More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:08:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cemeterary Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cemeterary Question  (Read 2562 times)
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cemeterary Question
« on: 2005 December 21, 16:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi All and BTW Merry Xmas to all!

Some month ago, before installing Nightlife, I had many sims dead by natural age and some by selfkilling.
Due the fact I don't like ghosts into my lots, I always deleted their gravestones.

Now, with NL, I have the opportunity to place these gravestones into a community "cemetary" lot.

My question is: There is a way to "reload" the old dead sims to have their gravestones into the new lot?

I tried some ways, as via resurrect-o-nomitron or with the Insimenator's summoner, but no luck.

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Cemeterary Question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 21, 18:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason you can't get them back is because deleting the gravestones (w/o nounlinkondelete) results in deleting most data stored in the character files. No character file, no grave. Ergo, you can't get the graves back.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 21, 19:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help you or not.  Try reading this topic

In it Pescado said :
The fix cannot retroactively correct sims that have already been shredded. The tombstones in the process of disintegration will probably still combust.

It is, however, possible to regenerate them. You will need: Lot Debugger 2.0, Ingelogical Teleporter Shrub.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 21, 19:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think, too, if you have a back-up from when they were still alive, you could open the files in SimPE, copy the missing data and then reload the ghosts and replace the data. If you are in N001, call it N001 current (or something similar) before you put the back up into your Sims2 Folder, then SimPE will go to the old N001.  After you've finished, just move the back-up back to wherever you store them, and rename the current folder to N001.

Zephyr Zodiac
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 22, 09:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all,
I think I would try the Pescado's topic suggestion first, because I don't have backups for previous state.

Merry Xmas

ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: