More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:28:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  MATYville Real Estate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MATYville Real Estate  (Read 19096 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
MATYville Real Estate
« on: 2005 December 19, 00:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, everyone wants to live on the good side of town. I have several run down trailers (not the nice ones from Laverwinklesims) and a ghetto. They can't be full of townies. We need a couple of brave MATY souls to live there so we can do a rags to riches story.  Any volunteers?

Just so you know what you are getting yourself into:

I've moved into the ghetto myself:

Any other volunteers?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: MATYville Real Estate
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 19, 00:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah my Simself will volunteer simmiecal.....I'd love to go from trash to flash  Grin

Let me know how successful 'I' become  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 19, 00:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, what the heck...

You can put me there too...

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 19, 01:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any apartments or duplexes on the poor side of town?

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 19, 01:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've lived in a crappy trailer before. I don't have a problem starting out "low". Smiley Actually, you can put Sim-me in any housing or any living situation. I'm not picky.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 19, 02:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any apartments or duplexes on the poor side of town?

The third picture above (the one sim-me is in) is a lot with 5 individual small house/apartments on it. I'm using Inge's security system to assign each apartment. I also have some "high-rise" apartments that are more middle class that I'm still working on. Right now, I'm just finishing up the old industrial section that has become the neglected slum area.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 19, 02:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've lived in a crappy trailer before. I don't have a problem starting out "low". Smiley Actually, you can put Sim-me in any housing or any living situation. I'm not picky.
How about putting you in the Ethiopian E-Mail Challenge? Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 19, 02:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  I know I wanted rags to riches for my sim me, but I'm scared of the inside of that trailer!  Put me in there, but don't leave me there!

happy now :-)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 19, 02:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about putting you in the Ethiopian E-Mail Challenge? Tongue

Go for it. If you're as awesome as you claim, I should be fine. Smiley

That trailer I lived in had no heat. None. And no insulation to speak of. That winter, we had a spell of temperatures in the teens that lasted several weeks. If I left a glass of water out overnight, there would be ice on it in the morning. I've lived with no money, with a baby, but no car or refrigerator. And I've never been on public assistance of any kind (not that there's anything wrong with it). I could go on about hardship but that would just sound whiny. In short, your challenge does not phase me in the least, except for the crying baby part.

Tongue
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 19, 04:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!  I know I wanted rags to riches for my sim me, but I'm scared of the inside of that trailer!  Put me in there, but don't leave me there!

Grin
You're part of the reason I made this post! I've been reading and re-reading what people have posted about their self-sims trying to match some things up. I misread where you posted this:

"Naturally, if you are a true MATY member, you would ensure that my sim experiences the complete opposite of all my desires, which would be no woohoo, living in a shack with an overweight, scruffy, smelly woman!  Maybe that's what I deserve!"

and in my notes had that you wanted to live in a shack. I am trying to match what people say about themself with what the story line in the hood is (as much as possible). I decided it best not to just stick someone in the slums without them knowing ahead of time. I didn't want anyone to misread my intentions or to be upset (especially because I make my slums to be "slums").
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 19, 05:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe... if you got lots of you slummy stuff over at MTS2 you'll note that I did a bunch of the updating for University...  Not to mention that I made some trashy stuff too.  So likely I'll have fun playing myself in that enviroment, LOL

Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 19, 09:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to live in the ghetto and slum areas - I'd get bored living the good life for too long!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 19, 12:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, thanks for listening.  I'll quietly slink into that trailer with that overweight, scruffy smelly woman.  Consort's got a fantastic male 'fat' mesh - I've got a female one from MTS, but I'm not sure who made it.  I'll double check then add it here.  Grin

happy now :-)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 19, 15:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll live in your trailer Grin I don't mind what you do with my sim.....just don't marry me to Goopy!

I'm going to use my self-sim for the email challenge Wink I don't mind abusing myself....*cough*

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 19, 18:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha that's great

If you don't mind me asking..where did you get your "slum" type things..such as the wallpapers and foundation that has wheels?
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 19, 18:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anywhere mysterious explosions would be unnerving is good. People never expect the next Dr. Evil to be living in a ghetto. ;-D
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 19, 19:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha that's great

If you don't mind me asking..where did you get your "slum" type things..such as the wallpapers and foundation that has wheels?

The siding and the "dirty" furniture came from MTS2. Just search for "trashed" and you'll find a bunch. Actually, there is a lot on there already built that looks a lot like the one I built. (I had previously downloaded that lot and played it in my personal hood.) I liked that lot but the trailer was a little too narrow for my tastes but I definitely got my "ideas" for my trailer from that one. If you download that trailer, you will get a lot of the trash stuff along with it.

The wheels that are on the trailer got into the game from Witch's hippie commune "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" that was imported into the hood. Witch will have to tell you where she got them. (Heehee - but now that I have them, I'm using them.)
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 19, 19:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

skandelouslala, The wheels are from the Caravan Shope.  http://www.caravanshopsims2.com/EN/caravan.php

The slummy stuff is likely from MTS2...  I think I recoginze the outside rusted tin siding as being by KThompson. 
The thread I'm posting has lots of stuff, and it's scattered throughout the thread too.  Not everything is there though, as some folks have made trashed stuff later.  Wireless guy has a nice set of "second hand" worn wood recolors too. 

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38304

What you want to do is read the thread for the rest of the stuff. 
Look up my postings if you want, as I have several posts that pull all the info together and list exact post numbers for things that are updated or go with this set. 

It was on of the first community sets at MTS2 and kind of took on a life of it's own. 

Skins, sims, and clothing for this set can be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39399
Search for stuff by Blink13y too, as he's still making sims for this on his own. 

8deadly sims (pay site) also has started making a set of this kind of stuff... 

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 19, 19:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOu can put me there too as long as I get out eventually. Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 19, 20:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of those apartment places sounds fine if there is one vacant. I don't mind having to work for things but I want a few people to socialize with in the meantime.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 19, 23:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can put me whereever you want, dosen't matter to me  Grin
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 20, 02:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty much a suburbanite at heart, but if all the other mid-range houses are taken, my Sim boyfriend and I could live in a trailer.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 20, 02:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that in your pictures the mailbox (and trashcan) have been moved, does the mailman have any problems with it being moved away from the road?
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 20, 04:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that in your pictures the mailbox (and trashcan) have been moved, does the mailman have any problems with it being moved away from the road?

Not that I've experienced. Just make sure that there is a clear path to it and it's not blocked. Someone please speak up if they've found otherwise.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 20, 14:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wonderful news! now I will shift some mailboxs and trashcans on some of my pre-NL lots so I can fit a driveway in *laughs*
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: