More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:02:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone test the new character file limit (post NL) ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone test the new character file limit (post NL) ?  (Read 3341 times)
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Anyone test the new character file limit (post NL) ?
« on: 2005 December 23, 12:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all know that you start hitting a critical mass at around 800 character files and getting odd glitches. That's when you need hacks (critical fixes) to keep you 'hood running.

According to Maxis this limit has been increased. Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone been brave enough to test this?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Anyone test the new character file limit (post NL) ?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 23, 13:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not me-I get bored after a while and keep making new n'hoods! Grin

rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 23, 14:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe! Can't say I blame you Emma. That's probably the best way to go about it.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 23, 14:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not me-I get bored after a while and keep making new n'hoods! Grin

Ditto...Smiley.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 23, 22:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was a little girl, I remember spending endless hours setting up "houses" for my barbies.  I didn't have store bought one, but I would set up elaborate sets (as in theater sets) for them with whatever I could find.  Bed made of Kleenex boxes, bed sheets from hand towels, ect..  Then soon as I was done and started playing with the barbies, I'd get bored and stop.  It was the setting up I enjoyed.

I find I'm the same with the Sims.  I spend endless hours downloading stuff, creating sims, building houses, ect... setting things up. I've been setting up neibourhood after neighbourhood.  But the playing bores me quickly.  Weird how you don't change
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 24, 00:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling I'll figure it out soon enough in Pleasantville, it's starting to get pretty crowded there, although I have not checked to see how many character files there currently are.  There's not a downtown there yet though so I don't know if that will help or not.  I do have critical fixes though and those helped stop the insanity that was going on in my Legacy 'hood and it wasn't even as big as some of the other 'hoods I have played when it started exploding.  Don't know if I will notice or not with the critical fixes. 

I've been curious as to if there is a limit where the critical fixes don't even help anymore?  I couldn't imagine even having that many sims in the 'hood but I'm sure somebody out there somewhere does.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 24, 01:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's more likely to be someone who plays a legacy type game and has gone about ten generations and has loads of family ghosts!  That number of playable sims in a hood is just so much to keep going round!  And of curse, if you use the notownieregeneration etc. hacks, and deletealcharacters before you start, it takes a good while just to reach about 400 characters!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: