More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:02:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Automated Baby Controller
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Automated Baby Controller  (Read 171993 times)
SmilingSweetly
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Automated Baby Controller
« Reply #125 on: 2008 July 18, 09:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make that 3 of us. After playing all day a family that has two females with the 10 baby want and T&Q in place and both women having the twin benefit, there have been alot of babies on my lot. Throw into the mix teens and two sets of parents and you have the makings of a nice frustration fest on your hands.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 November 12, 12:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since AL parents have been able to butt into the queue to play peak-a-boo, preventing the toddler from doing what they should be doing.  Especially during the very important smart milk craze.
Very, very annoying.  Any way to fix?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 November 12, 12:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted for addition to anti-harassment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 May 17, 03:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about ABC.  I notice that if the toddler's energy is in the deep red while he is skilling, I can direct the caregiver to put it in the crib and the toddler will cease skilling to allow it to be put to bed.  However, if it's just in the deep yellow, the toddler will ignore the caregiver and the caregiver's action will be dropped.  Can it be tweaked so that any caregiver action will force toddlers to stop whatever they're doing?  I find it irritating to have to switch to toddler, X out the action, switch to caregiver, and then do the action.

Also, I had an APO conflict as well.  I configured an APO inside the nursery to deny "exit" to "everyone" and had overrides for the two caregivers.  I put a rabbit toy at the corner of the room adjacent to the door to the kitchen.  One time, when I directed the caregiver to get a bottle from the fridge, she found the toddler blocking the way and dropped it in the kitchen instead, out of reach of the toddler.  I had to go into buy mode and move the bottle into the room.  is the solution to the problem not to put toys so close to the exit, or is there a way to make sure that the caregiver follows the APO rules?

See this picture for a layout of the nursery and kitchen areas.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 May 17, 06:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about ABC.  I notice that if the toddler's energy is in the deep red while he is skilling, I can direct the caregiver to put it in the crib and the toddler will cease skilling to allow it to be put to bed.  However, if it's just in the deep yellow, the toddler will ignore the caregiver and the caregiver's action will be dropped.  Can it be tweaked so that any caregiver action will force toddlers to stop whatever they're doing?
No, this is a direct artifact of how the action priority system works. Because the baby controller operates at standard priority, it is able to override crap autonomous actions and prevent their interference.

Also, I had an APO conflict as well.  I configured an APO inside the nursery to deny "exit" to "everyone" and had overrides for the two caregivers.  I put a rabbit toy at the corner of the room adjacent to the door to the kitchen.  One time, when I directed the caregiver to get a bottle from the fridge, she found the toddler blocking the way and dropped it in the kitchen instead, out of reach of the toddler.  I had to go into buy mode and move the bottle into the room.  is the solution to the problem not to put toys so close to the exit, or is there a way to make sure that the caregiver follows the APO rules?
The caregiver DID follow the rules. You denied "exit", disallowing anyone from leaving the room, but then gave an exception for the caregivers, so they were able to exit the room. It is not entirely clear why you have configured the room this way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 May 17, 06:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is a direct artifact of how the action priority system works. Because the baby controller operates at standard priority, it is able to override crap autonomous actions and prevent their interference.

I'm fine with stomping autonomous actions.  What I want all user-directed actions to be able to force the toddler to drop whatever activity he/she is doing.  Is that possible?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 May 17, 10:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The actions pushed by the Baby Controller are treated as user directed actions and are indistinguishable from them, so can't be queuestomped by other user-directed actions.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: