More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:43:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition  (Read 353435 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
« Reply #150 on: 2006 March 03, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this oddness today with the jump facility.  I was playing the woman who has the flower business (Delarosa or something) just to see how it all went and I noticed that all the main neighbourhood families were shown, which they didn't used to be on Downtown residential lots.  By mistake I clicked on the Dreamer lot and their loading screen came up, but when it arrived at the lot it was actually back on the flower woman's.  It did save what had occurred up to then, so at least that facility is still working.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 March 04, 01:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed something similiar in my game today after I installed OFB.  I saw all the downtown people on my list.  I clicked to go to a downtown lot and that lot's family screen loaded but I went back to the main neighborhood lot I was on.,
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 March 04, 05:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this oddness today with the jump facility.  I was playing the woman who has the flower business (Delarosa or something) just to see how it all went and I noticed that all the main neighbourhood families were shown, which they didn't used to be on Downtown residential lots.  By mistake I clicked on the Dreamer lot and their loading screen came up, but when it arrived at the lot it was actually back on the flower woman's.  It did save what had occurred up to then, so at least that facility is still working.
That seems to be an effect of how OFB has altered some low-level primitives in lot iteration.

The other issue is that lot jump exhibits some peculiar artifacts as a result and is presently disabled for OFB in the current version.

Lot-jump does not apparently entirely dissassociate from the originally loaded family anymore and issues may occur if you move anyone into the family after entering it via lot-jump. The exact extent of this is under evaluation, and until then, the jump feature has been OFB-disabled and is not recommended for use if you have an old version. Use at your own risk.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 March 04, 05:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does clicking on neighbors as introduced by NL still work?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 March 04, 15:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It better, that's a Maxian feature.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 March 05, 02:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always felt a bit wary of that particular Maxian feature, it it's so seamless, why did they not have that from the beginning? The only time I've ever lot jumped is with JM's sync timer, I trust his programming.

Won't have to worry about OFB just yet - it doesn't get released in New Zealand till 9th March. Sad Went to buy it yesterday and had to pre-order.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 March 05, 02:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why they didn't have it from the beginning, but I love it.  I guess they didn't have it because they didn't have clickable neighbors. 
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 March 07, 07:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More to the point, you couldn't actually see the neighbours.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 March 07, 08:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from some oddness a little bit like the above mentioned I noticed that I have to Re-"Install for family" from time to time.
I don't know why, but annoyingly often the lot sync timer "uninstalls" itself from normal residential lots though the number of past days is displayed correctly upon "re-installation".

The oddness that occured was this:
I played Lot A and used the lot sync timer to jump to Lot B where I invited the folks from Lot A over along with some other townies.
When I tried to send them home saying goodbye to them, there was no pie menu option to do so.
So I used a townie to send everyone home. All townies left, the two Sims of Lot A however didn't.
When I saved an reloaded the lot, they were gone.

This particular hack of yours is something I can't do without, so I can't wait until you have some time to look into these strange behaviours...which hopefully will be some time soon...

Black holes suck!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 March 07, 08:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're jumping with OFB installed, this is not recommended, there have been some latent underlying issues in the core code with jumping from lot to lot.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 March 09, 01:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it is something in my game, but I have never had the option to jump from lot to lot before anyways.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 March 17, 00:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got around to playing some of the Maxis sims in Bluewater Village today, and when I installed the lotsync timer on their home lots, I noticed that the list included ALL of my Pleasantview families too!  I was rather surprised, as I thought this didn't work across sub-neighborhoods.  It this a side-effect of the 'neighborhood jumping to your business' that OFB added to the game?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 March 17, 01:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be an OFB side effect, yes, since it won't occur under previous game versions.

Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 March 18, 17:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems with the built-in Maxian lot jump feature in OFB so far.
It doesn't appear to draw the same artifacts as the sync timer.

Black holes suck!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2006 March 23, 18:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems with the built-in Maxian lot jump feature in OFB so far.

What is the "built-in Maxian lot jump feature"?  Do you mean clickable lots, or the cheat that apparently takes you to ANY lot (whether you can see it to click on it or not)?  I tried the cheat, but it didn't work.  It loaded up what I thought was going to be a different lot (it had no name), but I ended-up back in the same lot, just as I did when I clicked on a lot on the Sync Timer by mistake.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 2006 March 23, 18:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the "built-in Maxian lot jump feature"?  Do you mean clickable lots, or the cheat that apparently takes you to ANY lot (whether you can see it to click on it or not)?  I tried the cheat, but it didn't work.  It loaded up what I thought was going to be a different lot (it had no name), but I ended-up back in the same lot, just as I did when I clicked on a lot on the Sync Timer by mistake.

The built in jump is the ability to click on a neighboring lot (with clickable neighbors turned on) and switch from your current famly to that family.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 April 04, 05:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this when it was updated - but now it seems since it has been updated again for OFB (the lot-jump disabled)... I can't download using IE, I installed Firefox just to see if I could (and could not).... any ideas?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 April 04, 05:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because the links have been fubarred since the site implosion.  Try looking at www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006 April 04, 06:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find the "Lot-sync timer" here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/ maybe I'm just too tired (or too blind).

For a while I've had a contrary opinion that I'm going to make public now: not *all* BlueSoups suck!

Thank you, BlueSoup for your reply.

[edited to fix typo]
[edited again to add]
Can't even find it in the Mar 22 edition of the MoreAwesomeThanYou zip!
...day 8 of 10 day stretch at work (plus overtime) - tired/brain-dead... be kind, please!
« Last Edit: 2006 April 04, 06:07:48 by DMDye » Logged
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 April 04, 06:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it's there, 7th from the bottom. He calls it the Sync Timer.  (Not sure why the two different names, but whatever)

And also, thanks for your opinion.  Smiley
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 April 04, 06:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so very, very much, BlueSooup!

My opinion has been increased now to: You are one of the BlueSoups that seriously *do not* suck! (don't have an opinion about the rest of them, though)

I found and downloaded it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 May 10, 17:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the shiny new Time Warp button on the synctimer do?  I figure the days of the week will set it to that day, but what does Initialize do?  And does setting days of the week really work?  I've tried doing this with other hacks, but it was a known issue that it doesn't stick.  At midnight, it will revert back to whatever day of the week it would have been had you not changed it.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 May 10, 17:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shiny new time warp?  Ooooh....

I wonder what Pescado's done now.
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006 May 10, 18:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed a new version of this is out. Has it been fixed to work with OFB now? (I know it kinda worked with OFB already, but some features of it didn't.)
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 May 10, 18:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always did work with OFB, the only feature that didn't was the lot-jumping feature, which really had nothing to do with the original purpose anyway.  Apparently, there is a new shiny feature for it, but I am not sure what it's for.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: