More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:44:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  MATYville Real Estate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MATYville Real Estate  (Read 19083 times)
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: MATYville Real Estate
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 20, 16:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well since the home I grew up in has turned Ghetto I might as well let a sim Me live in the slums.
Got any thing in the form of an efficency to fit me in to?
I'll make sim Me later tonight.

I do love that trailer....
Reminds me of the one that guy in the forest near my school lived in.
When he died they found out the old nut was some rich old something or another who snapped back in the 50's.
Dude had like half a mill in cash and all sorts of "treasures" in that tin can of his.

Now I kinda wanna make a sim of him and stick him in that trailer if I could possibly get it from you.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 20, 17:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were able to get my lots and my family ,you can put "Nana" in that trailer.  Smiley  She'd love it!!!  (Nana is based on my RL mother in law) Wink  Besides, I'd love to see the old broad tortured.  hehehe
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 20, 18:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that in your pictures the mailbox (and trashcan) have been moved, does the mailman have any problems with it being moved away from the road?

Not that I've experienced. Just make sure that there is a clear path to it and it's not blocked. Someone please speak up if they've found otherwise.

I've never had any problems and I move both the trashcan and the mailbox all the time. However, it will make sims walk all over your lot. Every sim that walks by, as well as all delivery people, HAVE to stop by the mailbox as they pass. So if the mailbox is somewhere in the middle of the lot, that's where they'll all go. Gets very annoying. I mostly keep it within a few squares of the road for that reason.

Fail.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 20, 19:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I kinda wanna make a sim of him and stick him in that trailer if I could possibly get it from you.

When I get home tonight, I upload the lot for you (or anyone else that wants it).

In the meantime, you might want to check out this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47196&highlight=trailer+trash

It is Blink13y 's trailer. This is the lot that "inspired" me to build mine. I have downloaded this lot and played it in my personal hood. That lot is bigger than mine, but my trailer is wider than that one. I found the MTS2 to be too narrow for me. This lot also has a lot of the "trashed" items in it, so if you're looking for that stuff, it might save you from doing a bunch of downloads separately.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 20, 20:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had any problems and I move both the trashcan and the mailbox all the time. However, it will make sims walk all over your lot. Every sim that walks by, as well as all delivery people, HAVE to stop by the mailbox as they pass. So if the mailbox is somewhere in the middle of the lot, that's where they'll all go. Gets very annoying. I mostly keep it within a few squares of the road for that reason.

ahhh...ok,  I will keep that in mind  Cool  Can't have everyone under the sim sun messing up my sims yards!!  Grin
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 21, 03:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I get home tonight, I upload the lot for you (or anyone else that wants it).

In the meantime, you might want to check out this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47196&highlight=trailer+trash

It is Blink13y 's trailer. This is the lot that "inspired" me to build mine. I have downloaded this lot and played it in my personal hood. That lot is bigger than mine, but my trailer is wider than that one. I found the MTS2 to be too narrow for me. This lot also has a lot of the "trashed" items in it, so if you're looking for that stuff, it might save you from doing a bunch of downloads separately.

Here is my "trash trailer" for anyone that's interested. It has a bunch of custom content, primarily from MTS2 although there may be a couple of TSR items on the lot.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8EHMVUV
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 21, 03:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sweet, simmie!

I feel compelled to redo the walls inside with some trashed wallpaper...  lol

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 21, 14:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've been pampered all my live, i think it would do me good sending me there Smiley

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 21, 15:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that second picture looks like it ought to be condemned...

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 21, 16:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't finding the type of highrise apartment buildings that I wanted for part of the hood. I wanted something modern looking and "steel". I decided to build one. The building is currently hollow as I am going to use this as a template. It has Targa's elevators in it (get them at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97172&highlight=targa+elevator ), some custom walls, windows and doors. (Custom wall from: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65694&highlight=elevator and custom windows and doors at TSR) The lowest level is a six car garage. The next level up is the lobby - rec room area. Above that are three apartments. Each apartment has two levels, a balcony and an area with cathedral ceilings. Here are some pictures and the file if any one is interested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZL5BW0L3

Edited to add:
It is also on the exchange if you want to brave trying to connect to the BBS:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=284465&asset_type=lot&user_id=1624714
« Last Edit: 2005 December 21, 18:44:25 by simmiecal » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 21, 16:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nice, but I don't think my machine would ever let me play it.  Cry  I really need to spend more money on my computer (like I don't spend all my extra money on computer stuff as it is.)  Tongue
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 21, 16:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of the architecture of Chicago, for some reason... especially the marina apartments...

I wasn't finding the type of highrise apartment buildings that I wanted for part of the hood. I wanted something modern looking and "steel". I decided to build one. The building is currently hollow as I am going to use this as a template. It has Targa's elevators in it (get them at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97172&highlight=targa+elevator ), some custom walls, windows and doors. (Custom wall from: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65694&highlight=elevator and custom windows and doors at TSR) The lowest level is a six car garage. The next level up is the lobby - rec room area. Above that are three apartments. Each apartment has two levels, a balcony and an area with cathedral ceilings. Here are some pictures and the file if any one is interested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZL5BW0L3

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 21, 16:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of the architecture of Chicago, for some reason... especially the marina apartments...

Ah, the mind works in mysterious ways.....considering I grew up in Chicago, I'm sure Chicago architecture comes to mind first when I'm designing and building.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 21, 16:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's such a beautiful city... I grew up there as well, and the architecture is one of the things I miss the most.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 21, 16:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

way bewitching...i need those kind of ideas for my houses, which i'm lacking, sheesh..thx simmiecal!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 21, 17:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the apartments are beautiful!...  Um, I'm thinking somehow I need to move up to that before jumping into a condo then a 2 story 6 bedroom house like I have now, lol.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 22, 17:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind living in the trailer either Simmiecal, as long as I get out eventually. I'm dirt-poor right now, although I do have enough to afford a house to live in. Darn tuitions...(thank goodness for scholarships :D)

The apartment house is a beauty, although my machine will most likely not let me get away with playing it either. But I will stick it into the downtown area for the looks.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 22, 18:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind if my sim(s) live in the poorer part of town, but, um, maybe not quite as poor as the trailer in the first picture... brings up bad memories, and as silly as it sounds, it would pain me a little to have my pixel-self(selves) having to live like that. Poor is okay, but relatively clean, neat, and doing as well as finances allow poor.

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 23, 09:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not that thrilled with this apartment building but it does have a roof top pool.

More info at if you're interested in downloading it:
http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=181.0

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 23, 09:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks really nice, Simmiecal.  Smiley

Edit:  Thank you, this is great.  Tongue
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 23, 16:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trashed trailer is something I had on my game for a while and it's very "me".  I can live in surroundings like that and literally not even notice (well, I more or less do anyway except there are no wheels).  As long as I had a computer and the electricity to run it (which, of course, Sims apparently don't need), what else was there/not there wouldn't matter.  Ideally though, I'd be in the Lucy in the Sky complex, which I also have.  I absolutely adore caravans and would love to live in a genuine Romany caravan, giving the occasional tarot reading to earn a bit of cash, but otherwise hiding from the rest of the world. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 26, 19:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont care where sim me lives.........however if you stick me there have sim me clean up the trash in and around my trailer and a cheap paint job would be nice after all sim me could be there awhile might as well beautify my own shack if possible Cool other than having sim me fix up my hovel a bit and make it liveable by all means  move me into the ghetto.even thee ghetto can be made a nicer place to live with a little paint and elbow grease

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: