More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 01:59:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  6 want slots without Uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 6 want slots without Uni  (Read 3724 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
6 want slots without Uni
« on: 2005 December 21, 16:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As JM suggested in another thread, I tried using twojeffs college adjuster to add want slocks and locks to non-uni sims, without actually having the uni expansion pack (only NL). So far it has worked without much of a hitch- the graphics look crazy at first, but they go back to normal if you switch to another sim and then switch back. I've played for about a sim week this way and haven't experienced any major problems yet, except for some of the sims occasionally having blank want slots. However, I had this problem before trying it (esp with sims that are or once were once npcs), so I have doubts that this is the cause- I've noticed it increasing slightly, but I think it's because the latest version of inteen and some other unmentionable hacks are messing up my game in all sorts of other ways. No word yet on adding a fear slot- I tried it but it didn't seem to take, so I think I messed up with the clicking somehow, and I am fairly certain that it should work when I try it again. Haven't tried adding a seventh want slot, either, or more than 2 locks.

So far I have't tried any of the other colledge adjustor unctions, and out of caution, I don't really plan to. Just thought I'd share this with you all.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 21, 19:43:51 by Ellatrue » Logged

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: 6 want slots without Uni
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 21, 22:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the report, Ellatrue, that's all good to know.

Haven't actiually employes the hack yet, but I have 2jeffs hack too which I got for one particular sim: I want him to be educated but didn't want to bother with taking him thru Uni (not that I'm lazy I just happend to create him as an adult and with a wife and then found that I really like the couple and I want him to be a 'professional' and her to be a gold digger Smiley

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 22, 07:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni, and it doesn't seem to be possible to add a fear slot once a sim has 6 want slots.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 26, 23:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so do they get the additional fear slot with the 5th want slot, and then the 6th slot gets added later? I tried it again, and it didn't work, but maybe I can try doing things in that order instead.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 27, 01:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim cannot have 6 wants and 4 fears.  The way it works is that they only get a fear slot if they drop out of college.  A sim does not receive the 6th want slot until completion of Senior year, which is graduation.  After completing Freshman year, they get the 5th Want slot.  The second want lock comes after completion of Junior year.  (Completing Sophomore year gives them the opportunity to change their aspirations.  I think the Prima Guide has these last two backwards.)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 27, 21:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, they can get an additional fear slot after the 5th want slot, but not after the 6th?

Yay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 27, 22:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is correct - the fear slot is just a replacement for the 6th want slot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: