More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:35:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Automated Baby Controller
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Automated Baby Controller  (Read 171933 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Automated Baby Controller
« Reply #75 on: 2007 March 13, 04:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My baby controller is unclickable, to the point where it's almost hard to pick it up in buy mode and get rid of it.

Please tell me what I broke.  Tongue

I don't think you broke anything Assmitten.

I have the same problem sometimes. It's just a matter of zooming out enough and rotating around a bit to be able to click on the bloody thing to do whatever.

I know it fades out, which is great because that eye is pretty fearsome. I go way up to birds'-eye view and and still, nothing. I will trying doing a little more fiddling with placement and positioning. When I went back into buy mode, the lil hand wanted to pick up anything that was near or under or behind the eyeball first.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 March 13, 04:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree the eye is scary.  Have you tried my recolors in Peasantry?  They are very plain, but much easier on the "eye".
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 March 13, 04:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a nice lavender pupil with curly eyelashes.  Cheesy

I'll bet yours are something different all together. I'll pop over.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 March 13, 05:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds neat!  I don't know if I could do that though.  Maybe I'll try it someday.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 March 13, 05:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had it get stuck a couple of time, so I used the stuck object remover to get rid of it. I have also forced error and deleted, then I replace it with a new one, no problem. I think that happed during one of the updates, or it was installing Pets, only I didn't find out until much later because I have MANY lots to keep up with.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 March 18, 12:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was posted in another thread a couple of weeks ago:  The scenario is that when there is smartmilk available but no adult or teen in the house is at gold aspiration level or higher, all adults/teens in the house will attempt to feed toddler *regular* milk, in an apparently endless loop.  Even if the toddler's hunger level is at 90% or greater, they don't stop trying to force-feed bottles of regular milk to him.  I just had this happen (again) in my game.  Even if you attempt to break the cycle by ordering the adults to do something else with the toddler (play, diaper change, whatever), the action just drops out of the adult's queue and they go get yet another bottle from the fridge.  Meanwhile the poor toddler is crying and miserable because no one can tend to him.  The only way to break out of the cycle is to get one of the adults in gold aspiration level or higher, at which point all you have to deal with is an exhausted, cranky toddler with social, fun, and probably also hygiene all the way in the red.   Sad

The situation you're describing appears to be impossible, since there's absolutely no condition which would apparently allow a toddler to be fed normal milk at a hunger level of greater than -20 in the absence of smart milk....

Are you certain you're using the most recent version?

I'm absolutely sure I'm using the latest versions of macrotastics and the baby controller, and nobabyharassment.  I always leave the baby controller set to "always smart milk" and "dispose bottles".

Let me know if you need more details.  I've been seeing this for weeks, long before Seasons came out.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 March 18, 13:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried putting the smart milk dispenser in someone's inventory?  When I was having this problem, putting the smart milk dispenser in an inventory (or deleting it) stopped the endless bottles of fridge milk.

I don't have "always smart milk" on.  When the baby transitions to toddler, as soon as there's an adult/teen in gold or higher then I spend the asp points to get a smart milk dispenser and feed the toddler all 5 bottles straight away.  It gives them an IQ of around 440 or thereabouts.  Pescado refers to this as "supernuking" the toddler.  After that they only get regular milk for the rest of their toddlerhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 March 18, 13:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried putting the smart milk dispenser in someone's inventory?  When I was having this problem, putting the smart milk dispenser in an inventory (or deleting it) stopped the endless bottles of fridge milk.  So it would make sense that deleting the smartmilk dispenser or putting it in inventory would stop this behavior.

I haven't tried that.  But I agree that the presence of the smartmilk dispenser seems to be what causes this behavior (along with the absence of any adults who can actually make the smartmilk).

I understand about the super-nuking of toddlers, and I do take advantage of it, but again, that only works if one or more Sims in the household can actually make the smartmilk.

EDIT:  I duplicated the scenario very easily with only the following hacks installed:

ACR
autosoc
autoyak
babycontrol
bathroomusesyou
ffsdebugger
lesswhiny
macrotastics
nobabyharassment
phonehack
phonehack-talkmodule
skillinator
synctimer

In this particular example, the toddler's hunger is at about 80-85% and social is rapidly dropping.  All the adults continue to try to feed bottles, and everything else you direct the toddler to do (or direct the adults to do with the toddler) drops right out of the queue.  No adults in the house have aspiration level at gold or higher.  The smartmilk dispenser in the kitchen is full.  In the screenshot, the icons displayed are "wait for food" and "be fed".

I forced error on the toddler in the hope that the error log might be able to tell you something.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 12:02:50 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 March 19, 11:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And one more thing I forgot to add:  When I entered the lot, the family servo had "make smartmilk" in his queue, but as he was in red asp level, he went to the fridge for a regular bottle instead.  That seems normal, but the behavior I described above definitely is not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 March 19, 12:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 March 20, 01:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new version seems to work a little better.  The adults still bring bottle after bottle of regular milk to the toddler, but at least they are now able to break out of the loop sometimes, for things like a diaper change or to put the toddler to bed. 
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 March 23, 09:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a few more days playing with this version, I have to say I don't think it solves the problem.  Every house I've played with toddlers seems to be affected by this problem.  Even if I get one adult or elder in gold asp level, if there are other adults around who are not in gold asp level, they will continue to deluge the toddler with regular bottles, completely ignoring the toddler's other needs. 

Much as I love the baby controller (I've used it since the very first version), I'm about at the point of pulling it out of my game and trying Twojeffs' baby/toddler hacks instead.  This is really getting annoying. 
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 March 23, 10:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that often things don't work correctly running on triple speed - which you are doing, according to your screenshot. I have no problems with the smartmilk. I have had the same smartmilk dispensers in some families for 3 generations. They smartmilk them until I stop recharging, then they will feed them a bottle when they get hungry, but I generally tell them to get a bottle if a toddler's hunger is down, and they are just finishing using the potty, got a bath, or some other convenient time. I did experience this once, but it was quite a few months ago, and I haven't seen it since. Perhaps it is because the toddler is in aspiration failure. I try and fulfill at least one want immediately after they age so they aren't in the red. Then I Get them a big one after they have had the smartmilk, and they stay happy for the rest of toddlerhood, as long as I keep their aspiration up.  Maybe fulfilling one of her big wants will help. Undecided
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 March 23, 10:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost always run at triple speed.  It's never been a problem before.

The issue here is that the adults won't stop force-feeding regular milk long enough for me to fulfill any of the toddler's wants.  Believe me, I understand how to keep toddlers happy, and ordinarily it's not difficult.  It just seems that with this particular scenario, almost any action drops out of the queue.  They won't skill because their fun and social is low.  Surrounded by toys, they won't play with them (autonomously or otherwise) even if their fun is all the way in the red.  They won't autonomously do *anything* except grab a bottle.  The latest version makes it slightly more likely that an adult can intervene to change a diaper or put them to bed, but the underlying problem is still there.

I still think that this is related to the super-nuking of toddlers in the baby controller.  When it is not possible to make smartmilk (because there are no adults who are in gold asp level or higher), the baby controller is apparently trying to super-nuke with regular milk.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 10:48:26 by karen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 March 23, 13:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try new version. Some logic was completely rewritten and revised.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 March 24, 09:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This version works MUCH better!  The toddler shown in the screenshot above grew up in platinum, no problems at all, after a day playing with the latest version.  Finally my toddlers can be toddlers again.  Thank you!

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 April 12, 02:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a problem with this lately...I haven't used it in awhile since I've deprived my sims of multiplying due to overpoplulation...
But, I've recently had twins (go figure when I was trying to keep the number of babies to a minimum) and for some reason the moment I set the babycontroller to manage babies, I get an object error and end up having to delete it.
I have no hacks in my game other than FFS all of which I have recently updated...

In terms of situation specifics, there isn't much to tell except what I've already said about the fact that once I configure it to manage, the error pops up and I'm forced to delete it.
I have two sims, a set of twins and two dogs on the lot. 

I am posting an error log that will hopefully shed some light on this.  I skimmed through it but, since I can only count to 8, all of the numbers had me confused.

If it's something that's easy to identify, that will be loverly, but otherwise I'm going to have to start stripping my downloads of anything baby related to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2007 April 12, 04:30:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 April 12, 04:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that issue is an oldversion. Get the new version.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 April 12, 06:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, I did have in the newest version..But I remembered awhile back how I ran into a problem with the thinking cap hat-stands. Even though I had updated it, I still had the same problems.
Then someone advised that rather than installing over and replacing the older one, I might try deleting the old one from my folder, and then placing the new one in. That worked for me with the hat-stands, so I tried it out with this one and it actually worked for me.

I know with the hatstands, a lot of people had no problem replacing the file, but I guess there were a few that had to use the method I used...'Tis a mystery to me, for sure.  Undecided
JaneK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 April 28, 11:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a custom crib or cradle?  The Eye does not like custom cribs because they have a different GUID than it is looking for.

Is it possible for me to add the GUID of a custom cradle so that it will be recognized by the Eye?

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 April 28, 14:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or add a scanner similar to the one in BUY so it can find the clones of the Maxis objects?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 June 20, 22:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baby controller is clearly the weak point in my game ATM.

I set it to dispose of bottles- it keeps pulling my salesperson and my cashier away from a store full of customers all the way across the large lot to the farmhouse to throw away one bottle the sim I have on baby care hasn't gotten to yet. All the business hacks let me assign one person to do things; I think the baby controller needs a similar function so it won't keep bothering my workers with trivial tasks. I've got a large field of plants, a store selling produce, 4 adult sims, and 3 babies (stupid trips and quads); I want Daddy to take care of the kids while Mommy and her two friends alternate working the fields and running the store (they only open the store every few days or so). With free will off (and me forgetting to put Daddy in power idle half the time) this works well right up until I assign them to be salesperson and be cashier instead of be farmer; then they keep abandoning their posts (despite 8 or so customers browsing and a long line of 4 or so waiting to be rung up, with no badge for cashier yet).

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 June 21, 00:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Set it for Disintegration, then. And what exactly are they leaving to do?

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 June 21, 01:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the hint of realism from dispose; I finally told it not to process bottles and every day or so had someone macro->clean instead. But the really annoying one was the cashier: I noticed him traipsing towards the house, so I clicked on him, and he had a bottle to dispose of in his que. I cancelled it out, and he immediatly replaced it with the same bottle. I cancelled it and instructed him to "ring up these customers" (most of whom ended up pissed off and leaving), only to find him move a few steps towards the cash register, then cancel my command in favor of the bottle. I had to manually delete the bottle to get him to tend the cash register. Ditto for my salesperson, despite her having plenty of customers to attend to. If she's not attending to customers it should be because her needs are low IMO, not because her idiot friend dropped a bottle all the way across the lot.

(similarly, why does her hunger have to be 100% green before she'll work? It being about 80% full should be fine for a workday since energy is the main imperative anyway... but that's a BRY question, not a baby controller issue)

INFP or something
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 June 21, 06:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have a fight with the baby controller I just click the emergency stop.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: