More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:56:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire (decrap issue?)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire (decrap issue?)  (Read 2350 times)
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire (decrap issue?)
« on: 2022 December 31, 01:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, it's me again.

I downloaded this sims3pack by sailing the seven seas. Of course, that meant that I had to decrap the file before I could install it. I just noticed recently, that the fence "festive fencing" from the pack is not in my game. I got a bit suspicious, basically looked to see it any other item was missing from the pack, but no, they're all there except this random fence. I assume this is probably caused by the decrap process since it has a tendency to require certain store fixes to fix missing elements and whatever.

Just wanted to confirm if anyone else who pirated this (or got it officially if it's a set issue) also has this particular fence missing. (I'm specifically asking regarding the full set "Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire. Not necessarily the Romanza Ceremony + Attire OR Romanza Ceremony + Reception). However, if people with those sets also have this issue when pirated, feel free to comment.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire (decrap issue?)
« Reply #1 on: 2022 December 31, 12:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no information about this set. Are other fences from other sets affected?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2022 December 31, 13:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no information about this set. Are other fences from other sets affected?

Hi! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Not that I've noticed, I see other store fences just fine. Ofc with the store fixes there are some fixed stencils of fences I dont have, but they show up as unnamed custom content as I don't have the actual pieces downloaded. (I believe these are to fix uncastable fences IIRC)?

EDIT: I know for a fact it said "success" when installed, but I can try reinstalling the sims3pack perhaps downloading from another page to see if the issue was this sims3pack. However, is it safe to do so if some parts are already installed? Or do I need to clean out any remnants of the set from the launcher and my game to avoid it kinda causing some duplicate mess?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2022 December 31, 22:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I somehow don't think that's actually going to help in any way, but it probably won't hurt, either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2023 January 01, 02:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you clear out your mailbox I could chat to you there.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2023 January 01, 13:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I somehow don't think that's actually going to help in any way, but it probably won't hurt, either.

This might be unrelated but I didn't know there was a difference until just now. Whats the difference between recompressing and decrappin? Why would I do decrap over recompress when it does the same but decrap also jumbles the file and need store fixes. Why don't people just recompress instead?

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2023 January 01, 17:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recompress is mostly about repacking the file to save disk space, and doesn't materially alter any of the innards of the file. Decrapify attempts to remove the tags that prevent the content from loading in the game.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2023 January 01, 18:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recompress is mostly about repacking the file to save disk space, and doesn't materially alter any of the innards of the file. Decrapify attempts to remove the tags that prevent the content from loading in the game.

Oh okay. The reason why I got confused was as I was looking around with this whole store content issue. I can across someone who supposedly has store content as package files undecrapped which means that store fixes aren't necessary. I always assumed decrap was necessary to allow other programs to access the encrypted sims3pack file. Well, apparently just using the recompress supposedly also unlocks this without jumbling the whole file to the point where certain accessories etc go missing so no store fixes required. But I mostly here about this whole decrap and decrap store fixed when it comes to arrd store content so it did make me confused. Would a sims3pack that was only recompressed work to be downloaded through the launcher or is it here where the decrap becomes necessary to remove some extra encryption?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2023 January 01, 21:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would a sims3pack that was only recompressed work to be downloaded through the launcher or is it here where the decrap becomes necessary to remove some extra encryption?
You can't recompress an encrypted pack because the index that contains the sizes of everything in it can't be read.

Ubercuber
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2023 January 05, 00:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would a sims3pack that was only recompressed work to be downloaded through the launcher or is it here where the decrap becomes necessary to remove some extra encryption?
You can't recompress an encrypted pack because the index that contains the sizes of everything in it can't be read.

Okay thanks for your respones! I ended up just downloaded store content as undecrapped package files to avoid the whole store fixes / decrap situation that I fear I am too dumb to understand. Thanks anyway to trying to help out.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2023 January 07, 07:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the fences reappear when you did this? If the fences reappear when you do this, send me the original package and I will take a look at it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: