the toddler out of the bathroom.

I've never seen a toddler get shooed out of the bathroom. All of my Sims just go about their business as if the toddler isn't even there.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 13, 20:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't put potties in the bathroom anymore.  Even before I had the bathroom controller, the toddler was unable to get to the potty when he needed to go if someone was already in there.  I saw this with Brandi Broke's house when I first got the game.  If someone was in there, the poor toddler would sit outside the door crying with a door in his thought bubble.

The issue I have is that if a parent takes the toddler to the bathroom to bathe them, the bathroom controller is trying to throw out the toddler, so when the parent finishes bathing the toddler, the Return action is voided, and the parent puts the toddler on the bathroom floor.  The toddler is then thrown out along with the parent, but the problem is when the bathtub is on a different floor and the toddler cannot get back to the nursery.  I have to get the parent to pick up the toddler and carry them back to the nursery if it is on a different floor.  Otherwise, the poor kid sits at the top of the stairs complaining about the stairs.  My toddlers end up needing at least one bath during the toddler stage, especially after they are potty trained. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 14, 14:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the bath issue, but I guess that's because I've disabled the bathroom controller before then.  I usually put the potty in the bathroom to save the parents steps when emptying it, and because some of my more well-off sims have more than one bathroom, so the conflict isn't a problem. But I guess I'll just put the potty elsewhere from now on. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 14, 17:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the bath issue, but I guess that's because I've disabled the bathroom controller before then.  I usually put the potty in the bathroom to save the parents steps when emptying it, and because some of my more well-off sims have more than one bathroom, so the conflict isn't a problem.
Well, I find that emptying is an infrequent occurrence, and usually needs to be done yesterday when you notice it, so usually you wind up selling the potty for a new empty one because there's no time to empty it or you'll miss your housebreaking window.

I've never seen the conflict with a toddler and washing it. It has been known to cause duelling if the someone tries to use the bathroom while the toddler is in use, though. An integration of this functionality is currently under consideration.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 14, 18:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emptying the potty isn't an issue for me, because I use the no-empty potty hack. Cheesy  I got annoyed with sims having to empty it all the time, and if the first attempt failed because the kid got off the potty before he was done for some reason, they couldn't put the kid back on again until they had emptied it.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 20, 19:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wonky issue with showers in a dorm:

I have some sims in the smallest dorm (8 room) at SimState.  The girls bathroom is setup very similar to the boy bathroom.  There are two stalls with terlets and an archway leading to the shower room with two or three of the wall showers.

At first, I configured the controller to reject females in the male bathroom and vice versa.  Initially, the women would wait outside the male bathroom even though the female bathroom was open.  The "waiting" icon was not up, only the soviet symbol one that indicates they are being used.  After x-ing out this icon, they then went into the female bathroom.  The males did not do this with the female bathroom.

Anyway, when the girls finally figured out they needed to use the girls' bathroom, they still will not automatically be called and use the showers.  The guys do fine.  I have one controller in each stall and I then also put one in the shower room, but to no avail.  They don't shower after using the terlet, and they will go into hygeine failure and not shower.  They spongebathe at the sink instead.  If I click on the showerhead and tell them to shower, no problem, but they won't do it on their own with the controller.

I played this dorm before and haven't had this problem.  Weird

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 20, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like radial crosstalk. If the bathrooms are too close together, you're getting items from one bathroom caught in the detection radius of one of the controllers, and the controller thus thinks the item in the other bathroom is part of the current bathroom and tries to send them there. Of course, they can't get there. This is, of course, bad. If the showers are all wall showers, you may want to consider simply knocking out the wall and archway to make it the same room and use room mode instead of radial mode.

Or maybe that's why they're not using the shower, because you're on room and not radial mode.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 20, 20:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Will try that.  I can't remember if I have it on room or radial mode.  I think I've tried both.  But the bathrooms are very close together.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 20, 22:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem too at that dorm.  I solved it by removing the archway and leaving a gap in the wall there.  I played with different settings and none were satisfactory, except for this one.  It's not as pretty but it's functional, and I play with the walls down most of the time anyway.
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 21, 09:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I have a question about logic used to autonomously find a bathroom, it SEEMS that Sims use "as the etheral crow flies" to find the nearest bathroom, so they might decide the bathroom below their feet is closer than the one on the same floor but a few steps away. For this reason I usually build "bathroom stacks" where the toilet is on the same tile on each floor, since doing so I've never had problems with Sims traipsing up and down stairs to use bathrooms.

So uh, the question. Am I being superstitious? (altough I'm sure the plumbers appreciate the toilet stacks :p)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 21, 17:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One issue I've had with this hack, which otherwise has been very useful, is when someone blocks the dishwasher, which the Sims prefer to use first, then other Sims will take dirty plates to the bathroom sink. I'm playing in the large 16-room dorm in Fiesta Tech with 13 playables and some are quite neat, so they will constantly be taking plates to wash into the bathroom and I can't cancel them out all the time. The controller will inevitably nab them to be used and I'll get a huge stack of stinky plates sitting in the bathroom. This happens of course in houses too. I wish the controller would just let them wash the plates. I've noticed the cafeteria worker can take them in and clean them just fine, likely because he never has to pee?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 21, 19:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a problem with washing plates in the bathroom. My sims occasionally try when I tell them to get rid of a plate and the dishwashers are all blocked (which is rare since I tend to install multiple docking ports to avoid this, except in old, cramped houses), and they wash it just fine, then get used after. Have you tried simply telling them to clean up the stack of plates?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 21, 20:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen too.  It may be that you don't see it because you don't have free will enabled.  When sims autonomously go into the bathroom for any reason, whether it is to wash a plate or clean the bathtub, they either get used or thrown out.  This is why you can direct them to clean up the plates and they will do it.  Otherwise, they get thrown out when trying to do so themselves.  I too would like it if the controller allowed them to do "cleaning" type activities such as washing plates, mopping the floor, cleaning the tub, etc. without being thrown out.  As well as picking up babies that are born in the bathroom.  I've had to use moveobjects to move babies out of the bathroom who were born there because even when I've manually told them to pick up the baby or click on the crib for them to put them in, they get thrown out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: