More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:59:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition  (Read 352294 times)
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
« Reply #275 on: 2006 November 17, 20:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm... it poked through the floor in my game... though I haven't tried in a while. maybe its changed since then? worth a shot I suppose.

and Rainbow while I agree I love the morphability of twojeff's ACR controller I didn't want to ask for anything that elaborate from J.M. I thought the plain "placeholder" box was asking a lot as it was! *laughs*

Edit: I just this minute checked and it definitely still sticks up through the floor in my game.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 17, 21:26:35 by Meska » Logged

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2006 November 17, 21:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the cheatbox: Ctrl-Shift-c

Type 'moveobjects on' and enter.

In buy or build mode, use the hand tool to move your stuff into the lowest level of your house, which should have at least some tiles of solid foundation.

Re-open the cheatbox and type 'moveobjects off' and enter.

Against all reason, the sync timer doesn't poke through the wood floor in my houses when I level up above the foundation.  I actually prefer tucking all my tools in one obvious spot, because I play quite a few large lots.  I used to forget where these special objects were from house to house, because they were so well hidden in plain sight.  Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2006 November 17, 21:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be the option to see objects on different levels in video or game options, I forget which.  It's always been turned off in my game.  Maybe that has something to do with it.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2006 November 19, 01:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put mine in the foundation underneath an appliance, like a stove. I can't notice it, unless I zoom in on the oven.
Syque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2006 December 09, 01:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy to report that the synctimer is working just fine with Pets.  I didn't bother deleting it from my downloads before installing, and the settings were exactly where I expected them to be when I loaded the game with CC enabled.

Karen
Nope, I'm having the uninstalling problem too, but I have to reinstall it every time I play :\
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2006 December 09, 05:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ack! What happened to the list of families in the neighborhood with the number of days each has played?

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2006 December 09, 06:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably reset with the new version, a lot of stuff was changed. There should be fewer resets in the future as I moved the token to another GUID. To get the lists back, you will have to open and re-save every lot, but you probably want to do this to make use of the new "event stamp" feature. Generally, you set it to some important day that will occur in the future, like someone's age transition, and when you're playing another lot, it will warn you when you're about to, or when you have, overrun that day, indicating you have to go back and catch up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
afallenb
« Reply #282 on: 2006 December 13, 13:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm... it poked through the floor in my game... though I haven't tried in a while. maybe its changed since then? worth a shot I suppose.

and Rainbow while I agree I love the morphability of twojeff's ACR controller I didn't want to ask for anything that elaborate from J.M. I thought the plain "placeholder" box was asking a lot as it was! *laughs*

Edit: I just this minute checked and it definitely still sticks up through the floor in my game.

I love this object, but of course the visuals are a little off, I have hidden it in the hedge, inside a statue, or behind a wall. If it were a plant, or a street light, or a fire alarm it would be easier to hide and still be accessible to the click.

That said, it is for me one of the can't do with out objects for the four families vying for control of the evil kingdom....

Thanks, J.M.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2006 December 13, 13:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't try to hide it at all. Stick it someplace obvious, and declare it OOC. It's not an in-game object, it's the referee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2006 December 18, 00:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to report something about the lot warp. I have the newest version, but the lot warp seems to still be active. I was looking through my list of installed families, when I accidently clicked one. It warped to lot without asking or saving. I only noticed one bug: the family it warped to became uninstalled, and uninstalled itself again when I returned. I haven't tried it again, but I imagine it would do the same thing.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2007 January 06, 20:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to RFM, you can still click to move between the lots using the lot time sync timer.  According to this thread, you can't.  Does this feature work or not?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2007 January 06, 20:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-OFB, it should work. Post-OFB, it should be deactivated.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2007 January 06, 20:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rats.  I'm placing timer in my lots again as I was forgeting which lots I hadn't been playing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2007 January 06, 20:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See why this item is awesome? Not only does it tell you which lots are behind, but you can set an "event trigger" to warn you when something is supposed to happen on a specific day, so it doesn't happen out of sequence.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2007 January 06, 21:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I especially love the "event trigger". That was the feature that got me to finally try this item. Now, of course, I wish I had been using it all along. 

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2007 January 07, 03:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that's why this stuff is AWESOME, and why you should thus always check out the latest in Shiny Things.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2007 January 07, 05:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the "Event Trigger" a Pets only feature? I've never seen it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2007 January 07, 13:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Event Day feature was added only in the newer versions. You will have to download the update if you want to see it. It's under "Set Event Day".

mk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2007 February 27, 12:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a look through the thread, but couldn't see anything that answers my problem.

On some of my lots the number of days counted by the timer no longer advances at midnight, but at some other hour of the day.  I'm assuming this is a result of my ignoring the warnings and using the time warp feature when I've moved families.  Is there any way to fix this and reset it so the days advance at midnight?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2007 February 27, 13:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The timer never advances at midnight. The time advances at 1800, the same time as when everyone ages. Since the objective is to track synchronous aging, this event thus occurs at 1800, not midnight.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2007 March 13, 11:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help with this - I've RFM which doesn't say much really on what everything does and I've read through this thread and am still unclear. 

What exactly is Event Day - how do you use it?

And...I think I want to use the warp but want to make sure I wont screw up my game.  Maybe I'm being too anal but the situation is this.  I was playing the Broke family for a while - maybe 4 days.  She gave birth to little Chav Broke and Beau had his birthday.  I decided to get her engaged to a townie (who I made very wealthy) and move them out.  I want this to be a "pretty woman"-esque story,  Anyway, so they've moved to their mansion and now it's Monday 8:30am, but everyone in her family are three days older or whatever.    All my other lots, I've basically just moved them in, set up stuff, saved, but not played much - at most it's the Tuesday on all the other lots.  Is there a safe way I can make the Brandi Brokenomore Lot the thursday is should be, or should I just give it a fuckit and not be so anal?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2007 March 13, 11:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is Event Day - how do you use it?
Event day is for sequenced events. You know, things like aging. If you know a sim will age in +4 days, you can set this as your event day. When playing other lots, you will be notified when another lot is about to hit its scheduled event. Say you have a family. At the moment they're pretty dull at the moment. You know that someone will age up in 8 days. So you set "event day" for 8 days. Now you can stop playing them. Go to another lot. Play them. When day 8 is about to come up, you'll be notified that you should attend to these laggards, and hopefully you'll have thought of something interesting to do. No more having to stick to an ironclad rotation of 3 days (which can overrun events).

Is there a safe way I can make the Brandi Brokenomore Lot the thursday is should be, or should I just give it a fuckit and not be so anal?
Time warp seems to have exhibited no ill effects to date, so it should be safe to use for this exact purpose, yes. I'd just say fuckit, though. Because if every single family is synchronized to be on the same day of week, remember that since Try For Baby Day is between Wednesday 1800 and Thursday around noonish, every single sprog will end up popping that exact same day, and you'll basically have babies show up in waves, which makes it difficult to keep a continuous rotation in Uni.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2007 March 13, 14:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh...I see.  You're right, let's see if I can let it go though - not having the days coincide.  Thanks for answering so quickly. 

ETA: My game has started crashing since I started installing this and I'm wondering if it had anything to do do with not yet having them installed on all my playable lots, which is the only thing I can think of.  What happens is I place the thingie on my lot, (btw, I put in in the foundation and it does not go through the first floor) install for family, and play a bit because loading other lots takes too long.  Eventually the game crashes.  Any Ideas?  And no, I haven't used the warp option.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 13, 19:21:56 by moniquinin » Logged

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2007 March 14, 06:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What edition of game are you running? I'm not sure how it'd be related since it runs purely Maxian meshes, so it can't be that. Unless it's the NL random-illogical-BHAV-crash, but I don't see that happening either.

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2007 March 15, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think there could be a option so it announces which day it is at 18:00 hours? I set the event day to tell me when it's a certain day on the lot, but that day comes and goes and I never get notification.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: