More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:00:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!  (Read 52257 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Pool Hack - Anti-Pool Obsession And More!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 26, 12:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I tell my sims to "get in" the pool, they just stand there witht he diving board in their though bubble but I can get them to "get in" with the ladder and on some lots they will dive on their own.  Is this related to this hack?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 26, 19:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they properly dressed for the task? This hack blocks them from using the portal if they're not dressed for swimming, but you can still manually direct them to get in using a pool fixture, and they'll spin-change to get in. The portal-blocking is necessary to prevent them from autonomously walking into the pool. They are blocked from autonomously using the pool fixtures unless dressed for it. Or not dressed, as the case may be. That's permitted now also. Smiley

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 26, 23:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok that's cool.  Better than RUDE guests coming over and immediately jumping into pool w/o even talking to my sims.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 09, 17:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's done already. Get "No Buskers" from the main hack directory.

Lovely Cheesy - Once again my sanity is saved from the silly decisions made by Maxis developers.
Thank you.

Instant gratification takes too long.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 12, 05:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they properly dressed for the task? This hack blocks them from using the portal if they're not dressed for swimming, but you can still manually direct them to get in using a pool fixture, and they'll spin-change to get in. The portal-blocking is necessary to prevent them from autonomously walking into the pool. They are blocked from autonomously using the pool fixtures unless dressed for it. Or not dressed, as the case may be. That's permitted now also. Smiley

A few questions:

1) So a sim now must be dressed (in a swimsuit) or not-dressed (naked) in order to use any of the pool fixtures autonomously?

2) Can visiting sims be asked to join? And if so... will they be able to change and use the pool fixtures? Or are they still blocked from doing so? And can only enter via the ladder first? So... they must be smart enough to A) get properly dressed (or undressed) and B) know to use the ladder first before they can get into the pool. Yes?

3) Does this also apply to the hot tub(s)? Or is that totally different code altogether? I found that visiting sims still autonomously get into the hot tub, which can be just as annoying and/or kind of rude in a way. Perhaps that should also be included, that it is invite only first for visitors or allowable if a party is going on, and perhaps Also allow skinny dipping in the hot tub(s) as well? Pretty please? Cheesy

Oh... another mini question, maybe, if this isn't already included, there should be an exception, similar to the "No Buskers" hack, in that if there is a party going on, then visitors could be allowed in the pool and/or hot tub(s). And... preventing visitors or non-controllable sims from entering the pool and/or hot tub(s) should be limited to residential lots, which I assume is how it already works for pools. I'm just mentioning this because, if the anti-pool restrictions were applied to hot tubs as well, this should only affect residential lots hopefully, because I do have hot tubs at Uni lot dorms, and on those lots it would make sense for dormies and visitors to be able to use hot tubs and/or pools pretty much any time they want, since they are sort of more like community lots. Or at least all the objects on the lot are communal in a way. I hope that makes sense. Smiley

Thanks!

Ste

Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 July 07, 12:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They will only use the pool if appropriate dressed for it,
as opposed to magically pulling their swimsuits from their butts the moment
Hahahaha  Cheesy I almost choked when I read that.

Thnaks im sick of my sims jumping in all the time
millahnna
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 12, 09:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am, sadly, in the middle of a reinstall (which always takes me aobut five tries because I got one of THOSE disks) so I don't have an error log for this yet.  But poolhack as downloaded from "Pre-TSU" caused some seriously odd errors with my sims (base game patched only still...sigh) when  I instructed them to go swimming.  They wouldn't swim but instead became "stuck" and had to be deleted via moveobjects (one would dance at the poolside stero autonomousy but failed to do anything else). 

If no one else has run into this or can duplicate it, I will upload an error log as soon as I get this buggy effing game to reinstall. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: