More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:41:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Immortal Lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Immortal Lot  (Read 3691 times)
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Immortal Lot
« on: 2005 December 20, 12:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a house on an empty lot on a college campus, never put anyone in the house. Packaged the lot then put it on a downtown lot. So now the people I put in the house will not age, pregnancy won't develope. I also ran into this problem previous to NL on another lot and notice the school bus wouldn't arrive.

Has anyone ran into this one? Is there some setting that is in Simpe that needs changed?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Immortal Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 20, 12:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read somewhere that it has to do something with the aging controllers, since it was originally built on an uni campus. I think it was also said that moving the family out than back in again would reset it. Then again, I'm not entirely sure since I haven't run into the problem personally.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 20, 12:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any lot built on a Uni neighborhood will develop this problem if moved to a non-Uni neighborhood via lotbin. In order to clear this, you need to evict the family and allow the lot to be reset in order to respawn all the controllers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 20, 14:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick info. I will try moving them out and back in to see if it resets correctly.

This glitch does have some possible advantages, you could keep a sim pregnant and collecting  her salary forever! Or would this be cruel and unusual Sim punishment?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 15:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a family sim with a desperate want to have a baby, I'd say yes! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 20, 15:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another one of the  nucences that go with Uni.
I love the little rental houses and packaged a bunch of them only to have this problem and even stranger when I moved old Mortimer in to one of them I got a pop up that he had class in an hour.

But so far moving some one in then back out again seems to work.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 20, 15:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving the house to the Uni Lot Bin, then back in again, thus (if you have NL) leaving a copy behind, which can be used in Downtown or the main neighbourhood?  Be interesting to know if this method works, since the option only appeared with NL and they just may have taken this into account!

I also wonder whether the method of loading the house and changing something, exiting and saving before you put the family in would solve the problem, as it did with some Sims2 houses.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 20, 16:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Houses moved directly in to the bin from the uni still glitch on me at first.
But once you move a sim in then out again you can delete the origional copy from the bin and then move the one you've vacated in to the bin and you have a non buggie copy in the bin for forever ( or till you delete it from the bin)

Cool thing is that if you move Uni made community lots you have Unitownies and such on the lots when you visit them so you can have your Teens get friendly with professors in advance if you catch them. Or you can have a wider variety of Sims to date if you don't mind age gaps.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 20, 22:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Professors show up on all community lots anyway.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: